Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2015, 07:40 AM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
Nobody????? Japanese in interment camps. Jewish persecution for THOUSANDS of years. Cultural cleansing in Boznia....Native Americans? Should we keep going
While the interment camps were a horrible idea, they only lasted for the duration of the war and certainly can't compare to entire lifetimes of Black slaves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2015, 07:45 AM

1,069 posts, read 711,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
While the interment camps were a horrible idea, they only lasted for the duration of the war and certainly can't compare to entire lifetimes of Black slaves.
my post was just using examples to say that African-Americans dont have a monopoly on persecution. I will agree that the interment camps didnt last nearly as long as slavery. i find it funny you didnt compare Slavery to the Jewish persecution

Old 07-22-2015, 07:45 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Slavery ended 150 years ago in the United States. All races have been enslaved at one time or another. It went on in Europe and Northern Africa for 1000s of years. The Roman Empire would have collapsed without slaves. Furthermore, Blacks were first enslaved in Africa by other Blacks.

So, I don't see where you have a point to make. That's especially true in regard to 21st century America.

Old 07-22-2015, 07:50 AM

2,851 posts, read 2,299,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac1 View Post
He didn't say the man is keeping us down, he just stated a fact. No body on the face of this earth has experienced racism like black people, nobody.
Right, not the Native Americans that were hunted like wild animals, nor the Jews that were exterminated on an industrial scale and regularly killed and mistreated for most of their history, nor the Irish that were dying by millions while their British masters watched and did nothing, nor the Chinese who were enslaved as late as 1890s and had special laws directed against them in effect until what, 1940 or so ?

And let me remind you that in the slave trade, the whites were the buyers, but the blacks were the sellers. Attacking neighboring tribes, catching slaves, and selling them was a very lucrative business for African tribal leaders since the time of Ancient Egypt. Over thousands of years their customers changed from Egyptians to Greeks to Carthagen to Rome to Arabs to Turks to Europeans, but that black African slave business kept going and going and going. Time to accept shared responsibility.

Of course, it's a useless argument, the victim, you owe me, not my fault mindset is part of the racist, selfish, hateful ghetto culture. Some people escape it, some don't.

Old 07-22-2015, 07:59 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,832,165 times
I do not see all of the harping on Slavery as it were a great sin. Humans were considered biological machines. Just as we considered today animals to be on this planet for humans to use. Unless you had royal blood or were very wealthy or attained a degree of status you really were not considered much more than an animal to be used for the benefit[or detriment] of Society. There might still be people alive today, although they would be centenarians or nearly so who could relate to the above.

Old 07-22-2015, 08:14 AM

1,259 posts, read 2,257,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Slavery ended 150 years ago in the United States. All races have been enslaved at one time or another. It went on in Europe and Northern Africa for 1000s of years. The Roman Empire would have collapsed without slaves. Furthermore, Blacks were first enslaved in Africa by other Blacks.

So, I don't see where you have a point to make. That's especially true in regard to 21st century America.
White slavery did far more damage. It goes much further than just being enslaved. White people wanted black people to hate everything about being black. That's why kinky hair, dark skin, and big lips, and butts noses all have bad connotations around them. Whites sought to instill as much self hate in black people as possible. That's why they created the field and the house slave to further divide the black race.

Old 07-22-2015, 08:42 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
White slavery did far more damage. It goes much further than just being enslaved. White people wanted black people to hate everything about being black. That's why kinky hair, dark skin, and big lips, and butts noses all have bad connotations around them. Whites sought to instill as much self hate in black people as possible. That's why they created the field and the house slave to further divide the black race.
Oh god...get over it. Have you ever been a slave? Your parents? Your grandparents? Your great-grandparents? What happened 150 years ago has ZERO impact on your life now. The Chinese and the Irish don't sit around today lamenting how they were treated when they first came to America. Races have been enslaved all over the world since time immemorial. Jews have been nearly wiped off the Earth several times over and they are still successful.

Old 07-22-2015, 08:55 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,832,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
All True. I recall white folks in the 1970s sported afros and wanted the dark tan look you get from booths or using baby oil at High Noon on Miami Beach! The horror. Later it was the Jerry Curl. Thank goodness white folk saw the evil of the Afro and JC and decided to sport Mullets. Now that was classy.

Old 07-22-2015, 08:58 AM

1,259 posts, read 2,257,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
Oh god...get over it. Have you ever been a slave? Your parents? Your grandparents? Your great-grandparents? What happened 150 years ago has ZERO impact on your life now. The Chinese and the Irish don't sit around today lamenting how they were treated when they first came to America. Races have been enslaved all over the world since time immemorial. Jews have been nearly wiped off the Earth several times over and they are still successful.
I wish people would stop bringing up WHITE slaves. The keyword is white. I can't tell an Irish from a German. Most whites are so mixed up with various European, they are just white. The Chinese did the smart thing and created their own businesses so they don't have to rely on white people. But they still didn't have white people set on a mission to create self hate in their race. Jews in the U.S. look WHITE.

Look at how Serena Williams has been attacked in the media. She's been called all kinds of nasty names relating to how she looks. This is again a result of white hatred towards black skin, black hair, black facial features. Obama has been called a monkey, ape, and every other name, even on this very board it's happened.

And let's not forget about Jim Crow. Both of my parents attended segregated schools. Let's not act like the whites who were enforcing Jim Crow aren't still around. Hell maybe you were even one of them. It's sad some white people prefer to sit in their happy little bubble and rather believe that hundreds of years of slavery, racism, and Jim Crow has just magically disappeared overnight. You keep believing that lie if it helps you sleep at night.

Old 07-22-2015, 09:05 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,083,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
actually they are a product of institutional racism. a system that was set up to favor white men and still does. if you are a white man in this country with a victim complex (the jews, blacks, liberals, gays, feminists are out to get me) you are a loser. if a white person in America even half way tries, they can be somewhat successful. if you're driving around with a giant confederate flag hanging out of the back of your truck, you probably don't have much else going for you. but it's your right.
If you see the confederate flag as southern pride and display it, how does this mean you have nothing else going for you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events