Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 04:26 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,897,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
Because criminals are like dangerous wildlife, talking don't always work.
More like, we have trained our officers to shoot first over using other problem solving techniques:
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/02/us...ater.html?_r=0
https://progressnownm.wordpress.com/...w-mexico-cops/

No need for officers who are calm and can de-escalate situations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2015, 04:33 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,170,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
More like, we have trained our officers to shoot first over using other problem solving techniques:
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/02/us...ater.html?_r=0
https://progressnownm.wordpress.com/...w-mexico-cops/

No need for officers who are calm and can de-escalate situations.
Obey the law...nobody gets hurt. Don't obey the law..resist arrest...AAANNNNNDDD....pay the consequences. Its not hard.

Old 08-08-2015, 04:54 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
I don't see evidence that it was an attempted burglary, according to this article he had vandalized vehicles in the lot before driving his SUV into the dealership showroom, sounds like it could be vandalism rather than burglary. But I think the point is that cops aren't supposed to be judge jury and executioner. They are supposed to only use lethal force under limited conditions, generally: "Deadly force means that force which a reasonable person would consider likely to cause death or serious bodily harm. Its use may be justified only under conditions of extreme necessity, when all lesser means have failed or cannot reasonably be employed"

No details have been released by the Police Department so it would be pure speculation as to whether or not this shooting was justified, but I don't think there is any need to scold the OP for posting it...oh wait, some people do that just for fun, silly me for forgetting how that works

Old 08-08-2015, 05:03 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,330,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Obey the law...nobody gets hurt. Don't obey the law..resist arrest...AAANNNNNDDD....pay the consequences. Its not hard.
Except that there is this tricky little scrap of paper called the U.S. Constitution which places more onus on the state than it does on citizens. Now if you want to throw the Constitution into the waste bin, that's one thing but if you don't then the state has to act upon a higher set of standards that even the dumbest criminal.

Old 08-08-2015, 05:10 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
So..according to you, citizens are fair game and can be killed if they don't obey the law? What law school did you graduate from?

Old 08-08-2015, 08:01 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,170,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
So..according to you, citizens are fair game and can be killed if they don't obey the law? What law school did you graduate from?
No...I didn't say that. I said there are consequences to not obeying the law. And one of them can be your life in the wrong situation. Officer says hands up...hands up. Its not hard folks.

Old 08-08-2015, 08:03 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
I'd love the opportunity to rally around an actually innocent victim.

Old 08-08-2015, 08:17 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,147,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I don't see evidence that it was an attempted burglary, according to this article he had vandalized vehicles in the lot before driving his SUV into the dealership showroom, sounds like it could be vandalism rather than burglary.
That's a relief, felony vandalism makes it a lot better. I'm so damn sick of SJWs and media playing public relations for human refuse. I can't feel any outrage because it's simple: play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

I suppose I should check my privilege

Old 08-08-2015, 08:40 PM

81 posts, read 106,527 times
Quote:
One time a cop had his hand on his gun and told me to keep my hands on the steering wheel. I said " yes sir" and kept my hands on the wheel.

You'll never believe what happened next. He wrote me a ticket. He didn't arrest me. He didn't shoot me. I know it's hard to believe. Sometimes I'm not sure if I just dreamed the whole thing. It was like a miracle or something.

Old 08-08-2015, 08:48 PM

756 posts, read 834,766 times
Thumbs down The Real Problem:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
With a title like that you know that yellow journalism is alive and well.

The correct title should be burglar shot by police after struggle. I mean lets not forget he was committing a burglary "a felony" and decided to go for even a bigger stupid prize.

The fact that he’s a football player, a college student, unarmed and black is irrelevant.
Of course he is a burglar. However, my concern is with guns. The Poe Lease should not have the guns that kill. Instead, they should use the stun weapons. Actually, notbody meeds to have guns. Unfortunately, guns will not go away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events