Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2015, 01:27 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,172,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
For starters, you seem to have an issue with internet words/discussions for some reason. Regardless, why would you think I care one way or the other about how my "tough internet words" (whatever that means) might bother someone?

As to justification, unless you don't understand what I was saying, no you didn't justify it. Yet you still empathized with someone who would physically assault another person for being called a racial slur.
I am saying there is no empathy on my part in the slightest, nor should there be by anyone. He was wrong to hit a woman, PERIOD.

If I were on his jury and the defense team claimed he lost his temper because she called him a name, it wouldn't cut any ice with me.
Why?
Simple, because unlike you, I cannot even empathize with him due to the fact I do not believe in raising my hand against a woman, PERIOD!
For starters, I didn't give your tough internet words any thought, because I really don't care. They made me laugh, and then that was the end of that.

I don't empathize with Johnson, my first post was in this thread was saying how stupid he was for losing his scholarship. The fact that she may have called him the n word doesn't make me feel for him any more or less, it just makes me not feel bad for her at all.

Can you understand that?

Oh, PERIOD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 01:28 PM

16,582 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Judging by the very first post, I think it will. There is a constant inclination to complain about "those people" at every chance.
I know you were speaking to another poster. However I have not looked at this from a racial angle, as my view is grounded in right vs. wrong, regardless of the race of the person. Yet, it seems logical to me that fatherless boys will be more likely to commit violence against women, having never had a strong hand/influence to teach them better.
With unbelievably horrible numbers of close to 70% of black kids being born out of wedlock today, it is little wonder why someone does not correlate the two.

Old 07-08-2015, 01:28 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
How is that "empowering"?

Why should gender matter in this instance or if a smaller guy antagonizes and hits a bigger guy he should get punched just because he's got a penis but a smaller girl should not?

I don't endorse punching ANYBODY but this is a really interesting case where you have people stating that there should NOT be gender equality when it comes to defending yourself from an assault....yet we have demands to allow women into various roles like fireman, military etc. and that we are bad people if we balk at it over their physical abilities.

Honestly, you cannot claim to be gender fair and empowering if you are going to give people passes like in these situations.

Like I posted last night, if we find out she hit him first, then the conversation changes. If a woman goes and punches a man, he can restrain her while he calls the police. If she's fighting back and he cannot restrain her, he gets to fight back. A punch of a woman does not usually equal the punch coming from a man, but if she punches first and he's at risk of being hurt, he defends himself. A punch from a woman, or from Joe Average, will more than likely NEVER equal a punch coming from a football player.

I believe the article I read stating what the court report showed before I believe the football player or a video where everyone watching is only guessing at what they see.

I do not see where he was at risk of being hurt, despite what the misogynists want to fantasize about.

Women have the right to do the job of a man if they can pass the physical requirements. I don't see how that has anything to do with this and it's just a lame attempt to find another excuse to beat on a woman.

Equal rights means some women can do jobs men have traditionally done. Equal rights does not mean equal strength. How can you be Mathguy if you can't figure out a simple equation?

Old 07-08-2015, 01:30 PM

379 posts, read 359,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
CD I agree is a bunch of fake tough guys won't can't get laid mostly, not me of course I enjoy my life I do not obsess over public transit, look like a hipster or wear skinny jeans.
I doubt there are any hipsters on city data. it seems more like old people, borderline stormfronters and just straight up losers.

Old 07-08-2015, 01:37 PM

732 posts, read 1,045,931 times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGGdlL5U61U

Basically, it was just a scuffle between 2 young people at a crowded bar. From watching the video repeatedly, she gets to the open spot at the bar first.

He tries to slide into an open space besides her and ends up brushing up against her as there is simply no room to avoid doing so. Is this his first "assault" so many people are talking about? Ridiculous. He doesn't even seem to be aware of her. There's just no way to avoid touching her in such close quarters.

She then twists her head around to look at him and apparently says some things. While doing this, it then looks as though she sticks her left forearm out into his body and she starts aggressively jawing at him. She then raises her balled right fist, while continuing to yell at him. He grabs her right arm and they struggle, she then hits him with her balled left fist while also sticking her leg into his legs or possibly groin.

After her punch, he hits her and walks away. The whole thing lasts about 15 seconds.

She clearly instigated and escalated the entire encounter. Any unbiased person can see that. This kind of thing happens all the time in bars. Not right but it's a fact when you have drinking/drunk people in crowded situations.

