Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2015, 01:45 PM

379 posts, read 359,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
What is a borderline stormfronters?
all the nazi racist dudes who haven't worked up the gumption to take the next step into straight up white power websites.
I.e. all the people on the Current Events forum who post stuff like murder news that have NO mention of the victims and a lot of mentions of 'thugs'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 01:55 PM

16,614 posts, read 8,625,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post
It's ridiculous that a 19 year old may have his life ruined because of a 15 second episode that was clearly instigated by the girl. She apparently will walk away from this with no repercussion at all. She'll just scream victimhood.
Instigated or not, it was not the girl who threw his fist into her. He did that all by himself.
Should his life be ruined over this one incident? No, but then again you and I might have very different ways of defining his life being ruined. Now if you mean having his football career adversely affected, I think he should.
He can play elsewhere after at least a years suspension. Actions/behavior have consequences.

I have serious doubts this was a first time mistake. If you have it in you to hit a woman, that is likely the only time he has been caught doing it.

As to her walking away, what exactly do you think should happen to her

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post
As far as the "never hit a girl" claims. That's easy for anyone to say but in circumstances like the one here, nobody can say for certain how he/she would respond. If someone feels threatened, any person may respond.
WRONG

I have never hit a girl/woman. At worst I might have pushed/pulled one away, trying to break up a cat fight or keep them from getting out of hand toward a child. However it is not in me to punch a woman. So I cannot ever see a situation to where I would strike a woman. Your speculation is therefore flawed as I know people that were raised like me, and would react in the same/similar way I would.

`

Old 07-08-2015, 02:08 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,177,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I still have no clue what you mean by tough internet words, as I was not being rude/insulting to anyone. Regardless, the distinction you are trying to make is hardly worth mentioning or taking into account. For lack of a better way to put it, women lash out with words, and that is just something men must accept.
Granted if as a guy you go running around insulting other men, sooner or later you will have someone clean your clock.

Whether you feel better or worse for her is really irrelevant to the fact she was assaulted. So can I understand your nuanced point? I guess if you mean might I think she is a nasty person, the answer is yes.
But I certainly do not lessen my disgust at a man hitting a woman, regardless of the reason. I cannot empathize with the coward in any way shape of form.

`
You insinuated that you're going to fight/beat up anyone that hits a woman, racial slur or not. I'm not sure the honor of a woman, especially if she sounds trashy, is worth getting arrested or potentially beat up.

I think you're getting it, she could've spat in his face or made fun of a deceased relative, I still would not empathize/sympathize with him.

I'm only stating that what little shred of sympathy I had for her went out the window when she hurled out a slur to a stranger.

Not that she cares, because we supposedly know how she feels about black people.

Old 07-08-2015, 02:20 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,577,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
You insinuated that you're going to fight/beat up anyone that hits a woman, racial slur or not. I'm not sure the honor of a woman, especially if she sounds trashy, is worth getting arrested or potentially beat up.
I remember a awhile back in Chicago some guy tried to help a woman getting beaten on by her boyfriend. He got beat up badly and she walked away hanging on the guy's arm. lmao

Old 07-08-2015, 02:24 PM

847 posts, read 767,401 times
This is outrageous!

where the hell are the Feminists!

The girl clearly initiates the brawl. tries to him multiple times (lands a few soft blows to his face and groin)

He tries to restrain her. She is clearly verbally abusing him all along.

and if he hits her once! and then walks away! His life must be ended!

And all along she is just fine still standing there. There does not seem to be any blood.

nothing. She starts a fight and then He gets prosecuted.

Old 07-08-2015, 02:46 PM

78,452 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Women have the right to do the job of a man if they can pass the physical requirements. I don't see how that has anything to do with this and it's just a lame attempt to find another excuse to beat on a woman.

Equal rights means some women can do jobs men have traditionally done. Equal rights does not mean equal strength. How can you be Mathguy if you can't figure out a simple equation?
1) FDNY drops physical test requirement amid low female hiring rate | New York Post

I made the point that people are pushing for UNEQUAL treatment and there are numerous sources backing that up.

2) Your attempt to dismiss my arguments as some sort of excuse to beat on women is reprehensible.

In summary what we have here is the problem that you were not smart enough to follow the logic so you changed the premise into a strawman attack and tossed a comment about beating women in for good measure.

I guess I will play along. Deep down we have some bullies around here that want to be able to beat anyone they want and not get beat back. No doubt they prefer to beat children when no one is around to see it and are enraged by the presence of some in society that they could not successfully beat.

Old 07-08-2015, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne Bjornson View Post
I know, i have a sick problem with trawling around in the dark corners of the internet.
You think THIS is a dark corner of the internet......

Old 07-08-2015, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne Bjornson View Post
all the nazi racist dudes who haven't worked up the gumption to take the next step into straight up white power websites.
I.e. all the people on the Current Events forum who post stuff like murder news that have NO mention of the victims and a lot of mentions of 'thugs'
So Arne, back to topic and this is indeed an interesting debate issue. Let's have an engaging discussion so you are not just wallowing in this dark corner so to speak.

Me personally, I find it offensive and patronizing to women to make blanket claims that fighting back against one is "unfair" or "ungentlemanly". It's a 19th century view where women were weak and needed protection and were the "fairer sex".

We had a video posted a while back where a female fast food worker beat a young lady badly in front of her child for getting her in trouble. The attacker was at least 200lbs and young and knew how to fight. The victim was half her size and stood no chance.

What would you have done if you were there? Would you have watched? Would you have fought the one to prevent what looked to be a potentially life threatening beating? Would you have consoled the child if the mother were killed in the assault?

Frankly, there are no easy answers and as such I think that blanket statements about "not hitting girls" are a bunch of antiquated sexist garbage. There are indeed scenarios where one may be forced to do so depending on the variables and circumstances....and again, it's offensive to automatically assume that the guy would even win.

Old 07-08-2015, 03:11 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,033,646 times
The women was drunk & foul but the ex football player should not of hit her. Why was a 19 yr old in a bar ?

Old 07-08-2015, 03:24 PM

379 posts, read 359,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
So Arne, back to topic and this is indeed an interesting debate issue. Let's have an engaging discussion so you are not just wallowing in this dark corner so to speak.

Me personally, I find it offensive and patronizing to women to make blanket claims that fighting back against one is "unfair" or "ungentlemanly". It's a 19th century view where women were weak and needed protection and were the "fairer sex".

We had a video posted a while back where a female fast food worker beat a young lady badly in front of her child for getting her in trouble. The attacker was at least 200lbs and young and knew how to fight. The victim was half her size and stood no chance.

What would you have done if you were there? Would you have watched? Would you have fought the one to prevent what looked to be a potentially life threatening beating? Would you have consoled the child if the mother were killed in the assault?

Frankly, there are no easy answers and as such I think that blanket statements about "not hitting girls" are a bunch of antiquated sexist garbage. There are indeed scenarios where one may be forced to do so depending on the variables and circumstances....and again, it's offensive to automatically assume that the guy would even win.
A unrelated incident that is not anything like the OP does not seem like getting "back to topic." Start a new thread if you want to discuss a different Worldstar beatdown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events