Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2015, 12:27 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
No its not. Not even a remote Possibility.

He had no business being in the van in the first place. It was an illegal arrest and detention. In plain language, they basically kidnapped him.

YAWN, wait until the defense-team starts picking stuff apart, (trust me, that WILL happen).........there will be a LOT of angry YOUNG PEOPLE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2015, 01:13 AM

3,190 posts, read 3,185,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
YAWN, wait until the defense-team starts picking stuff apart, (trust me, that WILL happen).........there will be a LOT of angry YOUNG PEOPLE.
It's the defenses' job to try to poke holes in the state's case. That really has no bearing on anything outside the trial if they have no new evidence to present at trial.

Old 05-04-2015, 02:27 AM

124 posts, read 141,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
People are now arguing this isn't about race.

Yet almost every other post there claims it happened because of his race (Black race).

People say many things, but it's only their actions that matter.

It became 'not about race' when we all found out 3 of the 6 cops are black.

Old 05-04-2015, 02:31 AM

124 posts, read 141,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I guarantee you can try as hard as you want to bang yourself against the wall, you might split your skull but there is no way you'd sever your spinal cord.
Just FYI...football players have been known to injure their spinal cords on vicious helmet to helmet hits. So it is possible.
Not saying that's what occurred, just saying it's possible.

Old 05-04-2015, 04:36 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Since we don't know all the evidence - we're here for discussion - not attacking people. There's 2 sides and 2 stories and we won't know the exact evidence or circumstances until the trial. The way people's thought process works is subjective. How 1 Medical Examiner views his evidence can be quite different from another due to their previous experiences.

But 1 thing I know - I'd rather have any of those cops living in my neighborhood than I would Freddie Gray and I doubt that any of the defenders would think differently if tit came to tat.

Old 05-04-2015, 05:02 AM

56 posts, read 62,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki6 View Post
Just FYI...football players have been known to injure their spinal cords on vicious helmet to helmet hits. So it is possible.
Not saying that's what occurred, just saying it's possible.
Well, anything is possible. That question that should be asked is how likely is it that he would be able to crush his own vocal box AND severe his spine 80% from his neck? The doctors that treated him said that these injuries are akin to those in a car accident victim. But the reality is that those injuries are rare even for car accident victims. This is just my personal opinion but I believe that he was injured during arrest and those injuries were enhanced during the van ride.

Old 05-04-2015, 05:05 AM

56 posts, read 62,916 times
Quote:
Just b/c half of the officers that arrested him are African American doesn't mean that this is somehow not about race. I don't think race is the most important factor here, but it's an important one none the less.

Last edited by kbf2324; 05-04-2015 at 05:25 AM..

Old 05-04-2015, 05:33 AM

50,783 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
It was never about black versus white...it was and is about cops versus blacks...it is an institutionalized racism in some departments that apparently is not limited to white cops only...what is the point of pointing this out? Are some of you actually arguing that because 3 of the cops were black, then Grey wasn't a victim of racism? Sorry but it's not that black and white, pun intended.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:14 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I guess the medical examiner's finding just don't mean squat to some people.

The irony is strong in this one.
That M.E. report does mean something, just not everything. If it meant so much in cases such as this then why would there be a demand for multiple M.E. examinations as in the Ferguson case? Maybe because M.E. reports can be subjective and not all M.E.'s are equal in experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Nope, but it would make him feel a LOT less pain when he is injuring himself.

Watch some episodes of Cops, people in custody try to injure themselves all the time. Not saying that is what happened to Mr. Gray.......but it is a possibility!
Not only would it make him feel less pain it "could" also make him unable to stop from flopping around due to being anesthetized (Heroin).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
That's not logical at all. It's stupid. The cops didn't strap him in and the only way he could have had his spine severed the way it was is by being slammed into a bolt at very high velocity. Heroin and weed don't factor into that at all. You don't get to play the logic card because your thought process is so entirely flawed and biased.

We know who has been charged with what and what happened to Freddie Gray. And guess what? This isn't a court of law. Those thugs get no due process here. They killed Freddie Gray and none of your mental gymnastics will change that.
Your bigotry is showing.

Why don't you do a little research before spewing nonsense. He didn't injure himself. Those reports were false and his wounds are entirely inconsistent with self-harm. The medical examiner ruled his death a homicide for a reason.
Everything from the time he was first spotted and decided to run to when he was found dead is a factor. The problem here is some are not waiting for all the FACTors to come out and just listening to what bolsters their own preconceived notions of what occurred. Some may call that "bigoted" as well.

Unless you are a Medical Examiner that has seen the autopsy report or done your own independent autopsy on Freddie and have seen all the available evidence you are not, nor is anyone else able to say anything is inconsistent with anything.
Again, all y'all are going off is what the S.A. has said and taking that as gospel.

Quote:
You and I both know that the evidence that has already been submitted is enough to get them Jail time, even if they don't have anything else. Its more than "Theory" to say he was wrongly arrested, and held, and was alive. He died while they had him illegally. That's facts. I see Jail time coming.

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. It applies to Cops too. A good "Wake Up" call to all Police who bend the rules, and think they are beyond the Law.
No, it's definitely theory to say he was illegally arrested at this point since nobody here has seen the whole arrest report nor the officers statements.

Quote:
No its not. Not even a remote Possibility.

He had no business being in the van in the first place. It was an illegal arrest and detention. In plain language, they basically kidnapped him.
^^See bold above ^^

Old 05-04-2015, 08:22 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post

Not only would it make him feel less pain it "could" also make him unable to stop from flopping around due to being anesthetized (Heroin).
Or, maybe having your hands and feet shackled could make you unable to stop from flopping around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events