Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2015, 05:40 PM

18,383 posts, read 19,014,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Compromise as in not all vaccines? Not possible. Move to another state? Really? And this is not coercion or even force? When one choice becomes a burden then you are forced to chose the other. Is that true choice?
unfortunately it is called between a rock and a hard place. you have to make a choice, a compromise. standing by your convictions when they put you out of the "main stream" is very difficult. the choice you make to stand by the conviction or compromise, is where the rubber hits the road.

Old 08-05-2015, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Moving is expensive and not always feasible. I also do not believe that the elimination of exemptions will remain limited to CA, WV or MS.
I think you are right especially if we have another outbreak like Disneyland.

Old 08-05-2015, 05:43 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,738,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I think you are right especially if we have another outbreak like Disneyland.
If we have another outbreak at Disney, (which is not a school) then we will know that the mandates did nothing whatsoever to remedy the so called, "problem".

Old 08-05-2015, 05:45 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,480,867 times
Science FACTS!

Changed Facts - Business Insider

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supers...tific_theories

https://www.newscientist.com/round-u...the-textbooks/

Old 08-05-2015, 05:46 PM

Quote:
If we have another outbreak at Disney, (which is not a school) then we will know that the mandates did nothing whatsoever to remedy the so called, "problem".
or an outbreak at school. or outbreak anywhere.

Old 08-05-2015, 05:49 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,601,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
So you feel laws making murder illegal to be "coercion"?
Laws for a speed limit or stop light to be "coercion"?
Laws against theft to he "coercion"?

Or just laws that you don't like?
Wow, now not vaccinating is akin to murder?

More kids die from getting a ride to school than walking, shall we mandate walking to school? Mandate Ritalin for those with ADHD?
Mandate all stay home until completely free of flu symptoms? Stomach viruses? That would be a lot of missed school but would be safer for those around school with Asthma or other issues that a cold or flu would aggravate.

How far we going to go with mandates? You people act like thousands of kids have been dying of Measles all around you. None have for years. Most people vaccinate. Outbreaks will happen regardless in CA because we have a lot of foreign travelers. Sometimes that's just life.

But what has changed is that vaccine makers are asking for incentives to making vaccines. Well, I guess they got what they paid for after paying the government of CA. Mandated capitalism in a for profit healthcare system. Just wait, it will hit everyone, not just those kids who don't want a shot. You'll get what you ask for soon enough. Adult mandates are just around the bend. I can't wait to see how willing all the adults are to have mandates imposed on them or they can just lose their jobs or get arrested. I think the tone will change soon.

Time will tell. I'll be watching from Arizona.

Old 08-05-2015, 06:02 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,738,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
or an outbreak at school. or outbreak anywhere.
That's all it takes for people to just give up their right to have control over what is put into their bodies. One outbreak with no deaths.

Old 08-05-2015, 06:34 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,601,044 times
Quote:
That's all it takes for people to just give up their right to have control over what is put into their bodies. One outbreak with no deaths.
Hysteria works wonders. It's seems to have caught on for a whole bunch of things lately, garbage can meet freedoms. "I'm so afraid, where can I dump these freedoms?" It's unbelievable. I guess people are a bit complacent on what it's like without them, they forget. Hopefully they study up and remember before it's to late to change it.

Old 08-05-2015, 07:02 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,480,867 times
I wonder if in 50, 100 or 500 years those people will look back on us and laugh that we thought pumping ourselves full of junk would make us immune for diseases...just as we laugh at bloodletting. Bloodletting was the cure that doctors and scientists proclaimed as FACT to the masses!

Scientist used to say that a Brachiosaur was FACT!

Science used to say the universe was a constant.

http://undsci.berkeley.edu/article/0...ienceworks_20y

Old 08-05-2015, 07:21 PM

50,777 posts, read 24,289,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Wow, now not vaccinating is akin to murder?

More kids die from getting a ride to school than walking, shall we mandate walking to school? Mandate Ritalin for those with ADHD?
Mandate all stay home until completely free of flu symptoms? Stomach viruses? That would be a lot of missed school but would be safer for those around school with Asthma or other issues that a cold or flu would aggravate.

How far we going to go with mandates? You people act like thousands of kids have been dying of Measles all around you. None have for years. Most people vaccinate. Outbreaks will happen regardless in CA because we have a lot of foreign travelers. Sometimes that's just life.

But what has changed is that vaccine makers are asking for incentives to making vaccines. Well, I guess they got what they paid for after paying the government of CA. Mandated capitalism in a for profit healthcare system. Just wait, it will hit everyone, not just those kids who don't want a shot. You'll get what you ask for soon enough. Adult mandates are just around the bend. I can't wait to see how willing all the adults are to have mandates imposed on them or they can just lose their jobs or get arrested. I think the tone will change soon.

Time will tell. I'll be watching from Arizona.
I'm talking about following the law, but you know that.

We do mandate which kids can ride a school bus and which cannot. Sometimes its based on distance, sometimes based on whether or not children need to cross a major street. Those are regulations in many school distrincts.

There are over a dozen drugs that help with ADHD, and having worked with many Sped students, I can conceive of requiring a degree of medication prescribed by a doctor to attend public school. HOWEVER, YOU KNOW PERFECTLY WELL THAT WE ARE DISCUSSING DISEASES THAT CAN BE PASSED FROM ONE PERSON TO ANOTHER, SO WHY YOU ARE BRINGING ADHD INTO THE DISCUSSION, I DON'T KNOW, other than the old saying "throw it against the wall and see if anything sticks".

There are rules that schools have about not coming to school while ill and contagious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events