Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2015, 05:30 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,095,465 times

Advertisements

Flu vaccine does not harm the fetus.

Seasonal Flu Vaccine Safety and Pregnant Women | Seasonal Influenza (Flu) | CDC

The fetal death rate did not increase in 2010:

Products - Data Briefs - Number 169 - November 2014

The Goldman study is nonsense. He used VAERS reports, which cannot determine causality, and an online survey which recruited participants through anti-vax web sites to collect data. Then he combined them, did not bother to determine whether he was counting the same case more than once, used questionable statistical analysis, and came up with a worthless conclusion.

H1N1 vaccine and miscarriages: More dumpster diving in the VAERS database – Respectful Insolence

By the way, the baseline rate for miscarriage is about 15% to 20%. A 42.5 times increase in that rate would mean more pregnancies were lost than the total of all pregnancies. From the comments at the link:

[SIZE=4][/SIZE]
1.Your first link is to a CDC web page which references 3 studies, all authored by the same researchers of whom have been the recipients of grant money from Pharmaceutical companies such as Glaxco-SmithKline & Eli-Lily, disguised as a sponsorship by the lobbying powerhouse called American Health Insurance Plans (AHIP).

2. Actually, Goldman never stated that his applied statistical analysis of VAERS data had led to any conclusion (other than indicating the need for further research).
Ironically, statistical analysis of VAERS data is stated as being conclusive of vaccine safety by the CDC in your link. 3 times.

Old 07-11-2015, 05:31 PM

10,225 posts, read 6,311,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojj View Post
There's no controversy here, just idiocy. Its a matter of public health. If you want your kids to go to public school and be around everybody else's kids, get them vaccinated.

If you won't get them vaccinated, home school or send them to a private school that doesn't require the vaccinations - the best ones (academically) DO require the same vaccinations.

You have no idea how bad things could be before we had vaccinations. Child care books of past eras told parents not to name a child until it was at least 5 years old, as chances were you would lose the child to whooping cough, diphtheria, typhus, typhoid fever, measles, mumps, pneumonia, scarlet fever, influenza, smallpox, cholera, polio, tetanus, tuberculosis, rubella, and meningitis. In some areas, malaria and yellow fever as well.

I'm pushing 60 and I got all my shots updated recently. It's the responsible thing to do, both for you and your children.
I am pushing 67. I can contradict everything you say. You are spreading false information and FEAR, because I AM old enough to remember those times. Don't name your child???????? Lose your child to MEASLES?????? They sent kids to Measles (besides Chicken Pox) parties. Went to many a one growing up and called a CHEATER because I had measles as an infant. People need to hear both sides to make up their own minds, and that includes OLD PEOPLE giving their own experiences, even if that does not fit what medical professionals and CDC thinks we should say. Right? Dr. Jenny (young enough to be my daughter), Dr. Mercola and Dr. Wakefield were in diapers when I was in school with all those deathly sick children. I wasn't sick myself because I had them all before I was old enough for school.

My last vaccination, other than traveling to Europe in 1969, was in the the 1950s. Better pass more laws to keep me from entering Kindergarten? Try maybe taking away my Social Security and Medicare if I choose to refuse to lay down and submit to everything the CDC recommends.

Old 07-11-2015, 05:35 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,233,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
There is no mercury in children's vaccines, and flu vaccine is available without mercury. The "vast majority" of flu vaccine is supplied in single dose form without preservative.
Thimerosal in Vaccines

Your linked article states: "Thermosil, which is approximatley 50% Mercury by weight..."
What do you not understand about all those vaccines being totally free of thimerosal? No thimerosal, no mercury.

The single dose forms of flu vaccine are also thimerosal free. Most flu vaccine (about two thirds of the doses provided last year) is the single dose form.

Old 07-11-2015, 05:40 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,704,934 times
I am close behind you in age, Jo48. I never heard of a chickenpox or measles party, let alone attended one in suburban Pittsburgh. DH is the same age as you; his experience in urban Omaha was the same as mine. We both agree that our mothers would have thought the whole concept insane.

People were very afraid of polio in the early 50s. DH had a cousin who died of it then.

Old 07-11-2015, 05:45 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,523,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
I am close behind you in age, Jo48. I never heard of a chickenpox or measles party, let alone attended one in suburban Pittsburgh. DH is the same age as you; his experience in urban Omaha was the same as mine. We both agree that our mothers would have thought the whole concept insane.

People were very afraid of polio in the early 50s. DH had a cousin who died of it then.
I'm in my late 30's and attended a chicken pox party with all my cousins. It was common in my neck of the woods. Also when 1 of my 4 got it, I put them all in the bathtub with some toys!

Anyway, I was looking for another perspective because of all the hype about how vaccinating is for the immune compromised and cancer patients and those too young... Found this article: Don't Vaccinate to Protect My Cancer Kid - The Thinking Moms' Revolution

Could a pro-vax/pro-forced-choice poster please review?

Old 07-11-2015, 06:08 PM

^^Considering 90+% of people got chickenpox and measles, there was certainly no need for these parties. My kids were little in the pre-chickenpox vaccine days. When one kid in the 'hood got it, we all tried to avoid them. There's never a good time for your kid to be sick for a week.

There are no "pro forced vaccine" people on this board.

Old 07-11-2015, 06:14 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,523,686 times
Quote:
^^Considering 90+% of people got chickenpox and measles, there was certainly no need for these parties. My kids were little in the pre-chickenpox vaccine days. When one kid in the 'hood got it, we all tried to avoid them. There's never a good time for your kid to be sick for a week.

There are no "pro forced vaccine" people on this board.
I said "pro-forced-choice" there's a difference. Our parents certainly thought it was necessary... most of the parties were in the summer. I guess they wanted it all over by the time school started.

Old 07-11-2015, 06:16 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,733,915 times
Quote:

I remember chicken pox parties which were not really parties but just parents making sure kids with chicken pox played with their kids who did not have it so that they could catch it.

Old 07-11-2015, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I said "pro-forced-choice" there's a difference. Our parents certainly thought it was necessary... most of the parties were in the summer. I guess they wanted it all over by the time school started.
Forced choice is an oxymoron.

Old 07-11-2015, 06:32 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,322,394 times
Quote:
Forced choice is an oxymoron.
So is Planned Parenthood, when you think about it. Depending, of course, on what you mean by "planned".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events