Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2015, 12:26 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,335,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
How do you think the presence of some men could have stopped this mentally ill young man?
Possibly the same way "some men" saved American lives by the resistance shown on United Airlines Flight 93 on 9/11/01.

I have no doubts regarding the valor of many Americans, male or female, in crisis; but I refuse to abandon the point that the NEA's push for the further feminization and politicization of our educational system may have intensified the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary.

Old 06-26-2015, 12:55 AM

2,761 posts, read 2,230,260 times
In general too much violence committed by young men of any color/religion. I'm so disgusted that men who are lost in life have to take it out on innocent people. Violent and ignorant.

Old 06-26-2015, 01:52 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
But you dont, and the same goes for Latinos. Look at the mass shootings/killings currently going on in places like Baltimore, Philly, Detroit and Chicago. These are all black on black shootings/killings. Name me one white town in this country that is experiencing these type of white on white violent crimes involving shootings/killings.

Maybe not "these type" of killings, but the overwhelming majority of white homicide victims were killed by a white perpetrator. People use the term black on black killings, but it's equally accurate to say white on white. Most homicides occur within the same racial group.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...ender_2013.xls

Old 06-26-2015, 01:57 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
In general too much violence committed by young men of any color/religion. I'm so disgusted that men who are lost in life have to take it out on innocent people. Violent and ignorant.
Maybe churches, schools, communities should be focusing more violence prevention efforts on young males. I mean starting when they are about 10 years old or something, with a focus on helping young males deal with the apparent anger and violence that a sizable minority act out.

Old 06-26-2015, 02:20 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Maybe not "these type" of killings, but the overwhelming majority of white homicide victims were killed by a white perpetrator. People use the term black on black killings, but it's equally accurate to say white on white. Most homicides occur within the same racial group.
When people refer to black on black violence what they are referring to is the extraordinarily high rate. It's not just a little higher, it's a lot higher. There is about an equal amount of murders in both races however there is 6:1 population ratio, that would mean the murder rate is 6 times as high in the black population.

Old 06-26-2015, 02:40 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck's Dad View Post
Guns legally obtained are not that readily available - especially hand guns.

To the OP, nobody seems to want to connect the dots with prescription drugs and mental illness, with black on black crime (that seems to keep popping up in the thread) nobody wants to see it as a gang/family breakdown issue.

Guns are a much easier target for the blame, but eliminating guns doesn't eliminate the issues that are driving the violence.
By what Ive read recently they are readily available lying loaded in handbags and around the house for children to pick up..they must be legal surely...and guns make it easier to kill on mass in schools etc..

Old 06-26-2015, 02:40 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLA17 View Post
The article said "As Mother Jones reported, "Since 1982, there have been at least 70 mass shootings across the country... Forty four of the killers were white males. Only one of them was a woman." So white men have been responsible for about 63 percent of mass shootings in that span, despite comprising a far smaller portion of the total population."

HUHHH??? so whites are "far fewer than 63%"???? gtfoh that's exactly what whites are in Ameria 63%...so basically whites finally committ the % of crimes that they should based on their % and we use that ONE TIME OPPORTUNITY to blame whites?? lmfaooo

69 out of 70 mass shootings were done by men...44 out of 69 were white males..so 63%..so lets blame whites for finally committing a crime at least the same % of their population % in America smh if you're gonna be racist af against some group at least be SOMEWHAT accurate.

and were gonna use 44 people since 1982 to blame white men too?

You are going to confuse people with the facts.

Old 06-26-2015, 05:25 AM

20 posts, read 14,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
Of course, but while these mass shootings committed by these young white males are disturbing, black on black shootings/killings are out of control in places like Detroit, Chicago, Baltimore, Philly, NYC.

In Baltimore alone there were 20 black on black shootings in the first 16 days of June. That's just one town.

In Philly there was a shooting involving a young black male opening fire with a shotgun at a fathers day bbq with many kids around.

In Chicago this week there were 16 shootings in a 12hr span starting on Tuesday involving a black shooter and black victims.

Just last night there were 4 people shot inside a deli in Harlem while buying groceries.

Louie0406 really are u kidding me ??????? the question was why are there so many white mass shootings and then u try to compare whats going on in baltimore philly chicago ect...
all i have to say is TiMOTHY MCVEIGH if im not mistaken WHITE MALE....that sums it up mass shooting bombings ect.. that pig killed 168 people of all race and injured what? 600 others...
minoritys usually go after whoever **** them off.99.9999999 % of the time a white male gets mad at there mom or dad or a school teacher they go kill everyone a black guy get mad they shoot the person that gets them mad and might miss by mistake and hit a bystander there are way more mass shooting done by white males then any race in usa now if you go to iraq and places like that thats a whole diffrent ball game.
Dont get me wrong wrong is wrong no matter how u look at it,
white black hispanic ect you kill someone its wrong but there are more white mass shooters then there are black mass shooters im b/w female and my kids are b/w/h so i dont have a racist bone in my body but i have to let u no to me it sounds like your trying to compare and there is no comparing blacks kill for what they dont got education money food to feed the kids police brutality that goes unpunished which isnt right but white people kill
100s of people at one time mind you cause they got audited or cause someone was teasing them in school or cause they was copying and frigging video game or movie smh...
so before you go comparing look and state all the facts or better yet dont state nothing MR.LOUIE 0406 have a nice day

Old 06-26-2015, 05:35 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Several posters here have commented about the SC shooters father giving him a gun which is untrue.

The father gave him money for his birthday and the shooter bought his own gun. He passed a background check.

Old 06-26-2015, 05:41 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,923,893 times
The fact that they're white and generally come from well-to-due backgrounds. They also do these mass spree shootings in areas with affluent white people. In the ghetto you have people killing on a regular basis but you seldom hear about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events