Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2015, 12:24 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,568,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
The only pain I'd feel would be the pain in my knuckles. I sincerely hope if I were defending myself from a woman who doesn't know how to keep her hands to herself a man who could've pulled her away from me and chastised her for her actions, but instead would attempt to assault me.

I'll make my personal trainer proud...

That men don't hit women rhetoric is so overused and idiotic, it's not funny. There's absolutely no logic in that statement, and of course nobody responded to my previous question because it's irrefutable.

I wouldn't (although I'd respond with some pretty vile stuff) hit anyone for saying anything to me racial slurs or not, but man or woman DON'T put your hands on me.
Were you raised to think hitting a woman is OK or did this evolve over time? Just wondering how you got this demented behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 01:12 PM

78,547 posts, read 60,749,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Since none of us were there, we don't know what happened. She looks pretty upset in the photos I saw, so it's possible he wasn't just trying to belly up to the bar.

Having said that, anyone who thinks a punch from a woman warrants a return punch from a man, let alone a conditioned, strong, football player, is twisted.
How is that "empowering"?

Why should gender matter in this instance or if a smaller guy antagonizes and hits a bigger guy he should get punched just because he's got a penis but a smaller girl should not?

I don't endorse punching ANYBODY but this is a really interesting case where you have people stating that there should NOT be gender equality when it comes to defending yourself from an assault....yet we have demands to allow women into various roles like fireman, military etc. and that we are bad people if we balk at it over their physical abilities.

Honestly, you cannot claim to be gender fair and empowering if you are going to give people passes like in these situations.

Old 07-08-2015, 01:14 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,480,896 times
Guy ruined his CFL career, damn what a tool. He could have been huge in Canada making 80k a year, now its back to Taco Bell for him..they offer a robust 8.00 an hour to start.

Old 07-08-2015, 01:15 PM

73,087 posts, read 62,726,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
Hope this isn't turned into one of those threads.

Still, no matter what she did, he was dead wrong for that. Men should never hit women, imo.
Judging by the very first post, I think it will. There is a constant inclination to complain about "those people" at every chance.

Old 07-08-2015, 01:16 PM

78,547 posts, read 60,749,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Were you raised to think hitting a woman is OK or did this evolve over time? Just wondering how you got this demented behavior.
I have a 30yr old female friend that could beat up my father and most other guys his age.

If someone like her were mugging him or mistook him for a prison escapee etc. should he fight back?

Old 07-08-2015, 01:21 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,352,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Demented, LOL.

Scenarios I don't think are ok. Assaulting a woman for talking back, not doing what you told her, not cooking, etc... I think people who abuse their sexual partners are the scum of the Earth along with child molesters

I was raised to keep your hands to yourself, treat others how you'd want to be treated, respect your elders, etc... I was also raised to standup for yourself.

I don't care who you are, you hit me expect the same. There's nothing I can say that justifies you losing control and striking me. Every action has an reaction. Like I said earlier which everyone seems to miss, not every male is equal in strength, should a bodybuilder just 'walk away' from a scrawny man who lacks self-discipline and decides it's ok to assault anyone who says something he doesn't like?

Old 07-08-2015, 01:22 PM

16,644 posts, read 8,656,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Please find where I justified what he did. Oh, I'll wait.

It's common sense. You say or do something to someone you don't know, there may be consequences for that, whether their response is right or wrong. I'm sure you're an adult and not a child, so I'm confused as to why I'm the one who has to break this to you.

She shouldn't have gotten popped like that, but I will not feel bad for someone who so freely uses any slur to a complete stranger, especially over something as trivial as getting bumped into.

Lol, no one is bothered by your tough internet words.
For starters, you seem to have an issue with internet words/discussions for some reason. Regardless, why would you think I care one way or the other about how my "tough internet words" (whatever that means) might bother someone?

As to justification, unless you don't understand what I was saying, no you didn't justify it. Yet you still empathized with someone who would physically assault another person for being called a racial slur.
I am saying there is no empathy on my part in the slightest, nor should there be by anyone. He was wrong to hit a woman, PERIOD.

If I were on his jury and the defense team claimed he lost his temper because she called him a name, it wouldn't cut any ice with me.
Why?
Simple, because unlike you, I cannot even empathize with him due to the fact I do not believe in raising my hand against a woman, PERIOD!

Old 07-08-2015, 01:24 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,352,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
It's useless for those of us who don't believe hitting a woman is okay, to argue with people who fantasize about a scenario where she hits first, and therefore "has it coming to her". They obviously want to believe they're seeing her attack him to justify her black eye, etc.

You just cannot argue with thugs.
There's the magic word!

Thug | Definition of thug by Merriam-Webster

Question, how can you call someone a 'thug' when I'm almost positive you don't know the criminal backgrounds of anyone on this site?

Old 07-08-2015, 01:24 PM

379 posts, read 360,117 times
Sadly not surprised there's a lot of wimpy guys on City Data who are into punching women.

Old 07-08-2015, 01:26 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,480,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne Bjornson View Post
Sadly not surprised there's a lot of wimpy guys on City Data who are into punching women.
CD I agree is a bunch of fake tough guys won't can't get laid mostly, not me of course I enjoy my life I do not obsess over public transit, look like a hipster or wear skinny jeans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events