Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2015, 06:10 AM

2,062 posts, read 2,547,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabber_wocky View Post
I feel strongly against it. I believe a vaccine hurt my daughter because it contained Thimerosal which is a form of mercury ,and as a baby she was too young to absorb it safely. I wish I had at least waited to give it to her when she was 2 or 3 instead of around 15 months so she would have been stronger and able to fight the poison . Parents need to be very careful about what ingredients are in the vaccines.

I noticed she stopped talking, started walking on tip toe and had anger issues. She was in special classes in school and had learning disabilitiies. She has grown into a wonderful young adult but I do believe the vaccine harmed her .

Old 06-28-2015, 07:22 AM

1,296 posts, read 1,120,393 times
baaaaa....baaaaaaaaa...............baaaaaaaa...... ............baaaaa............

Old 06-28-2015, 07:24 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,292,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
I feel strongly against it. I believe a vaccine hurt my daughter because it contained Thimerosal which is a form of mercury ,and as a baby she was too young to absorb it safely. I wish I had at least waited to give it to her when she was 2 or 3 instead of around 15 months so she would have been stronger and able to fight the poison . Parents need to be very careful about what ingredients are in the vaccines.

I noticed she stopped talking, started walking on tip toe and had anger issues. She was in special classes in school and had learning disabilitiies. She has grown into a wonderful young adult but I do believe the vaccine harmed her .
Thimersol has not been present in any childhood vaccines since 2001. Therefore, this can't be used as a justification by parents not to vaccinate their children today.

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/Concerns/thimerosal/

The truth is that before 2001, there was never any proof produced that the trace amount of mercury in vaccines was causing any health issues either.

Yet, we'll still hear ignorant people try to claim there is mercury in vaccines. Go figure.....

Old 06-28-2015, 01:35 PM

10,225 posts, read 6,311,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Thimersol has not been present in any childhood vaccines since 2001. Therefore, this can't be used as a justification by parents not to vaccinate their children today.

CDC - Thimerosal - Vaccine Safety

The truth is that before 2001, there was never any proof produced that the trace amount of mercury in vaccines was causing any health issues either.

Yet, we'll still hear ignorant people try to claim there is mercury in vaccines. Go figure.....
http://www.publix.com/-/media/docume...onsent-fl.ashx

Really?????? Allergic to cleaning products? You haven't lived until you have had HIVES on your EYELIDS from chlorinated water. What would be the INTERNAL, not skin, reaction to this? What do you think "cleaning products" are?????? Mercury based. All GONE today????

Thank Suzy _Q for enlightening me, and posting this consent form (WHY consent???), a long time ago. I guess she was not thinking when she originally posted this Publix Flu Consent form. Why do they ever REQUIRE consent forms?????? So you cannot SUE them if you have an allergic reaction.

Old 06-28-2015, 07:18 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,711,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post

What vaccine are you talking about? If you're referring to MMR, there never was any thimerosal in it.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:04 PM

1,170 posts, read 1,022,939 times
I got pregnant shortly after going to Jamaica. So we should ban trips to Jamaica. They clearly make people pregnant.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:17 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
http://www.publix.com/-/media/docume...onsent-fl.ashx

Really?????? Allergic to cleaning products? You haven't lived until you have had HIVES on your EYELIDS from chlorinated water. What would be the INTERNAL, not skin, reaction to this? What do you think "cleaning products" are?????? Mercury based. All GONE today????

Thank Suzy _Q for enlightening me, and posting this consent form (WHY consent???), a long time ago. I guess she was not thinking when she originally posted this Publix Flu Consent form. Why do they ever REQUIRE consent forms?????? So you cannot SUE them if you have an allergic reaction.
Consent forms are used so that the person receiving the vaccine cannot claim he was not told about the risks of taking it. It is the same as the process used when discussing a surgical procedure.

You could sue over an allergic reaction but you would be unlikely to win your case. An allergic reaction can happen to any drug, and it is not due to a defect in the product.

The consent form specifically asks about allergy to thimerosal, which has been used as a preservative in contact lens solutions and other household products. It also asks about other allergies. Thimerosal is used in multidose vials of flu vaccine, but you can get the single dose vaccine with no thimerosal at all.

Places you may find mercury in the home:

Mercury in Home Products

The most toxic product would be a can of tuna.

Where you will not find mercury is in children's vaccines. It's not there. That's why the continued harping on mercury by those against vaccines is asinine. The amount of thimerosal in vaccines was never harmful, but it was removed because of the anti-vax hysteria and manufactured controversy over it.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:08 PM

1,314 posts, read 2,053,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
I got pregnant shortly after going to Jamaica. So we should ban trips to Jamaica. They clearly make people pregnant.
I actually believe this one.

Old 06-29-2015, 09:34 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,711,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
I got pregnant on a trip to Wyoming, and again on a trip to Texas! Maybe it's travel that makes people pregnant.

Old 06-29-2015, 10:57 AM

1,170 posts, read 1,022,939 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
I got pregnant on a trip to Wyoming, and again on a trip to Texas! Maybe it's travel that makes people pregnant.
Clearly travel is a risk that we cannot accept

All joking aside, these anecdotal "risks" that anti-vaxxers toss out need to be challenged. To blame a vaccine for a link to an illness that has NEVER BEEN PROVEN IN ANY REPUTABLE STUDY is creating the very risk this legislation is addressing.

It's important to challenge these myths each time so that those on the fence about vaccinating don't put their kids at known risk of childhood illness based on made up risks about vaccines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events