Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2015, 05:42 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,952,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Guess what?

In Africa, Blacks are not a minority!

Whodathunk???
You are amazing. Whites are not a minority in the USA, so what?

Now you're acting ignorantly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2015, 05:43 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Who drove or helped drive the truck?

You really to satisfy yourself, not me. Start looking.
What am I looking for?

I haven't said a word about race until the post you responded to.

I haven't seen a lot of backlash against the WHITE guide OR the BLACK farmer.

How the hell should I know what race was driving the truck? I would assume black, since they are a majority on the continent of Africa.

You DID know that, right?

I really want to send you a good new shovel; your fingernails must be bloody by now from all the digging you've been doing.

Old 08-01-2015, 05:48 PM

Quote:
See how you try to avoid reality? He was the one who helped lure Cecil to his death.
Psst...read the title of this thread:

Minnesota Dentist Shoots & Kills Famous Zimbabwean Lion

This thread is about the dentist.

I am not trying to avoid reality at all. I'm sticking to the thread subject, as we are supposed to do.

Here's a thought; if we are now going to discuss everyone who was involved in this 'hunt' lets start with Palmer's mother and father!

THEY made him!

Old 08-01-2015, 05:49 PM

Fox Terrier, you got caught. You have stood by as Palmer was called rich white hunter and never said a word. Just like Sleepy. Now that someone has identified one of the men who lured Cecil to his death as a black in Zimbabwe, one who made money from the hunt and actively participated in it, you want to feign some upset or surprise and then have the audacity to question facts?

I told you it would all come out, all the dirt about what is going on in this issue, that wealthy people in Zimbabwe, including government officials all had their hand in this and now you try to hide behind some fake astonishment and concern that anyone would dare to say what is fact? That good ol "Honest" was one of the men who tied the meat to the truck and then lured Cecil out of the park to be slaughtered.

Yeah, getting mighty uncomfortable isn't it? Hard to back track on all those posts where you sat silent not saying a word when the mob made this into a race issue. Only now when information comes out that you don't like, only now you want to say something.

Please.

Old 08-01-2015, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
What am I looking for?

I haven't said a word about race until the post you responded to.

I haven't seen a lot of backlash against the WHITE guide OR the BLACK farmer.

How the hell should I know what race was driving the truck? I would assume black, since they are a majority on the continent of Africa.

You DID know that, right?

I really want to send you a good new shovel; your fingernails must be bloody by now from all the digging you've been doing.
Thats right, you didn't say a word. It wasn't important until I said one of the people directly responsible for Cecil's death was black. Then you said something. Didn't say a world when Palmer was called "rich white hunter", did you?

"How the hell should I know what race was driving the truck? I would assume black, since they are a majority on the continent of Africa."

You mean to say you don't research anything before commenting as you do? That was a major story by Time, days ago.

Regardless, now that you know you still try to pretend Honest was just a land owner...

AFTER I posted the link and text? Even then you tried to distract by saying the guide was white?

Do you assume murderers in the USA are white because most people are?

Kettle.

Keep digging.

Old 08-01-2015, 06:01 PM

Well Fox Terrier, at least I find out information instead of hiding behind others. You went along with all the race baiting, never saying a word about it until I noted who helped kill Cecil.

Tell me, since you said how were you supposed to know that one of the men who lured Cecil to his death was black...

how did you know Palmer was white?

Did you read a news story, take someone's word for it? How did you find out?

After that you just stopped being informed and went with the flow?

Okay, lets pretend you didn't know, be it because you didn't care or you really didn't want to know...

regardless, what do you think now that you know? Is it important? If not, then why is it important to know Palmer is white?

Why is how much money Palmer has important but not how much money good ol Honest has important? Is it because he didn't pull the trigger and only lured Cecil out of the park?

If Cecil wasn't lured out of the park, then Palmer couldn't have shot him.

