Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2015, 06:22 PM

163 posts, read 125,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
This will have a chilling effect on law enforcement around the country.
Your statement reminds me of predictions about federal authorities taking over (marshall law). In the last month, all these videos have been surfacing showing the cruelty in different cities. If this keeps up, where city after city presents their videos as proof, the time could be ripe for a different law enforcement to take control of things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 06:23 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
The worst part is that they will have no problem finding 12 racist police apologists jurors, who will buy that preposterous story.
Can you at least wait to see if anyone is acquitted before blaming acquittals on racist jurors.

Isn't the van driver a black man ? The racist white jurors will have a real problem ... convict a black cop or let him go because the dead guy is black. A real conundrum.

Old 05-01-2015, 06:24 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Can you at least wait to see if anyone is acquitted before blaming acquittals on racist jurors.

Isn't the van driver a black man ? The racist white jurors will have a real problem ... convict a black cop or let him go because the dead guy is black. A real conundrum.
3 Blacks and 3 Whites.

A UK site posted their pictures.

Cop charged with murder of Freddie Gray told family he was following protocol | Daily Mail Online

Old 05-01-2015, 06:40 PM

163 posts, read 125,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
it wasn't until American streets were set a blaze that Great Society programs, mainly in the form of jobs, began to flow into the black communities. It was only violence that forced this country to undertake the only serious look at conditions with in the so-called black community.
It would seem that the Baltimore residents, and the African American community, are one of only a very few groups that believe in fighting for what is right. Everyone else will accept without question (except, of course, city-data-ers). I am not advocating violence. Even they said they did it wrong when they burned the businesses.

Old 05-01-2015, 06:42 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The plot thickens. This is going to be interesting. This would make a good movie. Unfortunately many innocent lives are being destroyed by this. God bless all police who risk their lives every day to protect us.

Last edited by NCN; 05-01-2015 at 06:51 PM..

Old 05-01-2015, 06:47 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
So there will be "justice" for the Gray family but not for the cops as allowed under the constitution?
I wonder if all the victims of the riots will receive the same justice as the mayor and public are demanding befall the officers? Somehow I'm betting not.

Old 05-01-2015, 06:54 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calculator View Post
It would seem that the Baltimore residents, and the African American community, are one of only a very few groups that believe in fighting for what is right. Everyone else will accept without question (except, of course, city-data-ers). I am not advocating violence. Even they said they did it wrong when they burned the businesses.
When will we hear about those that were arrested for the looting and burning? I want to see them sitting in their cells in prison.

I am thinking it was on the news that 246 black people in Baltimore were killed by other blacks and no riots or marches on the street for any of them.

War on the police is really war on law and order in the USA. And it is very easy to see who is waging that war.

Old 05-01-2015, 06:58 PM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
So there will be "justice" for the Gray family but not for the cops as allowed under the constitution?
I wonder if all the victims of the riots will receive the same justice as the mayor and public are demanding befall the officers? Somehow I'm betting not.
They are afforded the same rights as anyone else who is arrested, bail was set for each of them, they have the right to an attorney and one will be appointed if they can't afford it. They are entitled to have their case heard before a jury of their peers. So how are they being denied due process?

Old 05-01-2015, 07:03 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,171,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
When will we hear about those that were arrested for the looting and burning? I want to see them sitting in their cells in prison.

I am thinking it was on the news that 246 black people in Baltimore were killed by other blacks and no riots or marches on the street for any of them.

War on the police is really war on law and order in the USA. And it is very easy to see who is waging that war.
It's amazing how adults continually lack the ability to separate civilian on civilian violence and cop on civilian violence.

Old 05-01-2015, 07:05 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
So far, the DA hasn't mentioned any beating torture session. You think she's holding that part back for a big surprise at the trials.

The facts aren't enough for some people;
they gotta make stuff up to make it sound better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events