Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2015, 08:51 AM

4,751 posts, read 5,437,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
The book 1491, apparently.
It's called a primer.

noun
an elementary book for teaching children to read.
any book of elementary principles

I hope you continue your education.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2015, 08:54 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I never said gays and lesbians had it easy. I said it is easier to hide being gay. Being gay or lesbian is a sexual preference. One is born Black or White. It is hard to tell if someone is gay or lesbian until one gets a little older. One is a certain race from birth.

My point is while other groups have had issues, Blacks have experienced some of the worst things for a longer amount of time. It took Blacks fighting back to get what they should have had.
Being Gay & Lesbian is not a "choice". By making such statements, you commit the same offense that you say Whites and others commit against Blacks with negative stereotypes.

As for the rest, you offer up opinion. You are of course entitled to it, but until you can make a compelling argument that would prove it, then, it's just opinion. I think you have a hard road to travel if you wish to convince Whites that they need to do even more to make it easier for Blacks. Especially, when, there is never any acknowledgment of what has already been done.

Old 07-23-2015, 09:07 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,978,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
Geography not your strong suit? EGYPT is in Africa. And don't say you meant Black Africa because YOU wrote Africa.
Egypt is a great civilization now? What are you writing this from 4000 years ago? Or perhaps reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

Old 07-23-2015, 09:15 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,978,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
You say that like it's a good thing.

Yeah, I sent you that message because, again, you really don't know what you're talking about. Taking a single college class really doesn't impress me, nor did you apparently pay much attention. I took some art classes in college; doesn't make me an expert on Michelangelo. Stop embarrassing yourself with your lack of insight on Native American history.

My recommendation that you read the book holds.

"MPowering1- I don't get cowards who give someone they disagree with extra points, just so they can keep their venom private, rather than post what they think."

It's hardly venom, but I did it privately because this thread is so far off topic it's ridiculous. I really don't care if you think I'm a coward because someone is talking ignorantly about Native history in a thread on "how blacks behave."
It is a good thing. You are benefiting right now from the European colonization of the New World. If you don't like I invite you to quit your job, leave your house, and live as an Indian would have several hundred years ago. Don't live comfortably off of the fruits of European creativity, exploration, and colonization and then whine about it. In fact, you could move to Sub-Saharan Africa and live pretty close to how Indians did in the 1600s.

I'll never understand whiners like you. This is how the real world works, sorry you can't hack it. Do you not think that the Indians worked the same way? You don't think they killed and destroyed each other? Every piece of this earth is drenched in blood and has been fought over. If you are too squeamish to handle that you are in for a rough life.

Old 07-23-2015, 09:24 AM

3 posts, read 2,809 times
Default White people are oppressors

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
[url]https://www.facebook.com/butchglenn32/videos/987116751339898[/url]

Take down the Confederate flag and this is how black people act? When are we going to see someone put some bullets in these thugs?

White people are just as bad the way you oppress black people treat them inferior and not as citizens. Most of you all don't even treat us as equals. You don't even respect our Commander in Chief. Barack Obama is just as capable to be president just as any other white man. I mean we have to have laws that say black people are equal to white people REALLY!!!

Old 07-23-2015, 09:42 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,984,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onetwothree4 View Post
White people are just as bad the way you oppress black people treat them inferior and not as citizens. Most of you all don't even treat us as equals. You don't even respect our Commander in Chief. Barack Obama is just as capable to be president just as any other white man. I mean we have to have laws that say black people are equal to white people REALLY!!!

Oh bull****! I'm white, and I don't give a s*** what color you are, or have no desire to oppress anyone! Neither do most white people that I know. Furthermore, I don't care what skin color Obama is (he is half white too) but I do care how he is running the country, which isn't very well BTW! If you're being oppressed in 2015 long after the Civil War, and long after the Civil Rights Movement, then it is you who is keeping yourself down! As others have stated, if you have it so bad here, then pick up and leave and go somewhere else where you don't feel so "oppressed!" Let us know how that works for you! Or you could stop listening to race baiters like Al Sharpton, and Jesse Jackson, quit attempting to divide everyone with "racism this, racism that" and actually join the rest of us in the here and now!

Old 07-23-2015, 09:50 AM

3 posts, read 2,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Oh bull****! I'm white, and I don't give a s*** what color you are, or have no desire to oppress anyone! Neither do most white people that I know. Furthermore, I don't care what skin color Obama is (he is half white too) but I do care how he is running the country, which isn't very well BTW! If you're being oppressed in 2015 long after the Civil War, and long after the Civil Rights Movement, then it is you who is keeping yourself down! As others have stated, if you have it so bad here, then pick up and leave and go somewhere else where you don't feel so "oppressed!" Let us know how that works for you! Or you could stop listening to race baiters like Al Sharpton, and Jesse Jackson, quit attempting to divide everyone with "racism this, racism that" and actually join the rest of us in the here and now!
Its BS that I was taught in school that Ben Franklin and George Washington were such good people and these bastards owned slaves. Human beings people..... We have laws that give black people the right to vote and these laws are God given.

Old 07-23-2015, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetwothree4 View Post
Its BS that I was taught in school that Ben Franklin and George Washington were such good people and these bastards owned slaves. Human beings people..... We have laws that give black people the right to vote and these laws are God given.

Of course they're God given! I'm not disputing that, and IMO the Civil Rights Movement made the Constitution whole, and solidified those God given natural born rights for ALL Americans. Having said that, even the founders of this country were not without their flaws. What can we do about it now? Nothing.

Old 07-23-2015, 10:26 AM

50,786 posts, read 24,289,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
You need to get over this idea that if someone has a viewpoint you don't like that they should leave their own country.

Old 07-23-2015, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You need to get over this idea that if someone has a viewpoint you don't like that they should leave their own country.

When someone goes on and makes ridiculous claims about being oppressed by most white people in this country or some "mythical white privilege" in 2015, then why stay here if it's so bad?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events