Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 12:02 PM

22,488 posts, read 12,039,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Except the kids that were brought here by their parents, illegally as small children.

Those kids ( I know one ) are between a rock and a hard place. This kid is a straight a student, she's been here since age 2. She's as American as you, or me, culturally. But I don't think there's a path to citizenship for her.

They could deport her, and I don't know if she even knows anyone in Mexico. Her parents broke the law, not her. Those are " the dreamers" that are often spoken about derisively.
Those "DREAMers" were raised without a moral compass. Their parents set a horrible example for them. What their parents taught them was that if you didn't want to obey the immigration laws and patiently await your turn to come here, then just thumb your nose at our laws and come here anyway.

"DREAMers" are considered to be out of status when they reach 18 1/2. At that point, it's up to them to correct their status yet so very, very few even make the effort. Instead, they whine and demand that we let them go to state schools and have the same in-state tuition as Americans. So, once they are no longer minors, and they make no effort to change their status, they, like their parents are all liars and cheats. We, as a nation, owe the "DREAMers" nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2015, 12:07 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,449,916 times
Will the perp become a member of the Northern Mexican or the Southern Mexican gang when he gets to San Q or to Pelican Bay? Oh well, It's still gonna cost 60K a year to house him...along with thousands of other Mexicans in Calif. Prisons....! Go Trump.......!

Old 07-05-2015, 12:19 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,393,624 times
It crossed my mind that he may have deliberately committed the crime in order to ensure his imprisonment here in the U.S. and therefore avoid another deportation. Makes me wonder if he was trying to avoid something in Mexico. If so, it must be something pretty darn awful if this was the better option.

Old 07-05-2015, 12:20 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,480,896 times
This guy made Donald Trump's point sadly

Old 07-05-2015, 01:14 PM

63,019 posts, read 29,223,046 times
Quote:
I don't know. I have blood relatives that I can count on one hand, so she may be from a small family. IMHO, she should be allowed to stay. Deport her parents if need be.

The kid did nothing wrong.
You're grasping at straws here. Most Mexicans come from large families. No, she should not be allowed to stay. It has nothing to do with being brought here as a child and it not being her fault. It has everything to do with illegal aliens bringing their kids here and then rewarding them by allowing their kids to remain here. The whole family needs to be deported. If only her parents were deported then we'd have hear the whining about "separation of families " thingy.

Old 07-05-2015, 01:42 PM

22,488 posts, read 12,039,050 times
Quote:
I don't know. I have blood relatives that I can count on one hand, so she may be from a small family. IMHO, she should be allowed to stay. Deport her parents if need be.

The kid did nothing wrong.
I will add one more thing --- If the kid, before turning 18 1/2 makes the effort to change his/her status, then I give them credit for that. Changing their status involves applying to go to college by using a foreign student visa. Getting a foreign student visa means going to their country of birth and applying for one at a US embassy/consulate. If the kid has been accepted to a college, then getting a student visa is no problem. Of course, doing the right thing means that they won't get cheap in-state tuition should they go to a state college.

Of course, very, very few "DREAMers" even make the effort. That's the result of being raised without a moral compass and living with parents who are long-term lawbreakers. I applaud the kid who grows up in such an environment yet endeavors to do the right thing.

Instead, most "DREAMers" demand legalization and cheap in-state tuition and whine about being victims. Again, we, as a nation, owe "DREAMers" nothing. Since when do kids think they are owed something because their parents are lawbreakers?

Old 07-05-2015, 05:37 PM

2,099 posts, read 2,280,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Been there a few times, but never by choice. Same with Chicago, Baltimore, DC and Vegas. With SF, coming into sight of the bay and city, shrouded in its,perpetual haze, just gives me the willies. The waterfront areas, I clouding the touristy piers, have a fhnky smell. Unclean. Not like Monterey or Mendocino. The sea has seen to much in the City.

