Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 06:20 PM

5,169 posts, read 4,941,748 times

Advertisements

I heard today on Public Radio news that the whole issue of the military being disarmed on base and in recruiting stations "will be revisited" (no time frame given) and that the concept of military personnel being armed when dealing with the public would be "problematic". WTF?? I guess until we get a president who will openly admit that the Islamic terrorists are here on our soil these guys and gals are sitting ducks.

Old 07-17-2015, 06:26 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,792,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
There is a different component I don't believe this is a mentally disturbed individual at all. Seemingly extremely well integrated at least on the outside, raised in the USA, educated, well socialized, well liked, from a well to do family although there is some issues with domestic abuse that have surfaced. He doesn't fit the profile of a domestic terrorist on the surface. The only thing that is standing out as a lead is his religious views and that he has recently in the last few years spent some time in the Middle East. This situation is more concerning because I think there are a bunch of these guys in the making whereas the Charleston shooting guy we get one of those every couple of years.
Exactly- he was well educated and fit into American culture pretty well.

Also, the mass shootings that have been occurring around the country are now on a monthly basis pretty much. It seems to be a reoccurring theme- insecurity and mental issues, so they go and attack the group that supposedly disrespects them.

Old 07-17-2015, 06:59 PM

1,391 posts, read 2,645,837 times
Every recruiting station and reserve support center in the country needs some form of armed security. At least one armed watchstander, just like active duty. I'm not saying everyone needs to be packing heat, but there needs to be small arms available for when circumstances urgently dictate. Something feels "off" to me about myself or other service members arming themselves on home soil, but some disturbed a__holes are unfortunately making it necessary.

Old 07-17-2015, 08:45 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,161,028 times
Let's not blow this out of proportion, folks. It was just 4 deaths .... what the hell do people sign on to be a Marine if they're going to fall apart and cry every time a handful of them gets killed? We don't need to make drastic changes in national policies for an occasional tiny terror attack.

Old 07-17-2015, 09:22 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,266,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Let's not blow this out of proportion, folks. It was just 4 deaths .... what the hell do people sign on to be a Marine if they're going to fall apart and cry every time a handful of them gets killed? We don't need to make drastic changes in national policies for an occasional tiny terror attack.
I am not sure if you are trying to be funny or sarcastic but this is pretty stupid comment. Yes, they are warriors but there is no rule that they HAVE to die. They had no protection. Instead of making callous comments, suggest a solution.

Seems like Pam Geller and her drawing Muhammad cartoon event in Dallas was better protected than the Navy Operation Center.

Old 07-17-2015, 09:31 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,832,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP
Another piece of crap Islamist kills innocent people.
Ya and this country KILLS MORE INNOCENT PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD IN OTHER COUNTRIES (And our own I might add) THAN ANY MUSLIM HAS!! (Where is the recognition/sadness for them?)

Still its quite sad (Im glad they discovered who it was)

Old 07-17-2015, 11:11 PM

834 posts, read 1,217,344 times
Every Muslim terrorist (and the remains of suicide bombers) should be buried sown in fresh pig skin. That blocks the entrance into their promised islamic heaven and guarantees eternal condemnation. No virgins, nothing.

General Pershing executed Muslim terrorists in the Philippines with bullets dipped in pigs blood. Let one go to tell the others. Worked like a charm.

Ignorant religious fanatics can be played with their worst fears. Their oversimplified, radical world view is their Achilles heel.

Old 07-18-2015, 12:24 AM

192 posts, read 204,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪♫♪♪♫♫♪♥ View Post
Every recruiting station and reserve support center in the country needs some form of armed security. At least one armed watchstander, just like active duty. I'm not saying everyone needs to be packing heat, but there needs to be small arms available for when circumstances urgently dictate. Something feels "off" to me about myself or other service members arming themselves on home soil, but some disturbed a__holes are unfortunately making it necessary.
So you're saying they don't need to be packing heat but they need to have small arms available? Every recruiting station should have an armory then? Have you thought about the amount of logistics, red tape, military bureaucratic hurdles, and work involved in order to make something like that happen? There are 1,400 recruiting stations.

Easier said than done.

Last edited by coolbeans2000; 07-18-2015 at 12:44 AM..

Old 07-18-2015, 12:42 AM

192 posts, read 204,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
I heard today on Public Radio news that the whole issue of the military being disarmed on base and in recruiting stations "will be revisited" (no time frame given) and that the concept of military personnel being armed when dealing with the public would be "problematic". WTF?? I guess until we get a president who will openly admit that the Islamic terrorists are here on our soil these guys and gals are sitting ducks.
Enough with blaming Obama with everything bad that happens in the world. It's pathetic. And no, I didn't vote for him either.

But you should probably know that the Pentagon mostly decides security protocols for their bases and units throughout the world. So if you're not ALSO blaming the various Commandant's, Generals, and Chief of Staffs of our 5 military branches then you're just showing your own selective outrage.

And FYI, the regs that prohibit firearms on military bases were actually enacted by a Department of Defense Directive over 20 years ago during George H. W. Bush's presidency.... I'm sure you were outraged at the time.

http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext...176.pdf#page=4

Last edited by coolbeans2000; 07-18-2015 at 01:13 AM..

Old 07-18-2015, 01:28 AM

7,132 posts, read 9,132,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Ya and this country KILLS MORE INNOCENT PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD IN OTHER COUNTRIES (And our own I might add) THAN ANY MUSLIM HAS!! (Where is the recognition/sadness for them?)

Still its quite sad (Im glad they discovered who it was)
This. America isn't really the "good guys" of the world. They kill plenty of innocent people in wars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events