Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 09:28 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,615,986 times

Advertisements

Read the article please. She was heading back to Texas and about to start a new job and she was pulled over for failing to signal. We don't know what happened but it's reported she kicked the police officer. In the video you see she is yelling and cursing at the cop for slamming her head on the ground and restrain her. She gets thrown in jail and 3 days later she ends up dead. The police say that she committed suicide.

FBI joins investigation into death of Waller County inmate

HOUSTON -- The FBI and the Texas Rangers are now investigating the circumstances surrounding the Waller County death of 28-year-old Sandra Bland.
The Harris County medical examiner has ruled Bland's hanging death in the Waller County jail was a suicide.

Bland was found in her jail cell on Monday morning. The Waller County Sheriff's Office says she was "not breathing from what appears to be self-inflicted asphyxiation" and CPR was immediately performed. Bland was pronounced dead shortly after.

Waller County Sheriff Glenn Smith said video shows Bland was alone in her cell before she died.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYim6pDZV0Y
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2015, 10:30 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,525,756 times
This case seems to be getting the attention of news outlets online. And the change.org petition is close to its signature goal. I hope the justice department investigates.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:32 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,525,756 times
<<didn't read first...sorry. glad to hear the feds are involved

Old 07-16-2015, 10:44 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,663,170 times
Remember the good old days when the phrase, "the police say" actually meant something?

Old 07-17-2015, 01:13 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,615,986 times
Sandra Bland, Naperville woman who died in Texas jail, claimed depression, PTSD | abc7chicago.com

More info...Ms. Bland claimed she had a little depression.

Old 07-17-2015, 02:38 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,365,519 times
Waiting on that imbecilic cop sympathizer to come in and spew his usual rhetoric, mocking the victim while explaining the complexity of Police work. At some point we have start addressing these issues head on, before people start taking matters into their hands. Policemen/women have families too! And just may be when they start receiving equal treatment, they'd rethink this whole above the law, assaulting and murdering productive citizens of our community. What exactly did this woman do to deserve her encounter? So infuriating.

Old 07-17-2015, 03:54 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,419,347 times
Default A great tragedy

This is absolutely sickening. A Federal investigation obviously necessary in this supremely backwards part of the country. The ignorant cops involved, along with the department which allowed this to happen, must be severely penalized. This kind of Klan-like behavior by these sub-humans cannot stand.

Old 07-17-2015, 04:15 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,869,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
This is absolutely sickening. A Federal investigation obviously necessary in this supremely backwards part of the country. The ignorant cops involved, along with the department which allowed this to happen, must be severely penalized. This kind of Klan-like behavior by these sub-humans cannot stand.
What exactly are the police guilty of here? She gets pulled over, attacks the officer, gets arrested, and hangs her self in her cell.( the women in question admitted to having depressions)
Last year I was almost killed by a police officer, I was pulled over for having a brake light out, if I had jumped out of my car and grabbed my tire iron and charged the officer he would have probably shot me dead, instead I stayed in my car gave him my lic., reg., and Insurance card, thanked him for pointing out the blow light and went on my way.

Old 07-17-2015, 06:16 AM

36,753 posts, read 14,866,486 times
Are you people serious?

If you think that video shows one iota of police misconduct, you're smoking the wacky weed. Get off that The gub-ment is sending in the DOJ Yay Train, and open your eyes.

She was stopped for a traffic infraction, and is yelling that her face was slammed to the ground while still able to scream obscenities at the top of her lungs. It's amazing what some people will do once they know there's a cop-hater's cell phone in the vicinity.

The more and louder they scream, the bigger bucks they (or their families) get. She was troubled, and committed suicide, yet this will turn into another shakedown for money.

Old 07-17-2015, 06:20 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,493,896 times
The cops are guilty of...of what!? How does this woman's suicide put a finger of blame on the cops? The arresting cops weren't in the jail cell with her. Oh, wait. I suppose this means the correction officer's murdered her? They strung her up because... why? Oh, please share your enlightened wisdom on this matter.

Stable and professional people (as she is now being painted as) usually don't end up on the ground, fighting and swearing at the cops while getting their wrists shackled before being dragged off to jail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events