Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 10:24 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times

Advertisements

bicyle-stealing head-stomping thugs in DC too:

Robbers take bike, stomp rider in Saturday incident near Logan Circle - The Washington Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2015, 10:36 AM

4,146 posts, read 2,840,911 times
and in Florida, no bike involved, these thugs were just looking to kill
http://m.nydailynews.com/news/crime/...icle-1.2205020

Old 07-16-2015, 10:50 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't know how New Jersey works, but I doubt this criminal in Pennsylvania will get off that easy.

And something else. If you really want to put this in racial terms, here is something to consider. Alot of Black on Black murders don't get much attention either outside of local outlets. And Blacks get murdered more than anyone else.
All this is true.

The problem with reporting on blacks being murdered is that 90% of the time the killer was black.

If you run story after story after story about blacks killing people there will be outrage over trying to make blacks look bad so IMO it's a big catch-22.

Also, most black murders occur in urban democratic bastions and are the result of poverty due to history. Politicians in those cities often just give lip service to the problem because those consitutents don't have much money and their vote is taken for granted as well.

Sooooo, what they typically will do is ignore the problem and if it flares up they will give a speech about how it's the guns fault. (Oddly though, one part of the city has lots of murders while the other parts have hardly any despite guns being present in both places.)

Old 07-16-2015, 11:31 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
All this is true.

The problem with reporting on blacks being murdered is that 90% of the time the killer was black.

If you run story after story after story about blacks killing people there will be outrage over trying to make blacks look bad so IMO it's a big catch-22.

Also, most black murders occur in urban democratic bastions and are the result of poverty due to history. Politicians in those cities often just give lip service to the problem because those consitutents don't have much money and their vote is taken for granted as well.

Sooooo, what they typically will do is ignore the problem and if it flares up they will give a speech about how it's the guns fault. (Oddly though, one part of the city has lots of murders while the other parts have hardly any despite guns being present in both places.)
If Black on Black murders were reported as frequently as they occur, then the news would have little time to talk about anything else.

There would be outrage over the reporting. I would gather that part of it comes from distrust. Most people don't like to see dirty laundry aired out in public.

About the Democratic thing. I find it interesting to consider that in those same Democratic bastions, there aren't many White murders. From what I gather, in every city, Republican or Democrat, Black neighborhoods do worse than anyone else, in terms of economics and crime. Omaha is an example. It isn't a Democratic bastion and currently has a Republican mayor. It has a low murder rate. However, Blacks in Omaha have one of the highest(it was the highest in 2013) Black murder rates in the nation.

Interestingly, alot of Blacks are doing well for themselves. Many leave the cities for the suburbs.

One more thing to consider. Constantly reporting about Black on Black crime won't solve the problem. Most of those murderers do not care if they live or die. It doesn't matter to them if non-Blacks don't like them. In fact, I would say that many of those murderers don't have any love for themselves so they wouldn't have an issue killing someone else. It would be more of an embarrassment for the Blacks who are decent and not contributing to the problem. Blacks who want a safe place to live and have the resources to live somewhere safe will vote with their feet and leave.

Old 07-17-2015, 11:26 AM

755 posts, read 675,832 times
Can you guys please do a count on white on white murders?! Thought so.....because they just never happen

If I was white, I'd be kind of upset about only blacks getting the attention for killing other blacks, it is as if white lives don't matter when they kill other whites, because you never here about...........maybe it doesn't exist...

Old 07-17-2015, 11:49 AM

755 posts, read 675,832 times
I can play this ridiculous game too.

Quote:
Yet the disturbing truth, according to the FBI's most recent homicide statistics, is that the United States is in the wake of an epidemic of white-on-white crime. Back in 2011, the most recent year for which data is available, a staggering 83 percent of white murder victims were killed by fellow Caucasians.
Quote:

To understand the level of cultural pathology at work here, it's important to understand that 36 percent of those killed by whites are women — a far higher share than you see with black murderers.
White men love killing white women. Hmm....Why?

