Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you enjoy the banjo?
Yeah, its cool. 6 31.58%
Maybe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1 5.26%
no, 1 5.26%
Palm Tree 11 57.89%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 08:24 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,750,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Who is this Bill O'Reilly? An entertainer or something?
Yea, he's got a clown show on TV.

Old 04-09-2015, 07:24 AM

78,376 posts, read 60,566,039 times
The irony of Media Matters and Mother Jones whining about someone else stretching the truth to push partisan ideology is fantastic.

What do you have next for us OP? A North Korean book about the terrible human rights abuses in Russia?

Old 04-09-2015, 07:33 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedimenjerry View Post
Lol seriously? You don't think spreading misinformation in any way harms the general public due to voting?
This ebook focuses on the fact that much of his past has been fabricated (like the Brian Williams snafu) to gain credibility. Someone with prolific lies of any kind shouldn't be trusted in newsmedia. Here's a long list. It's the Daily Dot so inspect carefully. Even just a handful of these could influence voters, particularly in local politics.
So, you can't list any lies that would have any significant on voting?

This is about things like him saying a lot of broken concrete was thrown at him over two decades ago and other journalists saying they only remember one piece of concrete that smashed a camera?

We all know what this really is. It's "payback" for Brian Williams criticism. The one thing you need to remember is that Brian Williams is a news anchor billed as a journalist while O'Reilly is a commentator, an entertainer. You really can't see the difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The irony of Media Matters and Mother Jones whining about someone else stretching the truth to push partisan ideology is fantastic.

What do you have next for us OP? A North Korean book about the terrible human rights abuses in Russia?
LOL, isn't that the truth.

It would be like Rolling Stone reporting on, well, just about anything now.

Old 04-09-2015, 08:30 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
Next time you watch him, notice how he will fold his arms up towards his chest and chin and clinches his fists just like sweet little Shirley Temple when he's trying to stress his point.

One of his advisors should point that out to him. It makes him look weak and insecure when he's trying to play the roll of a stern rigid tough guy and defender of the "folks".
Since I'm not a Fox News or O'Reilly viewer (with very rare exceptions), I decided to pull up a YouTube clip of him to see if this were true or not.

I chose a nice long 30 minute clip and watched it.

I didn't see one single time where he folded up his arms to his chest, and I only saw one quick clinched fist in the entire thing.

BTW, I chose a long clip that I thought would have the best possibility due to the guests and subject matter.

Here is the clip I viewed. Please show me where he does this, because I couldn't find it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JizTzLVifQU

If you say that is a rare exception, show many any video of his show that is at least 10 minutes where this can be observed.

Post the clips unless you were essentially just making things up.

Old 04-09-2015, 09:04 AM

506 posts, read 426,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

This all began when Bill O'Reilly went off on Brian Williams for stretching the truth about his war reporting, while pretending that he would never do such a thing. It turns out that Bill's truth stretching is far worse than anything ever seen before, as Bill stretched the truth to place himself in places he never was in order to pass as some sort of superhero war reporter that has seen it all. Perhaps Bill has covered four wars with a pen, but he did it from 1,000 of miles away while sitting poolside sipping mimosas in the company of prostitutes.

Everybody knows, except for its the brainwashed viewers that Fox News continually makes things up, hypes unimportant events and conveniently leaves out facts to push their agenda, while pretending to be the news organization with the most integrity the world has ever seen that only cares about being fair and balanced. These revelations about Bill O'Reilly show that he is less of a real character than Colbert created to mock him on a nightly basis and Fox News certainly does not have any interest whatsoever in the things they pretend to care about.

Old 04-09-2015, 04:16 PM

5,621 posts, read 5,933,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, you can't list any lies that would have any significant on voting?

This is about things like him saying a lot of broken concrete was thrown at him over two decades ago and other journalists saying they only remember one piece of concrete that smashed a camera?

We all know what this really is. It's "payback" for Brian Williams criticism. The one thing you need to remember is that Brian Williams is a news anchor billed as a journalist while O'Reilly is a commentator, an entertainer. You really can't see the difference?

You don't think lying about poverty rates affects votes? You don't think lying about issues pertaining to the Iraq War affects votes? You don't think lying about marriage issues or tax rates affects voters?

I never made an issue about O'Reilly's role as a commentator or as a journalist. Simply that he does influence voters. Lots of people can influence voters. Children often follow their parents' beliefs so that influences voters. Some teachers reveal their own beliefs and influence students. Much to my disdain, celebrities can influence voters. Just because someone is NOT considered a credible journalist as a news anchor does not mean they won't influence voters. A couple years ago OReilly led viewership of all cable news programs. That's a lot of influence. Here's recent data. Still at the top. Besides, news programs are where people hear the daily news. Commentators are where people find out what to think about the news.

Old 04-09-2015, 05:05 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,891,632 times
Haven't his lies filled several books by now?

Old 04-09-2015, 05:33 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,472,094 times
He who has never told a lie, raise his hand.

Old 04-09-2015, 09:19 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,091,366 times
I'm shocked...an ego-centric blowhard exaggerated events...

Old 04-09-2015, 10:23 PM

386 posts, read 327,198 times
Are journalists entertainers or do they report facts and events that are truthful?
How many people know that the USA government lied along with the media about the North Vietnamese attacking a USA navy ship in the Gulf of Tonkin?
We lost 58,000 troops because of a f--king lie. That is a lot of soldiers.
The USA politicians, bankers, and the media lied so they could profit from a war that never should have happened.
Should we believe anything since this ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events