Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 04:46 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
In this case, its not the system, but the Judge who is flawed. Everyone did their job up to that point. The mistake was to put trust in the Judge to do the right thing. He is the "ONLY" one to blame here.
Why is the prosecutor let off the hook ? He should not have agreed to a deal with mere probation as a possible sentence.

Was the evidence so weak and his schedule so busy that he wouldn't go to trial on a more serious charge. Unless the actual crime he committed also includes probation, imo he shouldn't have 'trusted' any judge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2015, 05:06 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,938,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post

You really believe that everything negative said about a black person leads to claims of racism and/or riots???
Well if you watch the news and all that then YES.....

Old 04-15-2015, 05:08 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,891,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Another judge that needs a new job.

Outrage! Judge hammers white victims of armed home invasion for racism, lets criminal go free - BizPac Review

"Outrage is growing over a Kentucky judge who let a home invader who robbed a family at gunpoint off with probation after openly criticizing the victims for letting their child be afraid of black men because of the crime.

Judge Olu Stevens of the Jefferson Circuit Court appeared even more offended by the victim impact statements offered by the family who was robbed than he was by the fact that a crime had been committed at all."

Another reason to be armed at home.

Old 04-15-2015, 05:20 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,938,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post

You really believe that everything negative said about a black person leads to claims of racism and/or riots???
Yes I do....

Old 04-15-2015, 06:14 PM

573 posts, read 585,667 times
It took me about 15 minutes after reading this story to calm down. All I could picture is if how I was that poor family, I'd take that judge and kill him in the slowest most agonizing way for being such a huge piece of ****. The pc Nazi's are getting so bold, that now they are not even trying to hide their racist agenda. At minimum this judge should be removed, and the sentencing trial a mistrial and the criminal re-sentenced. This CAN NOT be allowed in a first world country, or any country for that matter.

Old 04-15-2015, 07:57 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,161,809 times
For whatever it's worth:
Quote:
Stevens, Reynolds and Williams set diversity record for Kentucky

FRANKFORT, Ky.—Governor Steve Beshear announced today the appointment of three outstanding public servants, Olu Stevens, Sadiqua Reynolds and Erica Lee Williams, to fill judicial vacancies in Jefferson County.

Olu Stevens has been appointed Circuit Judge of the 30th Judicial Circuit, Division 6. The immediate past-president of the Louisville Bar Association, Stevens currently practices with the firm of Stoll Keenon Ogden. He has gained national recognition for his outstanding work, receiving the American Bar Association General Practice Link Bar Leader of the Year Award in 2001. He is the first and only Kentucky lawyer ever to receive the award. A well-known community leader, Stevens was named to the Business First Forty under 40 in 1999 and Louisville Magazine’s 24 future leaders to watch in 2003. He is a frequent lecturer on ethics, professionalism and various areas of legal practice. He received his B.A. from Morehouse College in Atlanta, Ga. and his J.D. from George Washington Law School in Washington, D.C. His appointment replaces the Honorable Martin F. McDonald, who resigned. Kentucky.gov: - Press Release

Old 04-15-2015, 08:18 PM

6,422 posts, read 7,665,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveswater_outdoors View Post
It took me about 15 minutes after reading this story to calm down. All I could picture is if how I was that poor family, I'd take that judge and kill him in the slowest most agonizing way for being such a huge piece of ****. The pc Nazi's are getting so bold, that now they are not even trying to hide their racist agenda. At minimum this judge should be removed, and the sentencing trial a mistrial and the criminal re-sentenced. This CAN NOT be allowed in a first world country, or any country for that matter.
The emporor in the White House wouldn't like that.

Don't you just love what affirmative action has done to America?

Old 04-15-2015, 08:28 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,147,805 times
It's very impressive. His parents and family must have been very proud of him in 2009. Obviously, the State of Kentucky was rather proud of him as well back then. He was a good role model for anyone seeking a career in the Judiciary.

So, what happened to make him go off on the victims - and their obviously 'racist' 3 year old?

Honestly - the first thing I thought after watching the video a couple of times just to make sure I was following it properly was - "What the hell is this man thinking?? Is this even real??"

The major emotional effects on victims are fear which is associated with the loss of their sense of security. This becomes worse when the victims were at home during the burglary, and they experienced being physically threatened or actually harmed by the burglars or home invaders. Most victims have confessed that this fear, even with the help of psychological therapy and counseling, does not easily fade away. Instead, the fear increased over time.

They have experienced the disregard and total violation of their primary rights of security and safety. What was just then a small probability has become their lives’ harsh reality. They feel very vulnerable and become fearful of the possibility of being re-victimized. This is understandable since every one of us see the inside of our homes as the only place where we can feel complete safety and protection, and feel comfortable letting down our guards. So when they are violated inside their very homes, it would be difficult for them to feel the sense of inviolability anywhere else. They would usually experience sleepless nights and days and extreme anxiety. For some, they remain at a higher-than-average heightened sense of alertness that persists throughout the rest of their lives.

Has he risen so very high that he is now out-of-touch with reality? Surely, this judge has a home too.

Old 04-15-2015, 09:38 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,570,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Why is the prosecutor let off the hook ? He should not have agreed to a deal with mere probation as a possible sentence.

Was the evidence so weak and his schedule so busy that he wouldn't go to trial on a more serious charge. Unless the actual crime he committed also includes probation, imo he shouldn't have 'trusted' any judge.
The evidence is not in question, since the accused pleaded Guilty. And the Prosecution is never that busy, where they can't prosecute and Armed Criminal Act, that endangers life. The truth is, most Prosecutors offices are more interested in convictions and rely too much on the System working as it normally does, with nothing unusual injected. I would be pretty sure they expected a stiffer sentence out of the Judges guidelines for that crime, and got blindsided by the Probation. They got Lazy and careless after they got their Guilty Plea. They aren't off the hook at all. They screw up more than you might think. I have a very close family member in the Court System, and there are many times the Criminal gets off, because they didn't do their jobs right.

In fact, they should not have offered a Plea Deal on a case as serious as this one, where lives had been endangered, so they hold a lot of responsibility in paying more attention to maintain their conviction rate than seeking Justice. All that said, it was ultimately still the Judge, who had the option and the duty to dispense proportional Justice, who failed in his duty. I am sure no one expected a "Racist" Judge to go that far out of bounds, knowing what backlash would follow.

Old 04-15-2015, 09:46 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,570,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
The emporor in the White House wouldn't like that.

Don't you just love what affirmative action has done to America?

Why don't you start a "Bashing" thread for Obama someplace. This has nothing to do with him, or any Political Party. Its a good thread, discussing current events, that don't Include the White House. Please respect that. Thank You...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events