Quote:

in 2010 58.6% of hate crime offenders were white (including Hispanics), 18.4% of offenders were black, 8.9% were of individuals of multiple races and 1% of offenders were Native Americans.[43]
But....but.....black people are racists killers.

and white people commit 70 percent of all crime in the U.S.

Black people per capita have a higher crime rate and that is because of two reason...blacks are poorer than whites and the justice system is harder on them.....stop and frisk and longer sentencing for the same crime with similar history.

Crime is about proximity and poverty, nothing else. Why are blacks so impoverished, most people with a brain know why, so what? As a black man you have to work harder to over come all of the negative forces of society that leads you to failure....that is just the way it is.

Is there a reason why blacks suffer social and financially? yes, does it matter or does anyone cares? no! So, as a black man you have to be resilient or get caught up in a never ending cycle that was instituted a long time ago that leads to ultimate failure and unfortunately embraced by some blacks.

Sorry for the rant, but I just hate all of these articles and posting such as the OP who for some reason what to stigmatize all black people for whatever sick purpose; probably to reinforce his racist views so he doesn't have to answer to his conscience.

Black people this, white people this........what is the point?

Old 07-20-2015, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac1 View Post
I can play this ridiculous game too.

White men love killing white women. Hmm....Why?

But....but.....black people are racists killers.

and white people commit 70 percent of all crime in the U.S.

Black people per capita have a higher crime rate and that is because of two reason...blacks are poorer than whites and the justice system is harder on them.....stop and frisk and longer sentencing for the same crime with similar history.

Crime is about proximity and poverty, nothing else. Why are blacks so impoverished, most people with a brain know why, so what? As a black man you have to work harder to over come all of the negative forces of society that leads you to failure....that is just the way it is.

Is there a reason why blacks suffer social and financially? yes, does it matter or does anyone cares? no! So, as a black man you have to be resilient or get caught up in a never ending cycle that was instituted a long time ago that leads to ultimate failure and unfortunately embraced by some blacks.

Sorry for the rant, but I just hate all of these articles and posting such as the OP who for some reason what to stigmatize all black people for whatever sick purpose; probably to reinforce his racist views so he doesn't have to answer to his conscience.

Black people this, white people this........what is the point?
There are many problems. Per capita, Blacks also have the highest unemployment rates, even accounting for education it is like this.

There is something more to consider in addition. You have mentioned a certain self-destruction that is embraced by some Blacks. A big part of this can be attributed to bad parenting. Many who had a strong family were able to break out of the cycle. It also helps to have good teachers to steer children the right way.

Proximity and poverty do play a role in crime. So does upbringing. Opportunism plays a part. So does anger and materialism.

This is one theory I have about some of these murders. 50% of Black on Black murders stem from arguments. Alot of anger. I might also theorize that there is a siege mentality. The attitude of "if someone disrespects me, I'm going after them". An attitude "I have nothing to lose so if you come at me the wrong way, you'll get dealt with". There have been cases of people getting murdered for a pair of Jordans. People valuing material goods over people, to the point where material goods are considered more valuable than a human being's life. That is a scary mentality.

And consider alot of White collar criminals. These are greedy. opportunistic types. Many who commit such crimes often have the money to do such things. Things like embezzlement, wire fraud,etc. And sometimes those crimes can get people killed.

Blue collar crimes are often done by impoverished persons. White collar crimes are often done by those with money.

Old 07-20-2015, 09:20 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,853,757 times
Arrow Not at all no!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Further
Gee, I wonder how long it will take for the "Out Rage" speech from Sharpton and or our Prez on this one. I'm not holding my breath, you???

Old 07-20-2015, 10:08 PM

557 posts, read 737,390 times
Animal thug needs to be exterminated

Old 07-21-2015, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxrider View Post
Animal thug needs to be exterminated
You can't give the death penalty in Pennsylvania. Moratorium And the minimum age for giving the death penalty is 16 in some states that use the death penalty. As heinous as this crime was, the murderer will not get the death penalty due to

1) Geography
2) Age
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events