Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 01:16 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I understand, and I read the post you are referring to. My point was that "if" the problem in SF is due to a red carpet and sanctuary law for illegals, then how can the same problem be occurring in NV which has no sanctuary law and has never laid out a 'red carpet' for immigrants. And I'm not trying to fight with you I just think that your attempt to link causation between a tragic death and a sanctuary policy is incorrect
Oh my. Do I really have to line that out? San Fran is a Hub. Its a short jump from there to the onion fields , here, AND, a safe place to figure out where to go. The carpet HAS been laid out here, in NV, via corpag. Also via construction "contractors", in cahoots with big LLC, real estate . Its not that complicated. Supply and demand.

Without the sanctuary policy, this low life wouldn't have been on that pier, hiding amongst all those "poor dreamers", to begin with. Posi g as a ready, willing ,onion picker. Him, and thousands more like him. Without the demand , by big ag, up here, guys like him wouldn't be here. Or, at least, would have a harder time slipping in.

Slam the border shut! Hold city's like SF accountable for violating the law. Along with big ag, for helping them. Clean these rags OUT of our houses! Quit giving them safe haven. Sheesh....what's so hard to understand? If you want to live around these people, move to SF. Help smuggle them up here. Hell, you can be a coyote in a field full of rats. Fat and happy.

Instead of just watching the situation grow, and just nodding your head, and smiling, supporting it, via your vote, grab hold of the "dream". Correlation and causation?: Its not that ...scientific.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2015, 01:22 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
This wasn't incompetence. It was blatant disregard for the law.

Funny, liberals all celebrated and lit up the rainbows when it was declared that federal law trumps state law, but they will cling to their "right" to harbor illegals, federal law be darned. SF refuses to comply with ICE detainer requests.

And here is the result. A criminal with an ILLEGAL gun, in this country ILLEGALLY, and allowed to be released by the CRIMINAL city of SF. Because of that, this woman is dead. Gavin Newsome, who so publicly trumpeted the greatness of this lawlessness, has blood on his hands for sure.
I agree, and I do still consider it incompetence on the part of the city. Failure to preview the law of unintended consequences before passing stupid legislation is incompetence, and often corruption.

I'm pretty sure my hometown is a sanctuary city as well. Something I strongly disagree with. That said, we need intelligent immigration reform, but it's just not going to happen because people too far to the right and too far to the left have a crusader mentality, when what is really needed is a serious, nuanced discussion with the risks/ benefits of their decisions thoroughly analyzed.

I'm afraid that won't happen under our current system.

Old 07-06-2015, 02:11 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
It doesn't sound altother true, ( he didn't "find" sleeping pills in all likelihood). But, it does sound likely that it was a freak accident. The part that really pissed me off was the fact that ICE asked the San Francisco PD to hand that guy back over when he served his short sentence, and they didn't do it. Incompetence sometimes has terrible consequences.

I'm terribly sorry for the victim and her family.
I agree and my guess is some heads will roll in the Sheriff's office for that stunt.

Old 07-06-2015, 02:14 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,464,617 times
Murders do happen but the likelihood of being a murder victim if you not involved in crime is still very very slim, most murder victims I have read about were involved in the drug trade, young kids living in inner city involved in street crime like petty theft or in a nasty domestic dispute, its extremely rare to have a case of a random murder other than a serial killer. Kinda of a shocking and surprising case but anything can happen to you in life.

Old 07-06-2015, 02:21 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,258,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Why on earth would you say that about liberals? Because we'd like clean water, decent education, paying our dues to the vets who served, decent living conditions for our elderly and disabled, as well as our babies?

Not sure who brainwashed you, but they did a helluva job.
This may be what YOU want but what he describes are the RESULTS of liberal policies. What are they?

1. Tolerating crime on the pretext that those who commit crimes are “disenfranchised” and we should “understand" their rage. This is exactly what the mayor of Baltimore said. Police retrenched and crimeis through the roof. Get the picture?

2. Buying votes. I think it is pretty clear by now what the purpose of going easy on illegal aliens is. Thye try to cury favor with the larger population of Latinos. The calculation is that going soft on the likes of Sanchez would endear them to anyone with Hispanic name. So Sanches goes free and if he kills someone, oh well, everybody dies somehow. If he can get us a 1000 votes, it is worth it.

Clean water and decent education has nothing to do with what you think your party stands for.

Old 07-06-2015, 02:25 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,258,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Murders do happen but the likelihood of being a murder victim if you not involved in crime is still very very slim,
Easy for you to say when you are alive and well but for Kate Steinle the likelihood was 100%. That’s all that matters. This is the sort of thinking that makes the next and the next tragedy possible.