Chalk it up to my rural upbringing and life. I'm used to clean air and elbow room. That, and I understand the predators out here. Their motives are far more ...noble. And, we have an understanding. I go to SF , I feel like I'm in some movie. Living there, that's totally out of the question. I can't even fatbom the thought. Yea, I know I'm probably way outnumbered in that rationale. Happy to be so.
I agree for different reasons. You like clean water and rural living. I sure do too. Do you vote for politicians that support environmental protection?

I'm a libertarian on social issues, fiscally liberal (and gee I believe in clean drinking water and air, call that liberal if you need to) and support the social safety net, but one thing trumps all that: personal safety. PC crap goes out the window for me when I feel safety is relevant. For example, I would never live in a poor urban neighborhood. Not because I'm racist, most of my neighbors and friends are black. Because the neighborhood is poor. And in a city. Hence, most likely dangerous. (that's why most of my neighbors live out of the city too including the black ones) I think Trump makes a good point, if you look at the stats, illegals are more likely to be criminals than legal immigrants. I mean, are illegals crossing the border very likely to become doctors? Sure maybe 1 a year. Let's get real. Plus, we should reduce legal and illegal immigration, because we are already at carrying capacity in a lot of ways. And notice I did not specify Mexico. We should start lowering immigration numbers across the board, except for very select professions / professionals we need. (And not scams like H1B either) If we keep dramatically growing the US population, we will all be a lot poorer. And less safe. And the environment will go to crap. Oh, that beautiful country rustic scene you painted NVplumber. That one. Gone. Too many people. All the money will be spent on services for the poor (not that there is anything conceptually wrong with that but at some point it will tax the system) and therefore less money for the EPA to make sure your drinking water isn't giving you cancer. And that may necessitate building a wall. Crazy enough for me to say. Wow, Donald Trump makes a good point. Now... that may be the only good point he's ever made.. But that, combined with better late night TV and I am kind of digging Trump lately. I'd even be fine with deploying the US military on permanent patrol and using force against the illegal drug traffickers. More so than even now. I guess I'll attacks from the right and the left now.

What do you think NVplumber and very interested in hearing what you think? Since I'll say, I loved San Fran. I'm quite a liberal gal even though I have some conservative thoughts, like on this one here, where we might agree on the point and even what to do on it! Also I liked your rustic description of the circle of life. I'm pro hunting and love watching predators do their thing out in the sticks.

We have to do something about illegal immigration. The crazy part is, big agricultural business owns the Republican party. The big ag companies want to keep illegals, so they can pay them nothing.

Old 07-05-2015, 06:34 PM

35,188 posts, read 17,102,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
It's not the first time.

Edwin Ramos -- an illegal alien and MS-13 gang member that San Francisco protected under its sanctuary policy -- killed Anthony Bologna and his two sons, Michael and Matthew, in 2008.

I remember visiting the city a couple of weeks after the shooting, and San Franciscans appeared not to care.

San Francisco is a great place to visit if you're willing to spend big bucks. But keep mind that it's liberal Disneyland and it encourages crime, filth and psychotic behavior.
Look, it is important that the U.S. house every single loser the world can generate. The Mayor of San Fransisco and our President must be bighearted, generous people. I'm sure they're bleeding hearts with their own money as well as being generous with mine.

Old 07-05-2015, 09:54 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,652,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavannahLife View Post
I agree for different reasons. You like clean water and rural living. I sure do too. Do you vote for politicians that support environmental protection?

