Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2015, 12:53 PM

625 posts, read 623,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
I just read on twitter the camera in the back of the paddy wagon was not in working order.

Lisa Bloom@LisaBloom · 7h7 hours ago
Baltimore Sun reports video camera in Freddie Gray police van was broken. In several of my excessive force cases cameras have been "broken."
Funny how that camera is always broken when someone ends up dead in police custody.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2015, 01:07 PM
SFX

1,636 posts, read 891,622 times
Maybe they should hook the cameras up using the ACLU app, that uploads the video as it happens, so nobody can accidentally break it later.

Old 05-03-2015, 01:35 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,184,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Good lord, you criminal apologist people who believe that everybody who's not rushing to blame 6 (at this point innocent) cops for murder throw all common sense,critical thinking AND the legal premise of "innocent until proven guilty" out the window just to promote your agenda...
What agenda? And how am I throwing common sense and critical thinking to the wind? I'm not the one trying to blame heroin and weed for a severed spine and crushed throat. You clearly have an agenda of blaming the victim. All evidence points at the officers but you decided to ignore evidence and shut your brain off just to side with the cops. It has nothing to do with "innocence until proven guilty" and everything to do with common decency and critical thinking.

Quote:
Let me ask this, if all of Freddie's arrests don't mean squat because he was not convicted, which has been said here many,many times then how exactly are the cops guilty because they were charged and not (yet) convicted?
Is the benefit of the doubt only given to those without a badge and no prior arrests?
Freddie Gray's arrests don't mean squat because he wasn't killed by his rap sheet, he was killed by the police, be it through a failure to follow proper procedure or through sheer malice. He's dead because of what the police did to him and at every stage of these events the police did everything wrong. They arrested him without cause, they gave him a "rough ride" to abuse him, they ignored his pleas for help and screams of agony, and they falsified reports to cover up their crimes. You cannot argue against these points because this is what the evidence shows. Until there's new evidence that shows otherwise you're just spinning yarns and making excuses for bad cops.

Old 05-03-2015, 01:41 PM

1,077 posts, read 872,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
What agenda? And how am I throwing common sense and critical thinking to the wind? I'm not the one trying to blame heroin and weed for a severed spine and crushed throat. You clearly have an agenda of blaming the victim. All evidence points at the officers but you decided to ignore evidence and shut your brain off just to side with the cops. It has nothing to do with "innocence until proven guilty" and everything to do with common decency and critical thinking.

Freddie Gray's arrests don't mean squat because he wasn't killed by his rap sheet, he was killed by the police, be it through a failure to follow proper procedure or through sheer malice. He's dead because of what the police did to him and at every stage of these events the police did everything wrong. They arrested him without cause, they gave him a "rough ride" to abuse him, they ignored his pleas for help and screams of agony, and they falsified reports to cover up their crimes. You cannot argue against these points because this is what the evidence shows. Until there's new evidence that shows otherwise you're just spinning yarns and making excuses for bad cops.

Excellent post, especially the bolded portion.

Old 05-03-2015, 01:46 PM

625 posts, read 623,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post

Yes! Yes! And Yes! Great post!

Old 05-03-2015, 03:10 PM

14,944 posts, read 12,139,254 times
Quote:

but as you wait for the facts will you also keep offering opinions?
Just like you are.

Old 05-03-2015, 03:31 PM

146 posts, read 190,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
The plot isn't thickening; the wheels in the head of a certain type of person is just working overtime in an attempt to undervalue a lost black life. We've seen white supremacy attempt to justify the unjustifiable time after time. It's not going to work this time...

###Blacklivesmatter
Exactly!

Old 05-03-2015, 04:35 PM

23,541 posts, read 12,517,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Thank you for your very well put together post to remind me that my old eye's aren't working too well So I guess the one thing I did point out that he was never in possession of a firearm since 2007 @ age 17. was correct, right? Since I didn't find that in your correction points

Thanks again, I stand corrected in a very nice manner
I didn't see anything about a firearm in there either, you're correct about that particular point.

Old 05-03-2015, 04:47 PM

1,077 posts, read 872,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Just like you are.

Yes but I didn't, ah, never mind.

Old 05-03-2015, 07:06 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
I just read on twitter the camera in the back of the paddy wagon was not in working order.

Lisa Bloom@LisaBloom · 7h7 hours ago
Baltimore Sun reports video camera in Freddie Gray police van was broken. In several of my excessive force cases cameras have been "broken."
You realize the term "paddy wagon" is thought of as an ethnic slur right?

The word paddy wagon is of American origin. The precise origin of the term is uncertain and disputed, though its use dates back to the 1800s.[1]

There are at least three theories as how the phrase originated.

The most prevalent theory is based on the term "Paddy" a common Irish shortening of Padraig, (Patrick in English), which was most often used as an ethnic slur to refer to Irish people.[2] Irishmen made up a large percentage of the officers of early police forces in many American cities. Thus, this theory suggests that the concentration of Irish in the police forces led to the term "paddy wagon" being used to describe the vehicles driven by police.
An alternative theory is similarly based on the term "Paddy" but states that the term arose due to the allegedly high crime level among Irish immigrants.

Police van - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events