Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2015, 12:47 PM

10,228 posts, read 6,311,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Actually, the constitution protects the constitutional rights of everyone, whether they are in the majority or the minority.
INFRINGE upon the rights of the majority. OT to talk about how the majority tried to infringe upon the rights of the minority in the past, and actually even until 6/26/2015.

Old 07-14-2015, 12:48 PM

532 posts, read 1,392,067 times
Thank God, Jim Carrey has weighed in against vaccinating kids. I was afraid we'd have to rely on all those stupid old doctors and scientists. And until one of those so-called "real doctors" gets a million dollars to show her vagina, I'll keep taking my medical advice from Jenny McCarthy.

Old 07-14-2015, 12:48 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,704,934 times
markg, where are you? When you show up, please educate Jo on constitutional rights.

Old 07-14-2015, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Also, the bill includes "...any person as a pupil of any public or private elementary or secondary school, child care center, day nursery, nursery school, family day care home, or development center..."
Bill Text - SB-277 Public health: vaccinations.

Also, it is unclear if all homeschool students are exempt.
Current Bills & Alerts | California Homeschool Network
How in the world could they ever enforce this in home school? Police and nurse with a warrant to enter and vaccinate? lol

I am sure the health professionals, and paranoid people, would LOVE this.

Old 07-14-2015, 12:54 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,598,532 times
Quote:

The bold is garbage. Do you think there's a government agent in every doctor's office, checking to see if they're following the CDC recommendations, which are just that, recommendations?

My computer has a security problem with your vids. Funny!

The bold is not garbage and it's discussed by the lawyer at the hearing. Your computer won't let you watch youtube now? What's funny about a computer problem? Maybe the fact that you don't care to hear any news contrary to what you believe any way? Nothing I can do about that, but don't bother replying to my videos of lawyers, nurses and doctors if you don't watch them. No need, as it won't make any sense to me.

The medical exemptions have to fall along the lines of the CDC's accepted criteria, I'm surprised you don't know this. There are many doctors in the state of California that work specifically with children and compromised immune systems and sensitivity disorders, spectrum disorders. Some general pediatricians work with altering schedules for sensitive children. (those who have seizures, and tremors, allergies). These doctors specifically have concerns. I imagine with the new law, procedures and careful recording of every incident will start to evolve. The relationship with your doctors will change to more of a legal one instead of a personal one of trust and understanding that they have your best interest in mind.

"Doctors like myself can certainly consult with such families, yet there are only a few like me. State-wide, families across CA don't have such access.

2. But there's another side to this, a side which is even MORE significant. It is those children who suffer a moderately severe reaction to vaccines (as opposed to the extremely severe ones discussed above), and the parents don't want to proceed, yet the doctor does not believe the reaction was severe enough. These reactions are NOT uncommon. I see them almost every month in my office. Reactions such as brief seizures or tremors, high fever for several days with either lethargy or extreme irritability, poor feeding and extreme sleepiness, sudden onset of severe eczema, sudden symptoms of inflammatory bowel disease, and others. Some parents describe how their infant seems to "shut down" for several days to a week after vaccines. These kids do recover, fortunately, yet the decision then has to be made whether or not to proceed with the next round of shots two months later.

And this is the second crux of what I would ask you to understand. Pediatricians simply won't give medical exemptions for these reactions. That is because the medical community at large believes so firmly that all vaccines are critical and must be given no matter what. And the only exception is a prior severe, life-threatening reaction (or severe immune compromise due to cancer or chemotherapy).

I might grant exemptions on a case by case basis after careful consideration of all the implications, but those doctors like me are only a few. We can't serve the whole state.

I remember one of the Senators making a statement to this end in Wednesday's hearing. He said patients can seek out doctors like me and get an exemption. Well, doctors like me have to be careful with our licenses. And we have to be honest. And since we don't witness the actual reaction when new patients come to us for this second opinion, we have to go simply based on the parent's story. Can I also share that virtually no doctors write down such reactions in their medical records, so we can't even review those to get to the truth.

Dr. Pan stated in the hearing that he would expect doctors to only give appropriate exemptions. In other words, only exempt those kids who had an extremely severe, life-threatening reaction. Those with moderately severe reactions that were not life-threatening would not be exempt."

I have no doubt in my mind you will find a reason to not like this doctor, or any other which disagrees with you. But, at least know what you are discussing. It get's tiring when you post on information you didn't read or watch. Just skip my threads.

Old 07-14-2015, 12:55 PM

1,875 posts, read 1,325,951 times
to all those who love vaccines... two questions

1) why do they put Mercury in every single vaccine?

2) why has no disease been cured since Polio?

Old 07-14-2015, 12:55 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,464,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
That's exactly what's happening.

The minority of kids who have parents who choose to ignore all of the data proving vaccines prevent life threatening illnesses, and who choose to avoid vaccinations due to misplaced "health concerns' "need to have parents deal with their unique situation".

Love it

It's tough when a vocal uninformed minority can't control the government.
They do have parents that "dealt" with "their unique situation"....they made the choice to not vaccinate for whatever reason(s) that *gasp*, you and others and science and the skies and stars might not agree with. I feel it's none of gov's or your business what they do no matter how much you want to get into busy body/control mode in other peoples lives. Again, keeping in mind, the vast majority of kids are already getting vaccines in CA before this law and the vast majority of the "unlighted parents" who decide not to vaccinate will coat tail with herd immunity on the "enlightened ones" who got the vaccines. And given science says vaccines are very effective, you seem to want control for controls sake.

As for your last statement, I'd rephrase it for another view.....it's tough when the gov has to get into busy body mode and try to control individual choice when the vast majority of kids are already protected.

Old 07-14-2015, 12:58 PM

Quote:
markg, where are you? When you show up, please educate Jo on constitutional rights.
I am not going further with this and getting OT. Please do not cite me 1918 Jacobson either. There is no PANDEMIC of anything right now to force vaccinations by the Federal Government, as your "comrade" has said.

Old 07-14-2015, 12:59 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,598,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly4u View Post
There is NO controversy as far as vaccines.
If you don't want to get a disease, you get vaccinated.
Pure and simple.
I think the controversy is there for parents who vaccinate for this very reason but their child has a severe reaction and are now in a wheel chair. They are a bit hesitant to continue with the mandated schedule. Their perspectives have changed.

Old 07-14-2015, 01:00 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,733,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post
to all those who love vaccines... two questions

1) why do they put Mercury in every single vaccine?

2) why has no disease been cured since Polio?
I'm not gung ho about vaccines by any means but #1 is not true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events