Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2015, 08:21 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,643,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
That cop has serious issues.

He tripped, fell, and escalated everything. He was a danger to every kid, officer, and citizen in the area.
From the video I saw - completely agree. Got up waving his gun too. I don't think he's cut out for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
I chuckled abit after seeing him fall.

Did you notice how the other officer grabbed him after he took out his gun?
Yes and that made me SO GLAD. There are cops out there that know this officer was being complete out of control and ponly escalating the situation. Good for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
I have no love for the police but understand some of how they think.
Imagine being a cop called onto a scene and people start running away when they see you. Your first though is something is amiss. The people running have a reason to whereas those standing shouldn't. Suppose someone pulls an unidentified object from their pocket or waistband - what is it? The cop goes into cop mode; what do you want him to do?

These young people - kids - need to be told by parents or someone not to run away or get in a cop's face in these circumstances or it comes to you in a bad way. The cop might not even know why he is there as it is a disturbance or some other generic call. They have to sort out what is what while sorting through the other crap going on. The only way they can get to the bottom of a situation is to sit people down and talk to them. It's easier than arresting them all and taking them to the station. If you are told to sit and run instead, you are guilty of something in their eyes. Maybe you are afraid; they don't know that, they only see you running from a scene they have been called to investigate and you running isn't what they want to see.
I am not one to cooperate with them to the point of stupidity but I know enough not to be stupid.
Once you have the cops in your life they are there forever and you usually invited them. Never call a cop unless you truly need one as they will look for some way to implicate you with something.
Yeah. I don't want him to trip and fall and then start waving his gun at people because they are running away. Ever seen a bar get raided - people scatter like FLIES and no one points a gun.

Ridiculous.

Old 06-08-2015, 08:30 AM

7,279 posts, read 11,007,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
Not sure if this has been posted already but this is how the entire incident started according to those who were present at the time.

Video Emerges of Violence at

Police were called to the scene and attempted to get some of the trespassers to sit down while they investigated. Many of the teens fled and police chased some of them down. This is when the video of the incident with police began. There does not appear to be any video of the initial police contact with the teens.

One resident, Benet Embry, a black man, posted on Facebook about the events leading up to the police call. “Look, I LIVE in this community and this ENTIRE incident is NOT racial at all,” Embry wrote. “A few THUGS spoiled a COMMUNITY event by fighting, jumping over fences into a PRIVATE pool, harassing and damaging property. Not EVERYTHING is about RACE. WE have other issues that NEED our attention other flights of made up make believe causes.”

In another post he is critical of media coverage of the incident. “I’ve never seen such irresponsible reporting and miss management of media resources in my life,” he said.

Another McKinney resident, Bryan Gestner, posted on Facebook, “This was a Twitter party that turned into a mob event. Jumping pool fence. Assaulting 2 security guards, attacking a mother with three little girls. The video doesn’t show everything.” He continued saying the kids were drinking and “smoking weed” and they would not listen to any of the adults around the pool.

“This isn’t about race,” he continued. “This is about outside kids invading our neighborhood and had no respect for authority or the residents here. I have a target on my back now and I have been threatened by these punks that they are gonna shoot up my house when all I did was try to control the mob and actually tended to the girl and the boy that had a bloody lip.”
“Yall don’t know the whole story,” Gestner continued. “I commend the officer for handling this situation.”

Gestner wrapped up his post alleging that these same kids came back into the neighborhood Saturday night. They were “kicking in people’s front door, stole a truck and crashed it into many vehicles. They vandalized dozens of cars and were stealing things
^^

Its always like this. One sided reporting and the the panic threads to try to incite emotional responses.

Old 06-08-2015, 08:33 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,640,498 times
I really wonder just how old some people have gotten that they think teenagers running from a party when the cops show up is something new. Either way, the only crimes they may have committed are coming to a party they didn't know they were not allowed at and/or reacting aggressively to a jerk adult telling them to return to section 8 housing. I can go off on the lunacy of HOAs, but that's another thread.

If it weren't such a dangerous situation, I'd find it rather Keystone Cop-ish to see that idiot do a tactical roll for no reason at all along with the calm cop respectfully speaking with calm teens when Eric the Nut shows up screaming at the kids and cuffing them.

As for the girl, she was wearing a bikini and a towel and probably asked to get her back pack when she was taken down. Why is it so hard to believe that some people have no right to be cops? Oh, I know. Because some people can see past their own racist fears.

Last edited by AMSS; 06-08-2015 at 08:41 AM..

