Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2015, 03:30 PM

2,851 posts, read 2,299,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
No I don't care or pretend to understand "woe is me, I am the victim" B.S. I don't ever feel sorry for myself or allow myself to blame other people for my problems.
So basically,

"White Privilege" means...

- white Christian privilege

- Jewish privilege

- Muslim privilege

- Asian privilege

- Indian privilege (as in India)

- Pakistani privilege

So basically, "white" came to mean "not black". Although I assume that the middle class African Americans and the Africans who came here and are playing by the same rules as the rest of the people in the above list, are probably also considered part of the White Privilege (or are called Uncle Toms).

So,

White Privilege applies to any American of any color and faith that does not subscribe to ghetto culture and mentality. They are all privileged and don't get it and owe something to the "true" slave descendents (again, as opposed to the "false" uncle Toms who are playing by the general rules in the general American society).

Jokes aside, if I was black or Hispanic, with all other things being equal, I'd be at least two levels above my current work position. I think this is unfair but I am not blaming anyone, I achieved what I achieved by doing some things right and sometimes doing things wrong, I don't think anyone owes me anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2015, 03:32 PM

50,711 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
<---Racist

Oh boohoo, a long time ago, before you were born, blacks had it tough. So what? Whites have been enslaved and had the deck stacked against them. You know what? Even if there is "white privilege" do you think that just dropped out of the sky? No, the whites who founded and built this civilization where there was none earned that with their blood, sweat, and tears. Whites haven't been handed s**t through their entire history, anything we have now was earned by our ancestors through hard work, determination, planning, and yes probably a good amount of luck.

So stop whining and start building. The white race developed in the cold and harsh climes of the Caucus Mountains with no privilege, no advantages, nothing handed to them. They built Western Civilization. They built the New World. Blacks living in America today have it better than any other member of their race at any point in history. If you are unhappy with your station in life, build a new life. If blacks, collectively, are unhappy with their station in life stop burning down cities and start building cities. Literally no one is stopping blacks other than themselves. Stop whining, stop being weak and pathetic. Stop being victims and start being winners.

You whine and excuse make and just blow off the struggles that the Irish, Italians, and Chinese had when they came as if blacks today have it any harder than they did when they came to America. What is your excuse today? What is it? Microagressions? "White privilege" that is so subtle, so hard to detect by anyone other than crusading SJWs that it really doesn't matter even if it exists? The one thing I hate is weak minded people who act like they are perpetual victims. So many groups around the world face REAL struggle and turmoil, you live in AMERICA. We're a land of winners and you can either stop complaining and join in and your keep whining and stay a loser.
Not to mention some blankets infected with Small Pox given to Indian tribes. Your entire post makes me embarrassed to be American, and white.

Old 07-22-2015, 03:39 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,386,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Yup...because for decades Black schools had been second rate. Glad you got a taste of it...and couldn't hack it.
it wasnt second rate because of the study but second rate because the student had no drive, no reason to get educated, just there to be baby sitted

Old 07-22-2015, 03:46 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Not to mention some blankets infected with Small Pox given to Indian tribes. Your entire post makes me embarrassed to be American, and white.
That's too bad, perhaps you can move to Africa. You can be a self-loathing white there and you would never again have to contemplate the fact that great civilizations are built on the blood and bones of lesser ones that were defeated. In Africa you won't have to think about great civilizations any more because there are none to be found for thousands and thousands of miles.

Old 07-22-2015, 03:56 PM

50,765 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
That's too bad, perhaps you can move to Africa. You can be a self-loathing white there and you would never again have to contemplate the fact that great civilizations are built on the blood and bones of lesser ones that were defeated. In Africa you won't have to think about great civilizations any more because there are none to be found for thousands and thousands of miles.
Having a different opinion is not a reason someone should have to leave their own country.

Everybody here has free speech, not just the radical right.

Old 07-22-2015, 04:11 PM

16,543 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
White people are still at it though. This very board is also further evidence too that many white people are still very racist.
The word has lost all real meaning because the race/grievance merchants have called everyone and everything racist.
Plus everyone has their own version of what the word means, typically being wrong.

It reminds me of a funny skit on Seinfled where Jerry was making fun of his uncle who thought every problem was based on anti-Semitism;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYZBKqemQrU

`

Old 07-22-2015, 04:50 PM

887 posts, read 1,214,424 times
Had to smile yesterday. At a Dairy Queen about 7pm. The usual crowd of about 50 white folks after dinner of kids baseball games. Here in the lot is one black teen hawking some charity garbage. Two things struck me.
1-Whatever charity this is obviously sends the black kid into a 99% white upper middle neighborhood for one reason and one only. Pray on the white guilt disease.
2-I won't hazard a guess as to what the results would have been had one white teen been planted in a 99% black neighborhood hawking his charity among 50 black folks.
Racist? No, just a fact.

Old 07-22-2015, 04:58 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
it wasnt second rate because of the study but second rate because the student had no drive, no reason to get educated, just there to be baby sitted
Actually, I call crap on that. Despite paying taxes, Black schools in Jim Crow were sub par. Every dollar spent on White schools, 1/8 was spent on Black schools. White schools often had better instructors than Blacks, better facilities, and better books. Blacks got the hand me downs and less qualified teachers. Not driven, wanting to be babysat? Prove it.

Old 07-22-2015, 05:01 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,435,775 times
Not that ANY of the people in this thread who need to will even bother to read it, much less get the message, but I'll just leave this here.

McSweeney&rsquo;s Internet Tendency: Product Review: The Invisible Backpack of White Privilege from L.L. Bean

Old 07-22-2015, 05:03 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,386,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Actually, I call crap on that. Despite paying taxes, Black schools in Jim Crow were sub par. Every dollar spent on White schools, 1/8 was spent on Black schools. White schools often had better instructors than Blacks, better facilities, and better books. Blacks got the hand me downs and less qualified teachers. Not driven, wanting to be babysat? Prove it.
that really bad since all the schools adminstrators and board staff are black, so if they got less material, they done it to themselves
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events