Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 04:30 PM

30,766 posts, read 18,486,622 times

Advertisements

Disgusting. People who put others down because they are of "lower status" than them are among the worst of the worst.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 05:57 PM

18,951 posts, read 43,842,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by siameseifyoupls View Post
Actually, she is quite fortunate the tow truck employee was very reserved. I know of some places like that where somebody would have come out and thrown her butt out of the office when they heard her trash talk. Yeah, you certainly want to take care of customers but you don't have to put up with crap like that!
If I were the clerk I would have called the cops, if that bimbo wanted a scene I would have gave her one.

Old 04-17-2015, 06:05 PM

381 posts, read 645,936 times
I was always taught to be kind to everybody, whether they are a janitor or a CEO. It's never wise to put someone down.

Old 04-17-2015, 06:24 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,114,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

Many of the same guys who come to help you when you are broken down also do towaways as well because that is part of the job.
Repo guys are typically a different breed, but some regular towing guys do it as well. Doing the job professionally and legally does not make them the "scourge of the earth", nor are they stealing anything. Instead they are serving a function that needs to be done in society.

The point is not that she was upset about getting her car towed, instead it was her personally attacking and demeaning the woman who was just doing the job of collecting fees for the service. Not that it would have been ok to say the same thing to the actual person who towed her car, but that would be more understandable.
Also the arrogance she displayed shows she has an underlying narcissistic side which is not that attractive.
As they say, beauty is only skin deep.

`
When I was in my 20's I was "that tow truck guy" who did Private Property tow aways as well as Repo's and regular tows like accidents and such.
Y'all have no idea what people think they can do if you dare to tow their cars that they either A.parked where there was clear signage telling them not to. B.Parked in a pay lot only chose not to pay. C. Parked on someone else's property to avoid paying for parking or because it was convenient for them. D. Parked in a small lot for a restaurant that was clearly posted "for customers only", buy a soda and then take off to shop the area for hours.
Let me give you some idea, I've been shot at,run over,had knives pulled,threatened with murder etc. My favorite was when I was called to an apartment complex that was permit only parking and hooked up to a car that was parked at a red curb with no permit. I start to pull out and was stopped by a screaming lady who turned out to be a big time TV news anchor in San Jose,CA.
The video of that ESPN reporter is NOTHING compared to what that lady said to me and nothing compared to what the cops threatened me with when she called them on me. Seems they were more scared of her than I was...
I feel badly for the tow truck employee and wish people would just look where they park and take responsibility for where they choose to leave their cars.
Man, I could fill a book with what we went through, from one of my high school teachers to a mayor (now Senator) who thought they were "oh so special".
Let me end this with a true story... Once we actually towed an armored car that was illegally parked, boy did that cause an uproar!

Old 04-17-2015, 07:22 PM

8,922 posts, read 5,663,330 times
Where's decency? Did this snotty sports reader ever think of anyone but herself? Has she ever interacted with people who aren't beautiful like she THINKS she is? This young lady needs to learn a few life lessons. I would fire her as these young lady's are a dime a dozen. Some aren't as convinced that they are all that. Who does she think she is by insulting and making fun of someone's looks? Maybe it's time for her to find a real job. Not eye candy for a sports show....

Old 04-17-2015, 08:50 PM

309 posts, read 370,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Didn't know berating someone outside of a job is worthy of suspension, but what an idiot reporter full of herself.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/espn-r...213500624.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5JesKdZJ2Y
I feel if one has a public job, they should be a bit more concerned about their image.

And, that wasn't just a slip of the tongue... it certainly did show what this woman looks like on the inside.

An argument has people trying to prove they're right, or the other is wrong, on an issue. All this woman did was hurl one personal insult after another.

Wonder why her car was towed in the first place...

Old 04-17-2015, 09:24 PM

7,584 posts, read 5,360,561 times
The worst form of class bigotry.

Old 04-17-2015, 11:24 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,200,439 times
I have never seen this woman on ESPN so I guess when she was on I was either in the bathroom or the kitchen

Old 04-17-2015, 11:37 PM

4,257 posts, read 4,513,158 times
**Opportunity here for a new reality show in our Roman Empire like days of bread and circuses**

Seek out these types of people behaving badly confrontations and then have them square off in wrestling match for money on TV. Who doesn't want to see some entitled TV 'news reporter' wrestled by ms. average clerk (whose probably barely hanging on to a job) take out her frustration on some likely pampered privilege bimbo in a grudge match where some skin (likely the bimbo) is going to be exposed?

I'm thinking a large portion of the male viewers would watch along with the marginalized female population. It's got to be good for ratings, much like those who like train wrecks / auto crashes etc...

Or has there already been a show such as this that I am not aware of since I don't watch that much mainstream TV?

Old 04-17-2015, 11:37 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,072,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
D. Parked in a small lot for a restaurant that was clearly posted "for customers only", buy a soda and then take off to shop the area for hours.
Thats an illegal tow. If the sign says for customers, and they buy something, then they are a customer. They should be able to park there. If the restaurant doesn't like it, then they should put a time limit on it or something. If it were up to me you would go to prison for grand theft auto for towing a car under those circumstances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events