Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2015, 01:31 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
White Trash can frequently be found involved in horribly violent activities.

They are "THUGS" - and that word has no color.

I am so tired of gun violence. Sick and tired...
Do you find knife violence acceptable?
How 'bout blunt instrument violence?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2015, 02:15 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,160,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post
She knows how to handle 'problems' in Waco. And in this case it would have been a win - win!
Yeah, 86 dead Americans was the right way to handle the "problem" of executing a search warrant.

Old 05-18-2015, 03:57 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,364,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Do you find knife violence acceptable?
How 'bout blunt instrument violence?
I do, we're far more likely to get entertaining video out of knife and blunt force instrument violence.

Old 05-18-2015, 04:06 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,297,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
I think you are getting this confused with police brutality, unless an officer shot one of the unarmed gang members in the back. I actually didn't think the police shot anyone to be honest. I thought the gang members killed each other. Anyway, I don't remember anyone on here decrying criminals killing each other.
My thoughts exactly.

Old 05-18-2015, 05:14 AM

3,804 posts, read 6,170,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Yup. Anyone hear of Altamont? Outlaw motorcycle thugs have been creating havoc since the 60s.
Killing the guy was unfortunate. However, the Hell's Angels had been hired to do security at the event, and the followed they stabbed to death had a gun and had already fired one shot at the stage after going to his car to get his gun so he could kill Mick Jagger.

Old 05-18-2015, 05:29 AM

50,730 posts, read 36,447,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yep. Glad they shot so many of each other dead....absolutely thugs.

You may notice we don't have anyone showing up crying that they were "good guys", blaming cops, blaming society, saying they were turning their lives around etc?

Nope. They were a drug dealing, gun toting, gang of thugs.

P.S. Chicago averages about 1 gang member killed daily throughout the year. This is pretty tame except that it was 9 at once.
Are you actually comparing this to incidents where one unarmed person was shot for a petty crime or in one case, no crime? How is this comparable in any way to the cases people have been protesting? I actually think if it had been a black gang, this thread would be 20 pages by now, and there would be countless posts calling for death or the very least "emigration back to Africa". People are very "meh" about this IMO compared to how it would be if it were someone else/somewhere else. There is very little of the same vitriol or passion being unleashed on these guys from the forum, just "Oh, yeah, those gangs have always been bad, yawn".

Do you really, honestly think if this gang had been black and had a gunfight in a public restaurant, people would be upset that some were killed by the police? You are the proof that some just don't get it.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 05-18-2015 at 05:39 AM..

Old 05-18-2015, 05:31 AM

50,730 posts, read 36,447,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
They are thugs. Clear enough the term isn't about race.
When I saw the story, I assumed many would use it here on purpose, just so you could add that little dig like you did above. There are actually TOO many here saying "thug" to make it seem natural to me. To me it seems more like "LOOK. see here, we're using it for WHITE people, that PROVES it has nothing to do with race.

I love how a story about a white biker gang couldn't even go 2 pages without someone bringing up blacks, and "how come no one's protesting THIS?"

I just read the original thread about this (the one that doesn't call them thugs)...one person said they're behaving like children, for goodness sake, and another pointed out how much better this crime is versus black crime gangs because this gang only seemed to shoot at each other and didn't destroy anyone's property!

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 05-18-2015 at 05:45 AM..

Old 05-18-2015, 06:00 AM

6,449 posts, read 9,809,163 times
Thugs? You guys cant call them thugs! Some people claim that as their word reserved for their race only lol

Old 05-18-2015, 06:06 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,285,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
When I saw the story, I assumed many would use it here on purpose, just so you could add that little dig like you did above. There are actually TOO many here saying "thug" to make it seem natural to me. To me it seems more like "LOOK. see here, we're using it for WHITE people, that PROVES it has nothing to do with race.

I love how a story about a white biker gang couldn't even go 2 pages without someone bringing up blacks, and "how come no one's protesting THIS?"

I just read the original thread about this (the one that doesn't call them thugs)...one person said they're behaving like children, for goodness sake, and another pointed out how much better this crime is versus black crime gangs because this gang only seemed to shoot at each other and didn't destroy anyone's property!
Figures. Sadly, some people will never see the double standard.

Old 05-18-2015, 06:16 AM

3,804 posts, read 6,170,917 times
A question. Everyone keeps saying these were white biker gangs, but I was under the impression that the Bandidos are a Mexican biker gang. Is that incorrect?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events