I'm a libertarian on social issues, fiscally liberal (and gee I believe in clean drinking water and air, call that liberal if you need to) and support the social safety net, but one thing trumps all that: personal safety. PC crap goes out the window for me when I feel safety is relevant. For example, I would never live in a poor urban neighborhood. Not because I'm racist, most of my neighbors and friends are black. Because the neighborhood is poor. And in a city. Hence, most likely dangerous. (that's why most of my neighbors live out of the city too including the black ones) I think Trump makes a good point, if you look at the stats, illegals are more likely to be criminals than legal immigrants. I mean, are illegals crossing the border very likely to become doctors? Sure maybe 1 a year. Let's get real. Plus, we should reduce legal and illegal immigration, because we are already at carrying capacity in a lot of ways. And notice I did not specify Mexico. We should start lowering immigration numbers across the board, except for very select professions / professionals we need. (And not scams like H1B either) If we keep dramatically growing the US population, we will all be a lot poorer. And less safe. And the environment will go to crap. Oh, that beautiful country rustic scene you painted NVplumber. That one. Gone. Too many people. All the money will be spent on services for the poor (not that there is anything conceptually wrong with that but at some point it will tax the system) and therefore less money for the EPA to make sure your drinking water isn't giving you cancer. And that may necessitate building a wall. Crazy enough for me to say. Wow, Donald Trump makes a good point. Now... that may be the only good point he's ever made.. But that, combined with better late night TV and I am kind of digging Trump lately. I'd even be fine with deploying the US military on permanent patrol and using force against the illegal drug traffickers. More so than even now. I guess I'll attacks from the right and the left now.

What do you think NVplumber and very interested in hearing what you think? Since I'll say, I loved San Fran. I'm quite a liberal gal even though I have some conservative thoughts, like on this one here, where we might agree on the point and even what to do on it! Also I liked your rustic description of the circle of life. I'm pro hunting and love watching predators do their thing out in the sticks.

We have to do something about illegal immigration. The crazy part is, big agricultural business owns the Republican party. The big ag companies want to keep illegals, so they can pay them nothing.

I moved from the small town I grew up in 2 years ago. The illegal population there is out of control, because of greedy ag. Places that used to be senior citizen retirement neighborhoods, in town, are now little Tijuana. Filled with Mexican meth slingers. The schools and the county hospital are overwhelmed with the numbers, as well. The hospital and local clinic can't keep up. The hospital is really bad off. They have to provide care, but aren't getting paid, and the quality of care has slid off badly. The good doctors all left.

The ad illegal element came in with GBE massive numbers of transient workers for harvest. They just didn't leave. Over the last ten years, that's added up. Gradual takeover. Were it up to me, I would slam the Southern border, plumb shut. But, I'm afeared, it may be too late to matter. The cancer has megastjsized to the vitals.

I'm actually a somewhat right leaning moderate. I support some environmental measures, oppose others. Deep do v on their practicality and sense. Totally anti illegal immigrant. I've no compassion for them. I grew up ranching. Looking at life from the back of a horse. I'm pro farming and ranching, but, the Mexican labor entrenched in and encouraged by big money, corporate , outfits, needs to go away. American need to ruck up, and take those jobs again. We never employed a single illegal Mexican. Lot of local high school kids buckarooed for us and our partner outfits, especially in Summer. Those times need to come again.

Alas,, against , its probably to late. Family farms and ranches have been gobbled up by big ag corps. Construction and manufacturing are pretty well sewed up to. And Mexican labor has a lock, except on manufacturing, which is going to China. I live on the outskirts of Carson City now. Made a new life here. I don't go back to my hometown at all. Its not home anymore. With the drought lately, the huge influx of illegal ag workers has dropped way off, but the nasty types keep coming anyway. Supporting the meth market. The good old days are gone..forever, I fear.

Old 07-05-2015, 09:58 PM

42,867 posts, read 26,350,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
What ends up happening , since a long wags back. An "immigrant" influx, gone over the top, pushing outward and staking out ground. Straining at the borders between the established and what they would see it made into. Pushing the established population out, and remaking the vacated space. Filling vaccums isn't any problem.

San Francisco did this to themselves. Being a "sanctuary city", they've thrown open the doors, and laid down the red carpet, for a total makeover of the city. Despite a skyrocketing number of incidents like the one being discussed here, the general attitude that they are doing the good and right thing , prevails. They see the city as a shining beacon of hope, state ding with open arms. What they don't see, is what WAS once beautiful being torn to shreds.

It equates to being so tender hearted, as to allow mice and other vermin, to propagate in your house, rather than limiting their numbers to at least manageable, if not convincing them to seek life elsewhere, altogether. Pretty soon you're hip deep in them. They're into your food, your bedding, your space, in general. Left unchecked, the situation will rapidly become a total loss.
And northern nevada has no crime and no immigrants, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events