Old 07-06-2015, 02:31 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Oh my. Do I really have to line that out? San Fran is a Hub. Its a short jump from there to the onion fields , here, AND, a safe place to figure out where to go. The carpet HAS been laid out here, in NV, via corpag. Also via construction "contractors", in cahoots with big LLC, real estate . Its not that complicated. Supply and demand.

Without the sanctuary policy, this low life wouldn't have been on that pier, hiding amongst all those "poor dreamers", to begin with. Posi g as a ready, willing ,onion picker. Him, and thousands more like him. Without the demand , by big ag, up here, guys like him wouldn't be here. Or, at least, would have a harder time slipping in.

Slam the border shut! Hold city's like SF accountable for violating the law. Along with big ag, for helping them. Clean these rags OUT of our houses! Quit giving them safe haven. Sheesh....what's so hard to understand? If you want to live around these people, move to SF. Help smuggle them up here. Hell, you can be a coyote in a field full of rats. Fat and happy.

Instead of just watching the situation grow, and just nodding your head, and smiling, supporting it, via your vote, grab hold of the "dream". Correlation and causation?: Its not that ...scientific.
The scumbag admitted he was in SF because of the sanctuary law.

I love how the feds hold federal money hostage for all sorts of reasons to conservative states, but would never do that for liberal ones.

The only plus is that the idiots in CA that voted in the morons that are flaunting the law have to live with the consequences.

Old 07-06-2015, 02:33 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
This may be what YOU want but what he describes are the RESULTS of liberal policies. What are they?

1. Tolerating crime on the pretext that those who commit crimes are “disenfranchised” and we should “understand" their rage. This is exactly what the mayor of Baltimore said. Police retrenched and crimeis through the roof. Get the picture?

2. Buying votes. I think it is pretty clear by now what the purpose of going easy on illegal aliens is. Thye try to cury favor with the larger population of Latinos. The calculation is that going soft on the likes of Sanchez would endear them to anyone with Hispanic name. So Sanches goes free and if he kills someone, oh well, everybody dies somehow. If he can get us a 1000 votes, it is worth it.

Clean water and decent education has nothing to do with what you think your party stands for.
I'll respectfully disagree. Most Dems I know want immigration reform, good care for our vets, own guns, and want to leave a better place for our kids.

Perhaps it's something you should think about. The wackos on the far left don't represent the entire Democratic Party. I don't know who told you that we love criminals, illegal immigration, deviancy, etc. But, they did a good job convincing you.

Old 07-06-2015, 02:49 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
SF is a heaven that attacts violent illegals and the tenderloin is not far away really. One of its drug zombies leaving to hunt like a shark likely.

Old 07-06-2015, 03:01 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post

You are right back to making the same argument that you started with. How can you claim with any authority that this crime would not have occurred if SF did not have a sanctuary policy? Your claim that it was responsible for this crime is actually a classic example of confusing correlation with causation.

Reno is a hot mess and has no "sanctuary policy" so if SF's sanctuary policy were to blame, then Reno should not have any problems at all with undocumented people, right? But even without sanctuary laws, Nevada has the largest number of illegals by a percentage of population in the US and a very high crime rate.

Oh and by the way there are onion fields not too far from Reno,it's one of the few things that will grow there. And did you know that Nevada deports prison inmates before they even serve their full sentence? How many of them do you think came right back to NV? https://www.prisonlegalnews.org/news...early-release/

Who ever made the decision to let this guy go when he had been arrested before should be held accountable for that, but I don't see where the ordinance permits it.

San Francisco Sanctuary Ordinance:
SEC. 12H.2-1. CHAPTER PROVISIONS INAPPLICABLE TO PERSONS CONVICTED OF CERTAIN CRIMES.
Nothing in this Chapter shall prohibit, or be construed as prohibiting, a law enforcement officer from identifying and reporting any person pursuant to State or federal law or regulation who is in custody after being booked for the alleged commission of a felony and is suspected of violating the civil provisions of the immigration laws. In addition, nothing in this Chapter shall preclude any City and County department, agency, commission, officer or employee from (a) reporting information to the INS regarding an individual who has been booked at any county jail facility, and who has previously been convicted of a felony committed in violation of the laws of the State of California, which is still considered a felony under State law; (b) cooperating with an INS request for information regarding an individual who has been convicted of a felony committed in violation of the laws of the State of California, which is still considered a felony under state law; or (c) reporting information as required by federal or state statute, regulation or court decision, regarding an individual who has been convicted of a felony committed in violation of the laws of the State of California, which is still considered a felony under state law. For purposes of this Section, an individual has been "convicted" of a felony when: (a) there has been a conviction by a court of competent jurisdiction; and (b) all direct appeal rights have been exhausted or waived; or (c) the appeal period has lapsed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events