Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2015, 08:51 AM

42,839 posts, read 26,242,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
My prediction:

If those officers are found completely innocent, they will never work again in the Baltimore city government. It's clear the leadership of that government has decided to throw those officers under the bus in order to protect their own hides in allowing these riots to happen. (and of course they are ultimately responsible for how the police dept. operates)
Another waldopinion /sigh. In the first place since at the very, very, least they violated several department rules in this incident, I would expect they broke enough rules to be terminated without a conviction. Throw them under the bus? Oh my Waldo...do you really think that cops should be able to walk away from this scott free after a 25 year old man in their custody is ok before he is arrested (on a trumped up charge) and on life support an hour later? REALLY Waldo..do you really think that's right? Please enlighten me on why Police Officers should have a free pass for behavior that would cause anyone else to do prison time, and a lot of it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2015, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
How come the same city government released over a hundred suspects the other day without charging them? Didn't some of them assault police officers or vandalize property?

If those six officers are to be charged with murder so quickly and efficiently, then all these others should be charged with something as well.

Or is it all just a show to appease the angry community?
probably because they held them too long without charging them and couldn't legally hold them any longer. They will still have the option of obtaining a warrant and arresting them later, but you can't just keep people in jail for days without charging them, setting bail and arraigning them on the charges. We are, after all, a nation of laws.

Old 05-02-2015, 08:59 AM

1,077 posts, read 871,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Because you state it as fact to use in support of whatever argument that you are making. i.e. "SA Mosely made the right call."

Whether or not she made the right call is her burden to prove. That has yet to happen.

However, I do give you credit for admitting now that it is only opinion.
BBM

Thank you, exalted one.

Anything anyone types, unless accompanied by a link, should be thought of as an opinion, a belief or a thought but I get that you appear to like nit picking a lot, with correcting other's.

Old 05-02-2015, 08:59 AM

19,833 posts, read 12,090,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
I've wondered if maybe he experienced seizures in the back of the van. That might explain some of his injuries.
Possible. Like if he swallowed his packet of heroin when caught dealing in the street?

Old 05-02-2015, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
This is the bottom line. ^^^^^. We only have initial information right now, more will come out a their trials get underway. But there is absolutely no reason for the residents of that area to do the things they did. They can spout all the "people are frustrated" BS they want, but civilized people behave in civilized manners. The low class idiots we saw in those videos were simply wanting to loot and burn for the hell of it and to get some free goodies.

These arrests of the cops coming so quickly are a way to get the people there to stop the violence.

Don
And you can't hold an entire community responsible for what a few people do. And, you have no way of knowing how many of the looters/rioters even lived in Baltimore do you? There are 600,000 people in Baltimore, how many were involved in the riots, a few hundred?

Old 05-02-2015, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
I've wondered if maybe he experienced seizures in the back of the van. That might explain some of his injuries.
He might have seized after the head injury that the pathologist noted, but it would not cause a severed spinal column or three crushed vertebrae.

Old 05-02-2015, 09:12 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,831,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
And you can't hold an entire community responsible for what a few people do. And, you have no way of knowing how many of the looters/rioters even lived in Baltimore do you? There are 600,000 people in Baltimore, how many were involved in the riots, a few hundred?

A few hundred ?????? There were a few hundred coming out of that one liquor store alone !! You better look at the videos again, there were thousands and thousands of people out there causing chaos.

Don

Old 05-02-2015, 09:22 AM

1,077 posts, read 871,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
He might have seized after the head injury that the pathologist noted, but it would not cause a severed spinal column or three crushed vertebrae.
Those injuries were at C3, 4 and 5 as I heard it.

Patients with C-1 to C-4 spinal cord injuries generally use diaphragm function and require a ventilator to breathe. Other complications may include:
  • Bowel and bladder dysfunction
  • Sexual dysfunction
  • Difficulty regulating heart rate, blood pressure, sweating, and body temperature
  • Spasticity
  • Neuropathic pain
  • Muscle atrophy
  • Osteoporosis
  • Gallbladder and renal stones
C-1 to C-4 | BrainAndSpinalCord.org

FG according to the SA went into cardiac arrest when the paddy wagon finally got to the police station, at that point, I believe it was already too late and more damage to his spine occurred on that joy ride they took FG on lying on the floor minus any seat belts. It's also possible he was bouncing around and with an injury already, it only got worse.

EMT said he was in cardiac arrest, fell into a coma and died a week later.

There is no way I believe FG caused these injuries which another neurosurgeon said is much like a hanging where the back of the neck, separates from the brain stem, only one person they said was lucky enough to recover from that form of injury and it was due to getting to them in a timely manner.

another link good info
Spinal Cord Injury | Johns Hopkins Medicine Health Library

Last edited by Amythyst; 05-02-2015 at 09:37 AM..

Old 05-02-2015, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
A few hundred ?????? There were a few hundred coming out of that one liquor store alone !! You better look at the videos again, there were thousands and thousands of people out there causing chaos.

Don
ok then, you tell me how many were rioting and looting.

Old 05-02-2015, 09:59 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,502,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post

There is no way I believe FG caused these injuries which another neurosurgeon said is much like a hanging where the back of the neck, separates from the brain stem, only one person they said was lucky enough to recover from that form of injury and it was due to getting to them in a timely manner.

I think most people accept that the cops violated transport safety procedures and failed to get timely medical aid.

Is it your opinion so far that he was beaten by one or more cops while he was in the van; that the ride without being buckled in caused Gray to be thrown around to cause the injuries; or don't you have an opinion on that ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events