Now, as for the PC part. It's ridiculous that a 19 year old may have his life ruined because of a 15 second episode that was clearly instigated by the girl. She apparently will walk away from this with no repercussion at all. She'll just scream victimhood.

As far as the "never hit a girl" claims. That's easy for anyone to say but in circumstances like the one here, nobody can say for certain how he/she would respond. If someone feels threatened, any person may respond. Clearly, regardless of whether she was "just a girl", she was behaving in an aggressive, threatening way.

PC will dominate of course. No college will dare give the young man a chance. The bad publicity would be too damning.

As for the girl? Maybe she'll just be the next poster child for perpetual victimhood.

Old 07-08-2015, 01:39 PM

16,582 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
For starters, I didn't give your tough internet words any thought, because I really don't care. They made me laugh, and then that was the end of that.

I don't empathize with Johnson, my first post was in this thread was saying how stupid he was for losing his scholarship. The fact that she may have called him the n word doesn't make me feel for him any more or less, it just makes me not feel bad for her at all. .

Can you understand that?
I still have no clue what you mean by tough internet words, as I was not being rude/insulting to anyone. Regardless, the distinction you are trying to make is hardly worth mentioning or taking into account. For lack of a better way to put it, women lash out with words, and that is just something men must accept.
Granted if as a guy you go running around insulting other men, sooner or later you will have someone clean your clock.

Whether you feel better or worse for her is really irrelevant to the fact she was assaulted. So can I understand your nuanced point? I guess if you mean might I think she is a nasty person, the answer is yes.
But I certainly do not lessen my disgust at a man hitting a woman, regardless of the reason. I cannot empathize with the coward in any way shape of form.

`

Old 07-08-2015, 01:39 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,467,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne Bjornson View Post
I doubt there are any hipsters on city data. it seems more like old people, borderline stormfronters and just straight up losers.
What is a borderline stormfronters? I do agree about the straight up losers, this site has a lot of trolls and fake tough guys for some reason. I don't get the old man vibe here either.

Old 07-08-2015, 01:43 PM

335 posts, read 376,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne Bjornson View Post
You are here.

Old 07-08-2015, 01:44 PM

379 posts, read 359,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickdoo View Post
You are here.
I know, i have a sick problem with trawling around in the dark corners of the internet.

Old 07-08-2015, 01:45 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,348,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post
Basically, it was just a scuffle between 2 young people at a crowded bar. From watching the video repeatedly, she gets to the open spot at the bar first.

He tries to slide into an open space besides her and ends up brushing up against her as there is simply no room to avoid doing so. Is this his first "assault" so many people are talking about? Ridiculous. He doesn't even seem to be aware of her. There's just no way to avoid touching her in such close quarters.

She then twists her head around to look at him and apparently says some things. While doing this, it then looks as though she sticks her left forearm out into his body and she starts aggressively jawing at him. She then raises her balled right fist, while continuing to yell at him. He grabs her right arm and they struggle, she then hits him with her balled left fist while also sticking her leg into his legs or possibly groin.

After her punch, he hits her and walks away. The whole thing lasts about 15 seconds.

She clearly instigated and escalated the entire encounter. Any unbiased person can see that. This kind of thing happens all the time in bars. Not right but it's a fact when you have drinking/drunk people in crowded situations.

Now, as for the PC part. It's ridiculous that a 19 year old may have his life ruined because of a 15 second episode that was clearly instigated by the girl. She apparently will walk away from this with no repercussion at all. She'll just scream victimhood.

As far as the "never hit a girl" claims. That's easy for anyone to say but in circumstances like the one here, nobody can say for certain how he/she would respond. If someone feels threatened, any person may respond. Clearly, regardless of whether she was "just a girl", she was behaving in an aggressive, threatening way.

PC will dominate of course. No college will dare give the young man a chance. The bad publicity would be too damning.

As for the girl? Maybe she'll just be the next poster child for perpetual victimhood.
Thank you! It's sad that some posters here can't see the logic and instead start assassinating the characters of others because something is said that they disagree with

How hard is it for people to keep their hands to themselves? If I were a woman I'd be offended that people were generalizing my entire gender as if we're mentally handicapped children.

You don't want to risk getting the hell punched out of you? Don't swing on others, it's that simple. If a skinny man were to assault a bodybuilder and get hurt I wonder if these same people would be outraged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events