Old 08-01-2015, 06:02 PM

387 posts, read 356,337 times
I wouldn't care if the Trophy Hunter Dentist AND all the annoying worthless left wing Social Justice Warriors were fed to Lions...That would be the best scenario.

I'm sorry the Lion is dead, but Jesus Christ get over yourselves...Its a freaking large predatory Feline....not some mythical all knowing God....

Old 08-01-2015, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-apple-less View Post
I think caring more about animals than fellow human beings is a distinctly Anglo-Saxon thing for the most part. People here generally despise humans they are not related to or close friends with, so of course they are going to sympathize more with a cute animal.

100 percent true

That being said Africa in general does a pretty good job in preserving it's iconic wildlife....Especially when you consider how poor the continent is.

Old 08-01-2015, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
To all of those posters who are making statements to the effect that humans should care more about other humans rather than animals, guess what: we are all animals. It is completely biased to state that human lives are more valuable than non-human lives, which means that there isn't an ounce of truth in such a statement. In fact, given that the explosion of human populations is destroying the planet, I would say that humans, as a species, aren't terribly valuable right now; in fact, quite the opposite. You could wipe out half of the Earth's human population and there would still be too many people on the planet. The same cannot be said for animals, such as lions, whose numbers are dwindling b/c their lives are supposedly so much less valuable than those of humans.

If you want to value human life, fine, but don't value it more than other life.

Every species prefers it's own kind and only cares about it's own kind....Humans are the literally the only species that actively works to protect and save other animals and who care about completely unrelated species more than other fellow Humans ....I personally think it's a mental disorder (as is extreme leftism in general)....So in that sense Humans are BY FAR the most noble and compassionate creatures on earth....Humans are the least selfish animal species this planet has every seen....

And guess what Starla....Human beings are BOTH Animals and SUPERIOR Animals at the same time...You know why Missy?? Because we could easily extinct every other large predator on earth in 6 months if we really wanted to....The only thing that is holding us back is our own unique morality and evolved compassionate brain.....So yes Humans lives are FAR more valuable/important than the lives of any other animal...If you don't like it well blame Darwin!!

By the way if you hate Humans so much please feel free to hang/shoot yourself....I doubt that you would be missed and it would be a great way to help reduce your impact on the earth!!! Since you are an evil human after all!!! Go ahead and swallow that 45 cal!!!

Old 08-01-2015, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Well Fox Terrier, at least I find out information instead of hiding behind others. You went along with all the race baiting, never saying a word about it until I noted who helped kill Cecil.

I generally don't respond to race baiting posts, no matter white or black.

Tell me, since you said how were you supposed to know that one of the men who lured Cecil to his death was black...

I knew the farmer was black; you asked what race was driving the truck. I have no idea.

how did you know Palmer was white?

Well, I'm not color blind, fortunately; one look at the picture of Palmer let the cat out of the bag! One look at the picture of the farmer did the same! Amazing, eh?

Did you read a news story, take someone's word for it? How did you find out?

After that you just stopped being informed and went with the flow?

Okay, lets pretend you didn't know, be it because you didn't care or you really didn't want to know...

I knew from the beginning. I didn't think is was important to talk about the race of anyone involved. Why do you?

regardless, what do you think now that you know? Is it important? If not, then why is it important to know Palmer is white?

My opinion of the trophy hunter has not changed; this thread is about the trophy hunter, remember? If Palmer was black or brown, yellow or red, that would not change my opinion. Why the hell would it?

Why is how much money Palmer has important but not how much money good ol Honest has important? Is it because he didn't pull the trigger and only lured Cecil out of the park?

I'm not privy to Honest's tax returns, so I have no idea what he earns annually. Do you?

If Cecil wasn't lured out of the park, then Palmer couldn't have shot him.

And if Palmer hadn't paid someone to lure the lion...well, I'm sure you see where that train of thought would go. I suggest we just blame Palmer's parents and have done with it!
Someone needs a big fat doobie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events