Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2015, 10:43 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,524,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The evidence is summarized here, with 276 references.

The causal relation between human papillomavirus and cervical cancer
The problem is that there are cervical cancer diagnoses without HPV involvement. Molecular Cytogenetics | Full text | Individual karyotypes at the origins of cervical carcinomas

An HPV vaccine doesn't prevent cancer and even the vaccine manufacturers don't claim it will. The HPV vaccine is all risk with no benefit.

Old 08-19-2015, 11:14 AM

1,170 posts, read 1,023,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
The problem is that there are cervical cancer diagnoses without HPV involvement. Molecular Cytogenetics | Full text | Individual karyotypes at the origins of cervical carcinomas

An HPV vaccine doesn't prevent cancer and even the vaccine manufacturers don't claim it will. The HPV vaccine is all risk with no benefit.
Well if katonjj says the science is wrong then that's way more valid than the hundreds of studies.

We get it, you don't like vaccines. Do the thread a favour and don't make science up to support irrationality. You asked for studies, you got them. Now you're plugging your ears, stamping your feet and yelling "I can't hear you".

This is merely another distraction from the proven safety and efficacy of vaccines "if it doesn't prevent EVERYTHING or last forever we shouldn't use it". Basic logic establishes that something (like preventing cancer in some cases) is better than nothing.

Old 08-19-2015, 11:43 AM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post

That is a bit like saying because some lung cancers are not caused by smoking that no lung cancers are caused by smoking.

Had you actually read the article I linked to (which is highly technical and requires an understanding of basic science, infectious diseases, genetics, and statistics) you would know that the author actually addressed the cancers for which HPV could not be confirmed as a cause. I know it is hard reading, but you might want to try again. From the previous link:

"In the past decade there has not been a hypothesis supported by sound epidemiological or biological data indicating that the aetiology of cervical cancer could be independent of HPV."

The article that you linked to actually shows how the DNA of HPV is incorporated into the host's cells and codes for cancer. It was not a good one to use to prove your point that HPV does not cause cancer, which is wrong.

HPV vaccines are close to 100% effective in preventing infection with the carcinogenic strains in the vaccine. The connection between HPV and cancer is well established. By preventing HPV infections, cancers will be prevented. We can already see the effects in that direction, because HPV vaccines are preventing cervical precancers, and we know that every cervical cancer goes through the precancerous stages first - which is the whole basis for doing Pap smears. If cancers did not go through the precancerous phase first, Pap smears would not be able to find patients who are already growing future cancers.

Old 08-19-2015, 11:50 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,829,556 times
But they may leave you open to other things DOWN THE ROAD!!!!!!!

VACCINES ARE ONLY GOOD FOR SHORT TERM GAIN...... Long term is not reliable!!

Old 08-19-2015, 12:07 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post

Perhaps you have some evidence to support your opinion? Real, scientific evidence, peer reviewed and published?

Old 08-19-2015, 12:25 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,685,376 times
Quote:

Great point, which is why polio and smallpox are still popping up all over the place in the U.S......

Oh wait, no they aren't and your caps lock overloaded post only signifies the typical unhinged mentality that is becoming a trademark of the anti-vaxx fringe. Who cares about being right or even making a sound, coherent point, just be LOUD and everything will be okay.

Old 08-19-2015, 12:50 PM

7,027 posts, read 4,890,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
Oh what's this:

"The problem isn’t confined to the groovier bastions of Marin County and San Francisco, either; Silicon Valley is part of it too (see “The Sickeningly Low Vaccination Rates at Silicon Valley Day Cares” and its follow-up in Wired this year). The very geeks we as a culture lionize for their analytical gifts now stand at the vanguard of a plainly irrational movement that threatens to jeopardize public health."

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/23/bo...silberman.html

Those ignorant slopeheads in the Bay Area.
Ah, I know there are a lot of entitled idiots in the Bay Area, but not all of them are like that. I lived there for 25 years and believe me, I fight for vaccination all the way.

Quote:

Which is why you should be an intelligent and reliable adult and get your boosters. Kind of like how a smart person gets a regular dental checkup every year or two.

Old 08-19-2015, 01:49 PM

10,225 posts, read 6,312,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
If your daughter doesn't want to be injected during pregnancy, then let's hope she steers clear from unvaccinated children who may be harboring measles or rubella. Or she might not have a pregnancy to worry about. As far as I know, there aren't any laws at all against trying for a miscarriage, but an abortion would be safer.

Why answer? We've explained this one over and over and over and over, but just like the science and biology we've shown you, you obviously aren't getting it.

If you aren't sure you had whooping cough, then you didn't have it. Something as serious as whooping cough in an adult would send you to the ER. Unless you were trying to commit suicide. Yeah, but thanks anyway for being selfish and inconsiderate by going out in public to get everyone else sick. Real big of you.

Buh-bye!

By the way, is that a promise?
Hardly. Not only did US Congressman Curbelo not know he had whooping cough, his DOCTOR didn't know either for a few weeks. The symptoms of whooping cough in an adult are not as severe as an infant with it. They would not be running to the ER! lol Could be a lot of adults walking around with a cough who don't know they have whooping cough. It does go away if left untreated in an adult. The Congressman had his DPT in childhood but no Tdap as an adult. Unless he had a Tetanus vax since 2005, he would not have gotten the Pertussis element of it. It did not exist before 2005. He isn't in his 20s, so he would not have gotten it in his teens as required now. You are going to have to wait a few generations to that mandatory Pertussis childhood vax to kick in.

Old 08-19-2015, 02:57 PM

7,027 posts, read 4,890,151 times
An elected official and he's so dumb he didn't get his TDaP booster. I got mine in 2012, why couldn't he get his?

And how nice people are walking around giving whooping cough to infants too young to be vaccinated. So considerate of them.

I doubt we'll have to wait that long. Just let a few more babies die of whooping cough and maybe mothers will finally understand why we have vaccines in the first place.

Old 08-19-2015, 03:13 PM

1,170 posts, read 1,023,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Hardly. Not only did US Congressman Curbelo not know he had whooping cough, his DOCTOR didn't know either for a few weeks. The symptoms of whooping cough in an adult are not as severe as an infant with it. They would not be running to the ER! lol Could be a lot of adults walking around with a cough who don't know they have whooping cough. It does go away if left untreated in an adult. The Congressman had his DPT in childhood but no Tdap as an adult. Unless he had a Tetanus vax since 2005, he would not have gotten the Pertussis element of it. It did not exist before 2005. He isn't in his 20s, so he would not have gotten it in his teens as required now. You are going to have to wait a few generations to that mandatory Pertussis childhood vax to kick in.
I don't agree with anything about your "screw everyone else if I get them sick" attitude, but what I really don't understand is why you seem to find children (or adults) getting sick so funny?

I actually care about others, so I really don't want those new grandbabies of your to suffer from your stupidity (passed on to your daughter) but I expect we won't see you on here admitting you're wrong if it happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events