Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 01:40 PM

1,588 posts, read 2,531,261 times

Advertisements

I can't find a second source for this story. I call shenanigans.... bizpac?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 01:45 PM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAMG View Post
Your search skills are severely lacking. This story is very easily found with any related terms. Try harder.

Old 04-14-2015, 01:50 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,570,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The article linked in the op, and others, describe the prosecutors' office as outraged, furious, with Both the probation And the judge's comments blaming the victims.

This, for better or worse, is on the joke of a judge.

I think the prosecutor has some explaining to do. Why would he agree to a charge that potentially carries probation rather than a minimum mandatory sentence.
Must be a real screwed up Justice system there, or the whole story is not being told. In this State, the victim has to agree, if a plea deal is offered to the Criminal, or can petition the Court of Appeals. Pretty well everyone, including the Judge, must agree, so this sounds really weird. I am very familiar with a Court System, and have never heard of a crime that involves all these possible charges, go unpunished with nothing more than probation. There are at least a dozen serious crimes involved, from Kidnapping (holding the family hostage against their will) to using a firearm in commission of a felony Robbery. Not including the rest of what could have been filed, like Terroristic Threatening, Breaking and entering, Robbery, and so on.

"If" we are getting the whole story, chances being we aren't, there is no way "Probation" would have been even considered as a "Minimum" sentence. Not anywhere around here, anyway.

Old 04-14-2015, 02:09 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAMG View Post
your google skills are abominable.
Judge slams victims for tot's 'black men' fear

Old 04-14-2015, 02:22 PM

506 posts, read 426,583 times
The judge did this racist family a giant favor by releasing the home invaders, because they can now track the home invaders down and slit their throats for pointing a gun at their toddler. I think everybody would give the racist family a free pass in this case and they would probably find several people willing to help them out.

Old 04-14-2015, 02:30 PM

24,476 posts, read 17,220,223 times
Why wouldn't the toddler be scared of black people after having a gun pointed at his mom and dad in a home invasion? It had to be a very scary situation for any victim. I wonder how the judge would react if it happened to his family?

Point is if it was a white guy with a hood on the kid would be afraid of guys in hoods. If it was another white guy with a clown mask on the kid would probably be scared of clowns.

I'm sure when as the kid grows up he will learn that not all black people are bad, not all white people are good but most clowns are actually evil.

Old 04-14-2015, 02:36 PM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrasshat View Post
The judge did this racist family a giant favor by releasing the home invaders, because they can now track the home invaders down and slit their throats for pointing a gun at their toddler. I think everybody would give the racist family a free pass in this case and they would probably find several people willing to help them out.

What a disturbingly vivid imagination you have.

Old 04-14-2015, 02:39 PM

17,156 posts, read 15,373,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Why wouldn't the toddler be scared of black people after having a gun pointed at his mom and dad in a home invasion? It had to be a very scary situation for any victim. I wonder how the judge would react if it happened to his family?

Point is if it was a white guy with a hood on the kid would be afraid of guys in hoods. If it was another white guy with a clown mask on the kid would probably be scared of clowns.

I'm sure when as the kid grows up he will learn that not all black people are bad, not all white people are good but most clowns are actually evil.
Right. Notice: White guy with hood. White guy with clown mask.
I'm sure these black guys weren't your regular, average-joe, button-up clean cut black guys.

Depending on the toddler's experience, if he's been regularly exposed to good, friendly, well-to-do blacks, he shouldn't fear ALL BLACKS, but rather a select group of blacks. Right? (Just going by your example on whites in hoodies/masks)
I'm not a 3 year old toddler, so I can't speak for one.

Old 04-14-2015, 02:39 PM

506 posts, read 426,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
What a disturbingly vivid imagination you have.
Commendation

Old 04-14-2015, 02:42 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,137,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Another judge that needs a new job.

Outrage! Judge hammers white victims of armed home invasion for racism, lets criminal go free - BizPac Review

"Outrage is growing over a Kentucky judge who let a home invader who robbed a family at gunpoint off with probation after openly criticizing the victims for letting their child be afraid of black men because of the crime.

Judge Olu Stevens of the Jefferson Circuit Court appeared even more offended by the victim impact statements offered by the family who was robbed than he was by the fact that a crime had been committed at all."
Are you KIDDING me?

Now that the criminals are set loose, that family will have even MORE reason to fear anyone who even remotely resembles them. Excellent work, Your Honor!

My god. That judge must've had a real big bowl of stupid for breakfast that day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events