Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2015, 11:09 AM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
She could sign a waiver refusing the mammogram and holding him not responsible if she got cancer. The same as she could do for refusal to be vaccinated. Again, why she would continue seeing that doctor? Find another one, which this woman said she did.
People sign consents and waivers all the time for medical procedures. They still sue, alleging that although they signed a statement that they understood the risks of having or not having the procedure, they really did not understand those adverse events could happen to them personally.

Why would a doctor want to continue to see any patient who did not trust his medical judgement?

Old 07-11-2015, 11:35 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,979,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I was thinking the same. Some people get off on making fun of others who have who have legitimate concerns. They think just because they are in the majority they can be bullies.
Whatever you have to tell yourselves. When you get your doctorate in this stuff come talk to me. In the meantime I think I'll trust the experts - and history - thanks.

Old 07-11-2015, 12:29 PM

10,225 posts, read 6,312,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Whatever you have to tell yourselves. When you get your doctorate in this stuff come talk to me. In the meantime I think I'll trust the experts - and history - thanks.
Dear "Girl", you do not need a doctorate when you are taking a medication and then have ringing in your ears and seeing double, to know SOMETHING is very, very wrong. If you never had these symptoms before you took the medication, try adding one plus one. No doctorate required. Do you really need someone with a medical degree to tell you that this is not normal? If it can happen with other drugs, why not with vaccines for some people? No medication is 100% safe for 100% of the popluation. One size does not fit all. We are not clones of one another who will react precisely in the same way the "majority" does.

Unfortunately, far too many people follow like sheep because "DOCTOR says I must take this". Sheep do not think, they just follow the herd, and where the shepherd leads them.

As Poppysead said, human beings are not CATTLE.

Old 07-11-2015, 01:57 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,735,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
All this talk about liability - individuals and corporations should be held fully liable for the costs and impacts of their decisions.

If only there was a waiver saving taxpayers from the costs of infectious diseases caught by anti-Vaxers. Seems only fair in the context of the completely contrived overstatement of risks of vaccine.
Interesting. Did you know that the corporations that make vaccines are not held financially accountable when there is a serious reaction. Taxpayers foot the bill. And the settlement is always made "without fault" even when there is.

Old 07-11-2015, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeemi View Post
Your example is flawed. "If you clean you room you can go to the movies with your friends."

How about this: if you get a passport, you can vacation abroad. If you get a license, you can drive a car. If you pay your bill, you get water & electricity. We give things for services and privileges all the time. This one is a biggie--I understand that. But it isn't coercion. This isn't a tactic to make reluctant people vaccinate, really. It's a tactic to offer the best possible protections for public school children. If one chooses not to comply there are alternatives, including access to public school--just not physical access. That is the choice.
Access to a public education in the state of California is a right, not a privilege.

Old 07-11-2015, 02:05 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
Interesting. Did you know that the corporations that make vaccines are not held financially accountable when there is a serious reaction. Taxpayers foot the bill. And the settlement is always made "without fault" even when there is.
The compensation fund gets money from a tax on each dose of vaccine sold. That means it is funded by those who receive vaccines - the same people who will be paid if a vaccine does cause an injury.

Vaccines can cause injuries even though there is no fault from the corporations that make them. The injuries happen even though the vaccine is not defective. Suing the vaccine maker would fail.

Old 07-11-2015, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
People sign consents and waivers all the time for medical procedures. They still sue, alleging that although they signed a statement that they understood the risks of having or not having the procedure, they really did not understand those adverse events could happen to them personally.

Why would a doctor want to continue to see any patient who did not trust his medical judgement?
Why would a patient continue to see a doctor who badgers them? Why see them at all? Works both ways, suzy.

Old 07-11-2015, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Access to a public education in the state of California is a right, not a privilege.
It is a Federal Right to a Public Education, not a State Right.

Old 07-11-2015, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The compensation fund gets money from a tax on each dose of vaccine sold. That means it is funded by those who receive vaccines - the same people who will be paid if a vaccine does cause an injury.

Vaccines can cause injuries even though there is no fault from the corporations that make them. The injuries happen even though the vaccine is not defective. Suing the vaccine maker would fail.
The pharmaceutical companies are entirely shielded from taking any responsibility in the event of serious adverse reactions yet we are supposed to blindly trust them. It's shocking that some don't see any sort of problem with that.

Old 07-11-2015, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Why would a patient continue to see a doctor who badgers them? Why see them at all? Works both ways, suzy.

So true. My relationship with my doctor is just that, a relationship. It's not one where my doctor dictates that I must do this or that. I would never see a doctor that does not understand the concept of a doctor/patient relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events