Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2015, 08:33 AM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,771,947 times

Advertisements

I know there are so many threats about police brutality.
At the beginning, I was a bit skeptical. I do respect cops as they are public servants trying to help us. And I realize that some of them sacrifice their lives for the greater goods.
But lately, I have been reading more and more news about how brutal they are, especially in Texas - unfortunately. What is wrong, cops? I am just perplexed on how these cops were trained.

Here is one. The man dies for running and asking for help.
‘I can’t breathe': Man runs into jail lobby seeking help but dies after deputies pile on him instead

And here is another one:
Another man died in jail for being refused of access for his Xanax:
http://abc13.com/news/family-seeks-c...y-jail/893987/

Cops, people are supposed to look up on you. Come to you to find safety. But I see more and more people are afraid of you and angry at you.

Last edited by asiandudeyo; 08-02-2015 at 08:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2015, 10:35 AM

50,960 posts, read 24,450,069 times
The policeman is your friend.

Ahem.

Old 08-03-2015, 10:37 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,816,297 times
So some nut job high on drugs running into a lobby acting crazy should what? Be talked to in a kind and reassuring manner and if he doesn't comply lets just let him run out into the streets on his merry way? At what point are people actually held responsible for their outcomes? I've dealt with that crazy factor in the ER. These people are like wild animals. You have to hold them down before they hurt themselves or worse one of the other health care workers. Sorry, no sympathy here.

As for the second case I would have to wonder how long that young man was abusing his prescription drug? Believe it or not it happens all the time. He could easily have had a seizure at home and died as well. People who choose that life style should be held responsible for their actions, not the police trying to do their jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events