Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 09:27 AM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times

Advertisements

Horrible and terrifying. Unreal that the news crew was mugged while reporting on site.

Woman shot to death at busy San Francisco tourist attraction | Boston Herald

Quote:
Kathryn "Kate" Steinle was out for an evening stroll with her father along the San Francisco waterfront when she was killed by a man who police said she didn't know.

The shooting occurred Wednesday evening while still light at Pier 14 — one of the busiest tourist destinations in the city, a place where people gather to take in the views, joggers exercise, and families push strollers at all hours.

Liz Sullivan told the San Francisco Chronicle (Woman killed in shooting on Pier 14 - SFGate) the killing of her daughter was unbelievable and surreal.

"I don't think I've totally grasped it," Sullivan said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2015, 09:57 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
I missed this story, so thanks for sharing. Strangely, two different news crews were mugged and a cameraman pistol whipped the next morning while reporting from the scene. Kind of shocking for that part of town, because the Embarcadero is crawling with tourists this time of year and generally considered safe. So sad for the family. I can only imagine their grief.

Old 07-03-2015, 10:04 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
Reminds of that woman in Helen Georgia who was killed while walking down the street last year.

Turns out some knucklehead had his gun accidentally go off and the bullet ricocheted across the street and killed a tourist from Texas who was just strolling along.

Stray bullet wounds man, kills tourist in north Georgia | www.wsbtv.com

Old 07-03-2015, 10:15 AM

1,588 posts, read 2,532,400 times
They just need more hugs and health care they really are good people they just had bad upbringings and drugs tempted them into a life of crime. Really these guys need permanent shelter and a safe place they need to be rehabilitated. Really these guys are the victims, they are just a product of a society with tons of socioeconomic and wealth inequality. They did not make any of their own decisions corporate fatcats and republicans are to blame here really.

-signed any wacky San Fransisco lib with Coexist bumper stickers on a Prius.

Old 07-03-2015, 10:26 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
San Fran has a really filthy underbelly. The city gives me the creeps. Most any huge, metro, gives me the creeps, but San Fran UST has a feel about it that makes me want to just stay plumb out of there. I'll take my vacations in the mountains, or out in the desert. The less people the better. And I can carry my own gun out in the scrub, and have my four legged, fur bearing alarm system with me too.

Old 07-03-2015, 10:30 AM

50,308 posts, read 47,056,299 times
They should ban those AR-15s!

Old 07-03-2015, 11:06 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAMG View Post
They just need more hugs and health care they really are good people they just had bad upbringings and drugs tempted them into a life of crime. Really these guys need permanent shelter and a safe place they need to be rehabilitated. Really these guys are the victims, they are just a product of a society with tons of socioeconomic and wealth inequality. They did not make any of their own decisions corporate fatcats and republicans are to blame here really.

-signed any wacky San Fransisco lib with Coexist bumper stickers on a Prius.
My guess is that he was high as the sun on some really nasty drug. Like meth, bath salts, PCP, Crack.

If so, here is how I'd handle it if I had my way:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...g-problem.html

It'd keep destructive high people out of society, allow them to kill themselves/each other off, and once everything is established, reduce government spending in the long run.

Old 07-03-2015, 11:12 AM

2,366 posts, read 1,647,517 times
Quote:
The man suspected of gunning down a young woman at random at a popular San Francisco tourist spot on Wednesday has been “deported to Mexico several times,” according to a report by the local ABC News affiliate.
What happened to this young woman is what Donald Trump is warning us about. Even if you don't like the man, pay attention to his message. It's only going to get worse if we don't enforce immigration law.

Rest in peace Kathryn.

Old 07-03-2015, 11:48 AM

6,230 posts, read 3,610,170 times
Just another hard-working, undocumented immigrant who came to make a better way of life for his family. *Infuriating.*

Old 07-03-2015, 11:55 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Why is there suddenly so much crime at Pier 14? Why did news crews get attacked? What's going on around there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events