Old 06-08-2015, 08:35 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,108,260 times
Its funny how people see things very differently
Chaotic situation
Uncooperative young adults
One woman detained..others trying to interfere with that
At one point a male runs by grabbing the officer.. officer draws gun.. pointed at ground ..looked in control to me...
Officer holsters weapon while other officers run by... one officer touching first officer ... any depiction that he was stopping or controlling the first officer is conjecture and incorrect in my opinion. Second officer chases suspect who touched initial officer.. eventually detaining him.. and this was the male that was arrested for obstruction
As far as a racial incident... I call bunk.. there weren't any actions that can demonstrate racial animus on the part of the officers... the racial agenda is on the part of the public... trying to justify the out of control actions of the "l'il darlings"

Training issue... yes.. discipline issue.. no

Pantywaisted police ignorance aside... not much here folks...

By the way... grab at police get guns pointed at you ... you have the luxery of choice.. we dont

Old 06-08-2015, 08:38 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,643,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
I really wonder just how old some people have gotten that they think teenagers running from a party when the cops show up is something new. Either way, the only crimes they may have committed are coming to a party they didn't know they were not allowed at and/or reacting aggressively to a jerk adult telling them to return to section 8 housing. I can go off on the lunacy of HOAs, but that's another thread.

If it weren't such a dangerous situation, I'd find it rather Keystone Cop-ish to see that idiot to a tactical roll for no reason at all along with the calm cop respectfully speaking with calm teens when Eric the Nut shows up screaming at the kids and cuffing them.

As for the girl, she was wearing a bikini and a towel and probably asked to get her back pack when she was taken down. Why is it so hard to believe that some people have no right to be cops? Oh, I know. Because some people can see past their own racist fears.
Obviously those posters have never been to a frat party, any college party, or a bar where someone got in with a fake ID.

YES, I had a good time in college but that was MANY years go. People ran as fast as their legs could carry them. No one pulled a gun.

Party was broken up - most everyone scattered to the winds - problem solved.

Old 06-08-2015, 08:57 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,582,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Its funny how people see things very differently
Chaotic situation
Uncooperative young adults
One woman detained..others trying to interfere with that
At one point a male runs by grabbing the officer.. officer draws gun.. pointed at ground ..looked in control to me...
Officer holsters weapon while other officers run by... one officer touching first officer ... any depiction that he was stopping or controlling the first officer is conjecture and incorrect in my opinion. Second officer chases suspect who touched initial officer.. eventually detaining him.. and this was the male that was arrested for obstruction
As far as a racial incident... I call bunk.. there weren't any actions that can demonstrate racial animus on the part of the officers... the racial agenda is on the part of the public... trying to justify the out of control actions of the "l'il darlings"

Training issue... yes.. discipline issue.. no

Pantywaisted police ignorance aside... not much here folks...

By the way... grab at police get guns pointed at you ... you have the luxery of choice.. we dont
You're giving this old timer food for thought.

I harken from a time when a cop never had to draw his weapon, perhaps throughout an entire 30 year career.

A time when a cop catching you doing something stupid (perhaps even mildly illegal) simply had to mention "when your father hears about this, you're in for a real azz whupp'n son."

A time when a cop would walk up to a group of us and immediately tell the difference between a group of teens discussing the last game winning play or a group of teens discussing how they were going to have fun breaking the law.

Cops seemed to have the ability, time and respect from public at large to be able to exercise their judgment back then.

It was also a time when our parents taught us to not ever refer to a cop as a "cop". They were the Police and referred to as "sir".

They were better times.

Old 06-08-2015, 08:58 AM

17,183 posts, read 23,044,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Are you being flippant or what?

Why were the cops there?
Someone called them because one white woman told them to leave and *go back to their section 8 houses.* That started a fight between two people - one black and one white - the others tried to pull the two apart, but someone had already called the police.

The kids were scared when the police came. Some were already in the process of leaving. Some like the girl you saw being pulled down by that cop were told to leave, but when she started to walk away (and was mouthing off), he pulled her back and slammed her to the ground. The police could have simply let the kids leave. They were there for a party and a resident got upset. They are teens - teens are mouthy and they talk back to adults, but that is no reason to draw a gun on them.

Old 06-08-2015, 09:07 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,280,180 times
Being mouthy to cops might be disrespectful, but it isn't against the law.

Cops should know how to handle mouthy kids without getting guns involved.

Old 06-08-2015, 09:10 AM

1,112 posts, read 1,150,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
I don't know that they are minors, they were all fully developed and beautiful. "Beauty" is not a synonym for being "over the age of consent", and anyways they all looked legal to me (over 16 in most states, 18 in some).

Of course you don't notice girls until after their 18th birthday.
Gross comment. To me, they look like teenagers and would have known that before finding out their ages. by far one of the creepiest posts I have read on CD.

Old 06-08-2015, 09:15 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,204,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
A few of them are missing though, I wonder why lol.
They're waiting in the weeds hoping/waiting for evidence to show the officer was justified in his actions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events