Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 07:30 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Would you live in that neighborhood? There's one thing to have compassion - it's another to believe every sob story the left writes. The businesses they burned may have provided them jobs - the churches they burned provided not only religious teachings and support but youth groups and community services. Forget the good jobs and salaries - Obama already took that away from them with all his illegal immigrant legislation. Will you people please think before you post - because you make my party look as stupid as Republicans think it is.
Please. You say sob story, I say understanding the circumstances under which things happen. Things don't happen in a vacuum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 07:35 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,472,094 times
Oh, yes! Let's support our police for executing people who have lengthy arrest records. Those with more than 12 arrests on their plate should have their spines severed. Those with less than 12 should have between five and ten digits chopped off. The number of digits removed will be at the cops discretion.

To be serious, we don't know what happened to Freddie Gray. I want to though. We should all want to know. I'm waiting for the official report. If it turns out the police didn't something criminal to him in the back of that paddy wagon, they should be arrested and sent to trial.

Old 04-29-2015, 07:38 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
All of us should be horrified to see due process violated, regardless of the guilt or innocence of the person in custody.
I wouldn't go so far as to be horrified, but in a nation of 300 million FREE people, laws are laws....when they are broken, the violators should be dealt with by our court system.

Old 04-29-2015, 07:53 PM

15,526 posts, read 10,496,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeenThomas View Post
This is not thread of "hate" or "discrimination" but this thread is about people who still have common sense, these people will understand that these protests is only to earn money and to loot and murder!
As Baltimore’s destructive #BlackLivesMatter riots continue to rage, some new information has been revealed about the gentleman they’re burning Baltimore down for.

According to the Maryland Department of Justice, Freddie Gray had the 18 documented arrests below, at a minimum:
FREDDY GRAY
And you still think that man with at least 18 arrests and serious traumas who were running from police instead of sitting at home was not guilty?
So? He's afforded Constitutional rights, along with a few other rights. It doesn't matter if he has a record or not. That's totally irrelevant.

Old 04-29-2015, 07:54 PM

49 posts, read 55,125 times
No, it's not a reason to kill the man, of course. Only an idiot would say that. Some of the resentment you're hearing from people here is a result of the fact that the "media" doesn't report the whole story. They like to ignore or minimize facts that are inconvenient and don't fit into their journalistic agenda.

Absolutely no one deserves to be killed, even if a person has a lengthy criminal record. (The courts hand out punishments, not the cops.) However, if you enter the criminal lifestyle, you most certainly open yourself up to the chance that something will go horribly wrong, and certainly at the hands of a bad cop.

The reporting in the Ferguson, Missouri case was utterly abominable. Media outlets reported conjecture as fact. They had no facts; only "eye witness" accounts that a first-year journalistic student would know were suspect.

We keep hearing about the "national conversation on race" we're supposed to have. I think it's a great idea, but such a conversation wouldn't include a rule that you can't say what you and a lot of other people are thinking.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:09 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
All of us should be horrified to see due process violated, regardless of the guilt or innocence of the person in custody.
Well this just hit the news, from the Washington Post. Does this change anything? Maybe waiting until evidence is released before we convict cops or anyone else?

A prisoner sharing a police transport van with Freddie Gray told investigators that he could hear Gray “banging against the walls” of the vehicle and believed that he “was intentionally trying to injure himself,” according to a police document obtained by The Washington Post.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...y.html?hpid=z1

Old 04-29-2015, 08:20 PM

241 posts, read 359,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Well this just hit the news, from the Washington Post. Does this change anything? Maybe waiting until evidence is released before we convict cops or anyone else?

A prisoner sharing a police transport van with Freddie Gray told investigators that he could hear Gray “banging against the walls” of the vehicle and believed that he “was intentionally trying to injure himself,” according to a police document obtained by The Washington Post.

Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was
Even if that is true, that doesn't excuse the fact that they didn't try to get the guy any help.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:22 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,307,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
If it wasn't for the stupid war on drugs, he wouldn't even have a record. He sounds like a guy who had never hurt a person in his life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
While I believe we have become a nation who blames the victim, just more smut to muddy the waters of police brutality, why does he wind up dead?

Sure, his arrests would matter when he is in front of the judge. Seems to me his due process wasn't met since he never got in front of a judge.

Since his spine was 80% severed, his larynx crushed, doesn't police brutality mean a darn thing?

I have posted an article that Freddie Gray did not have neck surgery and he had a right to ride his bike without being profiled.

What did he do to be stopped in the first place. His attorney has stated, this knife he had on him was legal.
Oh please give me a break. If drugs are legalized you think crime will drop? You think black crime will drop? It will be the exact opposite. Why? Because you will be essentially destroying the black market economy that minority's rely on to survive. Bear in mind I am not in support of a black market. But to all those who say making all drugs legal is the be end, end all solution to black crime and alleged police brutality you are all sadly mistaken.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:23 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,224,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post

Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was
So now, while victim blaming, people are going to take another criminals word for things?

LOL, how ridiculous.

I'm sure the "other passenger" isn't trying to get his 15min of fame, that never happens. /sarcasim.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:33 PM

613 posts, read 463,413 times
Yay, more victim blaming!

Wow, I hope whoever made that post finds some peace in his/her life. Typing like that, they can't be a happy person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events