Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2015, 09:37 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,493,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
This is the type of stuff that happens when people become politically correct to the point of being mentally retarded.
Agreed. Besides I loved that damn show growing up, introduced me to daisy dukes

Take the flag down from the state capital if you want but deface a great car really
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2015, 09:45 PM

7,961 posts, read 9,171,188 times
I hear the 2016 version of Dukes of Hazard will have them driving a Prius with an ISIS flag on the roof and Kaitlyn Jenner will be cast as Daisy Duke, lol.

Old 06-23-2015, 09:51 PM

958 posts, read 1,107,147 times
Great move. what ever it takes to make 20% of the population happy. [gag]

Old 06-23-2015, 10:01 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,139,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
What you have are ignorance and stereotypes. No offense. The image of Confederate flag flown by racist inbreds comes from movies and TV shows and cartoons, not from reality. I have lived in the South a long time and I know. The Confederate flag is even flown in the suburbs of Washington, DC.

KKK also flies the American flag at their rallies. Does that make the American flag racist?

Google search: Which slaves were freed in the Emancipation Proclamation?
The answer is: ONLY the ones in the Confederate states, which Lincoln had no control over, thus, none of the slaves were freed DURING the Civil War.

The Civil War was not fought over slavery! Slavery was legal in the United States at the time that the Confederate states formed. Slavery was legal all over America during the time of the Civil War. Why would the Confederate states need to leave the union of they were doing it for slavery, if slavery was legal in the Union? They didn't leave the Union because of slavery!

Google: Secession in the Constitution.
Secession (what the Confederate states did before the Civil War broke out) is perfectly CONSTITUTIONAL. It is a guaranteed State's Right in our Constitution. It is NOT treason.

Get your facts right.
Okay, you got me. You have me all figured out. I came to the conclusion that the confederate flag is a symbol of hate by watching late night movies. I didn’t form this opinion by looking at the actual history of this symbol.

Never mind how the treasonous states that happened to use the Confederate flag listed slavery as a critical issue in their articles of secession. Or how slavery made up 73% of Mississippi’s declarations of causes for secession. How about the fact that about 500 extremist groups use the confederate flag to support their views.

White supremacists love to mix truth with lies to confuse spectators, but do you know what? It’s not going to work this time…

###blacklivesmatter###

Old 06-23-2015, 10:11 PM

16,637 posts, read 8,636,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MItoBH View Post
Hmmm, as a kid growing up in Michigan, who didn't love the Dukes of Hazzard and wanted their own General Lee car? Now, the manufacturer of General Lee merchandise will no longer incorporate the confederate flag on top of the car.

What do you guys think about this? I'm glad the confederate flag merchandise will no longer be sold at major stores, but some things are going to look odd w/o it. I don't think everyone who has a confederate flag is racist, but most are. Such a messed up situation.

Warner to Stop Licensing Dukes Confederate Flag -- Vulture

"Warner Bros. Consumer Products has one licensee producing die-cast replicas and vehicle model kits featuring the General Lee with the confederate flag on its roof — as it was seen in the TV series,” a spokesman for the company said via e-mail. “We have elected to cease the licensing of these product categories." Translation: While you’ll still be able to buy a T-shirt featuring the General Lee — minus any visible sign of the flag — you won’t be able to buy any new toy cars or model kits with the car, period. The decision will only impact one company, Round 2, an Indiana-based model company which features a flag-less General Lee on the homepage of its website, touting it as “Television’s Most Famous Car.”
More PC run amok with kneejerk reactions to the SC tragedy.

Personally I don't care about the flag as only the American flag is displayed at my house. However the Confederate flag did not make this freak kill those people, and any intelligent person knows this. Heck if this nut posed with the Gadsden flag, would it be banned and taken off the shelves?

Old 06-23-2015, 10:11 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
The flag gets some level of attention on a semi-regular basis. Now it's getting attention because a racist murderer likes to take pictures of himself with it and the state flies it at full staff after a tragedy.

It's a symbol of treason and racism and should've been relegated to museums in 1865. It's shameful that in 2015 we still have states flying a flag that represents treason against the United States and the ownership of other human beings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
It's the same people pushing this who always wanted to see the flag come down. They are just explointing a tragedy, but that's the way american politics roll (mostly on the "progressive" side though).
Oh give me a break.

Conservatives exploit every tragedy they think could possibly be construed to give them an advantage. Muslim kills someone? Exploit. Black person shoots someone? Exploit. Heck, we've been hearing non-stop for years about what a war zone Chicago is. Cop gets murdered? Go after the left.

Old 06-23-2015, 10:15 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,493,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
I hear the 2016 version of Dukes of Hazard will have them driving a Prius with an ISIS flag on the roof and Kaitlyn Jenner will be cast as Daisy Duke, lol.
That's just a gross thought that is now stuck in my head............Bruce in a Prius

Old 06-23-2015, 10:24 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,139,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MItoBH View Post
Hmmm, as a kid growing up in Michigan, who didn't love the Dukes of Hazzard and wanted their own General Lee car? Now, the manufacturer of General Lee merchandise will no longer incorporate the confederate flag on top of the car.

What do you guys think about this? I'm glad the confederate flag merchandise will no longer be sold at major stores, but some things are going to look odd w/o it. I don't think everyone who has a confederate flag is racist, but most are. Such a messed up situation.

Warner to Stop Licensing Dukes Confederate Flag -- Vulture

"Warner Bros. Consumer Products has one licensee producing die-cast replicas and vehicle model kits featuring the General Lee with the confederate flag on its roof — as it was seen in the TV series,” a spokesman for the company said via e-mail. “We have elected to cease the licensing of these product categories." Translation: While you’ll still be able to buy a T-shirt featuring the General Lee — minus any visible sign of the flag — you won’t be able to buy any new toy cars or model kits with the car, period. The decision will only impact one company, Round 2, an Indiana-based model company which features a flag-less General Lee on the homepage of its website, touting it as “Television’s Most Famous Car.”
I think the Confederate flag is a symbol of racism. It shouldn't be on cars or merchandise.

Old 06-23-2015, 10:26 PM

2,277 posts, read 2,658,098 times
As quoted from another person on C-D.
It's a "flag of treason--a flag that was revived during the civil rights era in order to intimidate blacks. It's a thing of the past--get it out of the capitol".

Old 06-23-2015, 10:26 PM

16,637 posts, read 8,636,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLA17 View Post
All I'm hearing about is how we HAVE TO GET RID OF THE CONFEDERATE FLAG and all the statues, etc too. Where the hell did all this come from?
Three primary reasons.

First politicians want to be seen as doing something, even if it is a futile symbolic attempt to make constituents believe they finding solutions to problems of mass murderers.

Second, the liberals believe any tragedy should be exploited to the fullest extent, and they know when people are emotional and hurting, they do not think logically. So they try to pass things that the general populace wouldn't under normal circumstances.

Third, PCers have been trying to rid everyone of symbols, words, thoughts, etc. they consider to be offensive.
The Confederate flag has been on their list for many decades, and since this freak posed with one, that is all the excuse they need. You can bet that if some nut wore a Redskins jersey before killing people, they would use it as an excuse to try and force the name change.
This is just an extension of the 2nd reason, as if this will cause evil people not to commit horrible acts.

One wonders if the next time a black radical freak poses with a ANC flag before killing white people, if the same type of fervor will ensue to remove the ability to buy it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events