Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 08:04 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
and Hitler never hated Jews, I don't buy this story
Sorry This statement just is NOT based in reality...Go back and look at Historical facts and IF you wish to deny history and make up lies..Go forth and enjoy...YIKES!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2015, 08:06 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Sorry This statement just is NOT based in reality...Go back and look at Historical facts and IF you wish to deny history and make up lies..Go forth and enjoy...YIKES!!
I think he was being sarcastic

Old 06-21-2015, 08:19 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
It has nothing to do with him being open about it; if the shooter hated blacks, why would he ever know a black person on such a personal level?
You would be surprised at how somebody like ROOF can have a close black friend and disassociate himself from that friendship to commit the Murders he did. He couldn't shoot & kill his black friend since in his mind he isn't the problem. In his feeble mind he determined who was the enemy and chose his target.
He is a psychopath.

Old 06-21-2015, 08:28 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I'm not an expert.... but I would think a shooting in a church would be a hate crime.
No, yelling something like "I hate blacks and they should all die" and shooting them would be a hate crime. The fact of it being in a church has nothing to do with it, it could been a movie theater, school, etc.

Old 06-21-2015, 08:49 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,291,852 times
You all are playing the game that the media wants you all to play
To think that "crime between races" is more important than the actual crime that this guy committed.

Who gives a .... what races anybody is/was?
It was a crime period.

Old 06-21-2015, 08:58 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
You all are playing the game that the media wants you all to play
To think that "crime between races" is more important than the actual crime that this guy committed.

Who gives a .... what races anybody is/was?
It was a crime period.
Ohhh please look back a few posts..you will truly enjoy their conspiracy theories blasted out..It's all a hoax..no one died..no one shot anybody..It's all a political stunt to turn one race against another...

.Go and see what Master Roof likely bought into and decided he needed to make a statement..Hate is Hate..whether it against your jailer's or your government or your perceived enemies.....He was Loser who got fed a whole bunch of HATE perped online 20/7..to deny it isn't there is just foolish IMO!!

Old 06-21-2015, 09:09 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
You would be surprised at how somebody like ROOF can have a close black friend and disassociate himself from that friendship to commit the Murders he did. He couldn't shoot & kill his black friend since in his mind he isn't the problem. In his feeble mind he determined who was the enemy and chose his target.
He is a psychopath.
Then it was not race, but ideology associated with race? Again, if he was truly racists, as in hated black people just for the reason of them being black and nothing more, then I do not see how he would go out of his way to have a personal relationship with a black person. If he did not regard his black friend as "one of them", then being black was not his only motivation. A little devil's advocate on my part, but I think it still merits something.

Old 06-21-2015, 09:49 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
Quote:
Then it was not race, but ideology associated with race? Again, if he was truly racists, as in hated black people just for the reason of them being black and nothing more, then I do not see how he would go out of his way to have a personal relationship with a black person. If he did not regard his black friend as "one of them", then being black was not his only motivation. A little devil's advocate on my part, but I think it still merits something.
Well you can chew that CUD anyway you want to but it is a HATE CRIME since he purposely went out of his way to target a black church with black parishioners! Let's switch it up instead. A Muslim who enters a synagogue and shoots and kills 9 Jews and says "You are destroying our country". What do you call that?

Old 06-21-2015, 09:54 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,024,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
Dylann Roof worships O'Reilly and Hannity. I never said you worked for FOX but the latter is in his camp too. Birds of a feather!
Yeah, because the 2 million people who watch The O'Reilly Factor are all JUST like Dylann Roof. Give me a break. Of course, the liberals have to call all conservatives racist. How disgusting.

Old 06-21-2015, 10:06 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,024,271 times
Quote:
I don't think there is any denying that this was about race. Maybe this young man didn't always feel this way, or maybe his few black friends were "different" in his mind in some way. It's not logical thinking, so you can't expect it to be. Even slave owners who hated black people and saw them as lesser than humans often had love interests in female slaves or had affection toward certain slaves, such as those who worked in the house with them.

I think it's silly to try to claim that this is about something other than race. My problem is with those who are taking it and running with it, as if all white people -- especially conservatives -- are like this man. One obviously sick and twisted individual who committed one isolated crime is not an indication of the countless black and white people who work, play, date and otherwise coexist happily on a daily basis.

I do think something needs to be done about race relations in this country. I don't have the answer, but things need to change. And yes, it does need to start with Dylann Roof being prosecuted as harshly as possible. I think he deserves the death penalty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events