Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 05:59 AM

66 posts, read 73,291 times

Advertisements

A 350-pound British woman claims it’s not her fault she’s morbidly obese — it’s because the government doesn’t give her enough money.
350-Pound Woman on Welfare: I’m Obese Because I Don’t Get Enough Government Money | Top Right News
Christina Briggs, 26, of Wigan, England, claims she can only eat fattening junk food — a whole lot of it — because healthier food is just too expensive for her “limited” welfare benefits, according to an interview in The Daily Mail.
My neighbor looks like this girl and i'm sure that he is recipient too, because i never saw him not inside his backyard... What do you think guys? I think that this article show to us that not only really poor people are receiving social benefits and some of them can find a job and be more healthy, but this is only problem of their laziness!
What should our government do with that?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2015, 06:55 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,752,567 times
She is obese because she is a glutton. If she was given healthy food instead of buying junk she would complain.

Old 04-10-2015, 07:28 AM

387 posts, read 589,106 times
fat people. can't live with them. can't get them to lose weight.

Old 04-10-2015, 07:44 AM

29,513 posts, read 22,636,772 times
How did I know this was in England before even clicking on this thread?

Old 04-10-2015, 09:12 AM

5,182 posts, read 5,248,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Shame on me, I guess cuz I thought it was Baltimore, Detroit, South Central LA, a number of Jersey cities, or a few other US perpetual dependency/entitlement locales I can think of.

Old 04-10-2015, 10:22 AM

4,135 posts, read 2,837,584 times
Quote:

I'm sure a few people clicked on this thread expecting something completely different, then quietly backed out, haha.

Old 04-10-2015, 10:28 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
I expected it would be.

the UK welfare system makes ours look pretty good in comparison.

Old 04-10-2015, 10:32 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,766,907 times
Quote:
Really? I thought it was going to be a U.S. black woman with about eight kids from at least four different men who aren't around any more. That should be good for about 35 pages or so. This one won't get past 2.

Old 04-10-2015, 10:39 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,348,018 times
I don't even need to click on the link to know what kind of person she is.... <sneer>

Old 04-10-2015, 11:01 AM

10,078 posts, read 15,853,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
Shame on me, I guess cuz I thought it was Baltimore, Detroit, South Central LA, a number of Jersey cities, or a few other US perpetual dependency/entitlement locales I can think of.
Or Appalachia, the Bible Belt, the Rust Belt...

Government dependency is certainly not limited to minority-heavy urban neighborhoods. I think a lot of "real Americans" (aka 'Muricans) would be shocked to learn just how many of their boot-strappin', Republican-voting, Fox News watching compatriots are also in on the government take. Of course, they deserve the welfare and assistance they are receiving to get through a tough time, while "those people" are just living it up on our dime.

Oh but this chick is disgusting and stupid. I think that sentiment crosses all party lines and I think even Nancy Pelosi would say kick this broad off of welfare. She's like that lobster guy in San Diego that did a story for Fox News about his food stamp and welfare abuse (so his stupid bum-rock band could get some publicity - I don't think 70 year old retirees in Wisconsin are your target audience buddy). These people give the anecdotal fuel to conservative's austerity fire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events