Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2015, 01:20 PM

13,437 posts, read 9,965,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
She knew it happened prior to 2006. She knew it when she became an adult, also years ago. The time to have taken action was then. This is about some lawyer convincing her she had a jackpot on her hands.

It's not up to us to decide when it's time for her to take action. If she wants to take it now, that's her choice.

And she would have been treated like the alleged Bill Cosby victims had she taken action prior to his public confession, most likely. She would have been accused of taking advantage of his fame either way.

And so what if he has to pay? She's not in the wrong here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2015, 01:29 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,656,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
It's not up to us to decide when it's time for her to take action. If she wants to take it now, that's her choice.

And she would have been treated like the alleged Bill Cosby victims had she taken action prior to his public confession, most likely. She would have been accused of taking advantage of his fame either way.

And so what if he has to pay? She's not in the wrong here.
This all took place before there was a TV show, so how could she have been accused to taking advantage of his fame?

Old 07-03-2015, 01:46 PM

20,127 posts, read 16,176,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
This could be the grounds used in civil suit:

This could fall under civil conspiracy - that is, the crime should have been reported to the authorities, and it should have been handled through criminal proceedings,' but wasn't' said Files.

It's very possible that since this was essentially swept under the rug at the time, finding out more of the details - and how much covering up there was - may have led to more damage to the victim.'

Read more: Josh Duggar molestation victim files suit, forces family to talk | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Then she needs to sue her parents, who allowed it to happen.

Old 07-03-2015, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
This all took place before there was a TV show, so how could she have been accused to taking advantage of his fame?
She was a minor. By the time she was old enough to file suit, without being subject to her parents wishes, there were tv shows. And the statute of limitations had run out. And he was golden boy goodie two shoes.

So it makes perfect sense to sue after he admitted his own guilt publicly.

Why is that so hard to understand?

Old 07-03-2015, 02:06 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,656,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
She was a minor. By the time she was old enough to file suit, without being subject to her parents wishes, there were tv shows. And the statute of limitations had run out. And he was golden boy goodie two shoes.

So it makes perfect sense to sue after he admitted his own guilt publicly.

Why is that so hard to understand?
How old is she? I'm guessing if she were babysitting, she was the same age as Josh or older, so she couldn't have been far from adulthood. Maybe 1-3 years? She could've filed suit then. However, we can argue back and forth allllllllllllll day, but we all know why she would want to file suit now...... almost 13 years later. We can all agree to why. That's what America is all about? The almighty dollar! Never let a good lawsuit pass you by.

Old 07-03-2015, 02:22 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,574,462 times
Quote:
Then she needs to sue her parents, who allowed it to happen.

I'd imagine since all affiliated church members, her parents, from the same school of thought as Michelle and Jim Bob.

All of this will come out in trial if Josh doesn't settle out of court.

Old 07-03-2015, 02:26 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,340,117 times
Quote:
This would be the same victim that was puzzled when the familiy came to her house and made him apologize all those years ago because she had no idea what he was talking about? But, more to the point, she's willing to out herself and face the media barrage? If she sues, since she is no longer a minor, her name will become public record. Let me guess, she'll be willing to settle out of court.
yep this is all bout that "money, money money" now I have that Usher song in my head.

Old 07-03-2015, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
How old is she? I'm guessing if she were babysitting, she was the same age as Josh or older, so she couldn't have been far from adulthood. Maybe 1-3 years? She could've filed suit then. However, we can argue back and forth allllllllllllll day, but we all know why she would want to file suit now...... almost 13 years later. We can all agree to why. That's what America is all about? The almighty dollar! Never let a good lawsuit pass you by.
You and I are not We.

If this is how she feels she gets justice, then
who are you to pass judgment?

And what don't you uunderstand about the timing potentially taken advantage of because it's out in the open now, and he can't twist it, because he has publicly stated that he's guilty.

Old 07-03-2015, 02:54 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,059,629 times
Wow, the contempt for this victim is something I cannot agree with. There is a lot of minimizing.

Old 07-03-2015, 03:02 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,574,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
Wow, the contempt for this victim is something I cannot agree with. There is a lot of minimizing.
There is some contempt.

At first glance, it appears shes trying to cash in. After a further look at the entire dynamic, including her own parents views on the subject; the victim now an adult, no longer subjected to holding those same views.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events