Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 10:22 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,920,376 times

Advertisements

When I read the pot debates on this website, I'm usually drawn to the opposite side of whatever someone is debating.

Both sides usually sound so dumb that I can't help but want the opposite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2015, 03:42 PM

1,683 posts, read 810,900 times
EVERY TWO MINUTES, A PERSON IS INJURED IN A DRUNK DRIVING CRASH

DRUNK DRIVING COSTS THE UNITED STATES $199 BILLION A YEAR

EVERY DAY IN AMERICA, ANOTHER 28 PEOPLE DIE AS A RESULT OF DRUNK DRIVING CRASHES.

IN 2013, 10,076 PEOPLE DIED IN DRUNK DRIVING CRASHES - ONE EVERY 52 MINUTES - AND 290,000 WERE INJURED IN DRUNK DRIVING CRASHES.

--------------------------------------------------------

With all that being noted, I am not a person who think smoking ANYTHING is a good idea. Cigs, weed, anything. If a building is on fire, they say to stop drop and roll so you might not die of smoke inhalation. Obviously the inhalation of anything on fire can't be very good for a person.

Yet, for some reason, I doubt weed kills somebody every 52 minutes of every day of every year. Eating it can't be all that great for you either. I've yet to run into a person who says they have TOO MANY brain cells and just need to make themselves dumber to fit in a little better, so they really need to eat pot to take the edge off that mensa IQ and go for more of a Jethro Bodeen thing.

How about THIS concept: don't get drunk OR use drugs? Try it. It just might work.

Old 07-25-2015, 04:47 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,618,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I don't think people realize how strong some of the edibles are.
No, they don't. They also expect instant effects. So they eat the whole thing, when they aren't stoned after a half hour. Edibles work differently. This is no different than someone taking a couple oxycodones, not feeling anything, 15 -20 minutes later, and taking six more. The effects are predictable.

Old 07-26-2015, 08:12 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,340,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanresu1 View Post

How about THIS concept: don't get drunk OR use drugs? Try it. It just might work.
Goodness! That's a mighty high horse you have there.

But seriously, I am glad there are moral crusaders like you out there to tell everyone what to do.

Old 07-26-2015, 09:18 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,364,716 times
First off, this story is over a year old and has yet to be superseded by anything more inflammatory. Secondly, he ate SIX SERVINGS in one go. One serving of a marijuana edible is enough to make anyone buzzed. Thirdly, he was underaged.

If a teenager shotgunned a six-pack and then acted erratically and ultimately jumped off a balcony, would anyone be surprised?

Old 07-26-2015, 11:10 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,221,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
Yeah, that pot sure is scary all right. Brings the death count to......1? Keep on with the reefer madness.
Wasn't the pot that killed him, it was the fall.

Pot- 0

Gravity- 1

Old 07-26-2015, 11:25 AM

3,321 posts, read 2,133,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
First off, this story is over a year old and has yet to be superseded by anything more inflammatory. Secondly, he ate SIX SERVINGS in one go. One serving of a marijuana edible is enough to make anyone buzzed. Thirdly, he was underaged.

If a teenager shotgunned a six-pack and then acted erratically and ultimately jumped off a balcony, would anyone be surprised?
Nope, when the substances involved are legal at a Federal level (alcohol, pharmaceuticals, paint thinner), such incidents are worthy of pity, labeled as tragedies, or dismissed as untreated mental illness.

Throw the rare marijuana incident into the mix for discussion, however, and it becomes a threat to national security; specifically a criminal, morally reprehensible act most commonly brought about by an individual's lack of w(h)orship of the Judeo-Christian big guy in the sky.

Old 07-26-2015, 11:28 AM

8,104 posts, read 6,747,285 times
The "legal" drugs out there have an untold number more of bad reactions.

Old 07-26-2015, 11:29 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,039,039 times
Pot Death: Teen Leaps 4 Stories After Eating Marijuana Cookie

Upon first reading this I thought the story was that the guy leaped 4 stories in a single bound via marijuana induced super powers

Old 07-26-2015, 12:44 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,633,384 times
The guy who jumped and died had only 7.2 nanograms of THC in his blood stream, you can drive with 4.999 nanograms.

What we really have is someone who was very unstable , had some weed and lost the plot completely.

And remember folks about 20 million US citizens used weed in the last month...... you are more likely to die driving over to buy weed than you are from actually using weed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events