Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 09:27 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,809,581 times

Advertisements

I didn't get my ears pierced until I was 16 and still cannot wear anything but gold, sterling, or stainless steel. When I was 19 I had another pierce done in one ear. I woke up a few days later with blood and pus all over my pillow. I had to let that one close up.

If I had a daughter I would wait until she asked to be pierced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2015, 09:38 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,159,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Have they banned circumcision?
Hijole, here we go again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
No? Then for pete's sake, leave the ear piercing alone.
Just let parents be parents, we don't need any more laws.

Old 06-11-2015, 09:57 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,891,093 times
"A form of child cruelty" C'mon circumcision has got to hurt more, ouch.

Old 06-12-2015, 04:36 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,055,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
"A form of child cruelty" C'mon circumcision has got to hurt more, ouch.

Childbirth hurts a newborn, look at their faces when they slip out the birth canal, pku's hurt, eye drops hurt.

Living hurts.

I had my son circumcised 20 years ago, when he was a newborn, and I would have it done again.

Old 06-12-2015, 05:29 AM

13,400 posts, read 28,717,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
U.K. Petition Calls For A Ban On Baby Ear Piercing

Wow, I did NOT get my dear daughter's ears pierced until she asked, but I do realize some families are different. Why ban ear piercing on babies?
People need to mind their own dam business.
I had my ears pierced at 14, my daughter was 15, that said in many cultures, Italian, Spanish the babies ears are pierced shortly after birth and this has been going on for a very long time, I'd venture to say a few hundred years if not longer

Old 06-12-2015, 06:23 AM

3,205 posts, read 2,621,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I've never understood why anyone gets their babies ears pierced. I would never do it because it can create a metal allergy. And I say that because that is what happened to me and it sucks to only be able to wear 14kt gold or sterling.
How did your doctor diagnose the cause of your metals allergy was getting your ears pierced as a baby? Why would you even think this? Did you read it on Facebook?

Old 06-12-2015, 06:28 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,338,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
I think people have gone off the deep end. Honestly, I would like to hear from someone who supports this and ask them why it's okay to force their views on another parent.
Why is it OK to force mutilation on a little baby?

I don't like pierced ears and never have.

I am glad my mom didn't uglify my ears without my permission.

I know a lot of women now who have ditched the earrings (esp professional women), but now they have weird holey or stretchy ears. Ew.

Old 06-12-2015, 06:46 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Why is it OK to force mutilation on a little baby?

I don't like pierced ears and never have.

I am glad my mom didn't uglify my ears without my permission.

I know a lot of women now who have ditched the earrings (esp professional women), but now they have weird holey or stretchy ears. Ew.
They only got "weird holey or stretchy ears" because they chose to wear heavy pierced earrings for so long - not because they got their ears pierced when they were a child.

I've had my ears pierced since I was about 13 and I've worn no earrings, clip earrings, pierced earrings, whatever, all my life. But I figured out pretty quickly as an adult that if I wore heavy hanging pierced earrings that they'd make the small holes in my ears much more pronounced, so I just stopped doing it. No problem.

In other words, it's not those womens' parents' fault if they have "weird holey or stretchy ears."

Oh and by the way, if a person gets their ears pierced as a child and then later chooses not to wear earrings, their ears are not "uglified" - in fact, it's rare that you can even tell their ears were ever pierced.

It's just not a big deal.

Old 06-12-2015, 06:56 AM

30,617 posts, read 18,198,614 times
An overreach if you ask me.

Old 06-12-2015, 07:02 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,269,437 times
What's with all the outrage people? It's an online petition. There's no actual legislation happening here. Have you all not figured out by now that there are crazy people all over the internet? Heck, there's a guy over on Fashion & Beauty who is calling for high heeled shoes to be banned.

Nothing to see here ... move along!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events