Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2015, 07:50 PM

35,018 posts, read 16,978,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Dog View Post
A person was shot. Two beauty shops broken into.
They're really making some good points about racial justice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2015, 07:58 PM

35,018 posts, read 16,978,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
And why aren't immigrant blacks being persecuted by police? African and Carribean blacks have far lower rates of criminal behavior, and are rarely involved in such incidents, yet are often poorer than native-born blacks. Why aren't they having the same number of incidents?

The police don't know if you're from Jamaica or Alabama when they pull you over; why is it African Americans who always seem to have the problem, and if the police are racist, why not against black immigrants?
Great and "out-of-the-box" point. While Jamaica has its share of violence those that come here are looking for a better life, to improve themselves and their adopted country. These thugs; not so much.

Old 08-10-2015, 08:43 PM

17,552 posts, read 13,334,227 times
MrsM and I were in StL this weekend. When we started switching TV channels last night, we saw one news-person after another drooling over the peaceful confrontation waiting for the first shot to be fired or for the police to start busting heads.

It was a circus waiting to become a riot.

It was just like the idiots hanging onto trees or lampposts in a hurricane looking for more destruction. (I kinda hope that one of them would be hit with a tree limb....not enough to hurt them but scare the crap out of them so they never go back and broadcast from a storm again)

These idiots were looking looking for a riot last night. (Not that it would, or would not, have happened on it's own. But the news seemed to induce the conflict. There were more news-people than cops and residents combined

Old 08-10-2015, 08:49 PM

4,860 posts, read 6,921,314 times
Somebody just throw up a fence around this city full of idiots. If anyone has a problem, let them call a crip.

Old 08-10-2015, 08:53 PM

2,089 posts, read 1,416,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
No, he confirmed the truth. We all know it's true. The problem is 99% the thuggery in the black community, and not the police.

If it were "racist police" then other minorities would have the same problem. There are far more non-black minorities than black minorities, yet magically they don't have these problems. In some cities (like NYC and Miami) there are even more immigrant blacks than African Americans, yet magically they don't have this problem. Gee, I wonder why?
You touch on a little known fact about blacks from other countries. I had extensive contact with African blacks over a period of years several years ago when I lived in another country. They were very different from American blacks--very easy to deal with and relate to. Most were well mannered and had completely different attitudes from American blacks. IMO this is explained by the fact that almost all the blacks from Africa that I knew were usually from close knit, intact families and had grown up in communities of such families.

Old 08-10-2015, 09:07 PM

50,770 posts, read 24,277,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxrider View Post
And with what's going on in this county can you blame them. Sounds like you hate white people for having nice homes and living in safe neighborhoods. Well if you let the police do their jobs like the people in those neighborhoods do and support them, the black and Latino kids could live in safe neighborhoods also . So can you blame folks for not wanting to go into an unsafe neighborhood to become a crime victim. Sounds like you support the criminal thugs, but these are what educators in this country are teaching our children in our tax payer funded schools. Not only are the teachers and administrators praying on the children sexually but also teaching them disrespect to authority. So not only do we have thug parents teaching them, but school administrators like you. You are doing nothing but adding to the problem of racism and anti police sentiment in this country. You should quit or retire, I sure would not want you as a principal or teacher in my kids school. If you pulled a stunt like that I would have a white lives matter protest in front of your school board.
Try not to be so hyperbolic.

1. Why should we expect poor Black and Latino parents to feel welcome in a rich, White neighborhood, when the White folks won't dare walk in the Black/Latino neighborhood? And, BTW, I often had to go into the Black/Latino neighborhood to visit families, and never had the slightest problem.

2. No, I don't support criminal thugs. Criminal thugs ought to be arrested and tried for whatever the crime is that they are alleged to have committed. Most illegal aliens should be shipped back to wherever they come from. And if they come back a second time, they should be tried and jailed. Gang members, in particular, ought to be deported unless they are American citizens, and if they are American citizens they should be arrested, tried, and imprisoned.

3. No, at least in my school system, no such things are part of the curriculum, and I didn't let teachers teach their own personal mantras.

4. No, teachers and administrators don't pray on students, and typically don't prey on students. We do teach them reading, math, science, history and social studies (you know, like how to follow and understand the Constitution), how to be physically fit (even if parents don't follow through), and how to spell.

5. You wouldn't want me as a principal. That's fine. I wouldn't want you as a parent in my school. But I'd still do my job.

Oh, and by the way, I always left my personal politics out of the classroom. Not a single student or parent could have ever made an intelligent assumption about my political affiliation.

Old 08-10-2015, 09:10 PM

8,104 posts, read 6,748,207 times
Wilsons last words after he was exonerated of all charges were "eat me" how apropo.

Old 08-10-2015, 09:25 PM

17,552 posts, read 13,334,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
MrsM and I were in StL this weekend. When we started switching TV channels last night, we saw one news-person after another drooling over the peaceful confrontation waiting for the first shot to be fired or for the police to start busting heads.

It was a circus waiting to become a riot.

It was just like the idiots hanging onto trees or lampposts in a hurricane looking for more destruction. (I kinda hope that one of them would be hit with a tree limb....not enough to hurt them but scare the crap out of them so they never go back and broadcast from a storm again)

These idiots were looking looking for a riot last night. (Not that it would, or would not, have happened on it's own. But the news seemed to induce the conflict. There were more news-people than cops and residents combined
That said, in this case, it does not give any right for someone to take a shot at a cop.

MrsM and I are gun owners with CCWs, you never hear about legal gun owners taking shots at cops or anyone else, for that matter.

Old 08-10-2015, 09:32 PM

8,104 posts, read 6,748,207 times
Im shocked, shocked, that riots are once again happening in Furgeson.

Old 08-10-2015, 09:34 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,436,809 times
So because some idiots with guns and an agenda (2nd Amendmen rights!!!1!!!!) decided to use the crowds protesting and distracted police as a cover for their illegal activities, that means everyone in Ferguson are just a bunch of thugs who's lives don't matter?

Are you people listening to yourselves??? Do you understand the difference between criminals and protesters? Do you understand that people with criminal intent have LONG used events where they know there will be crowds as cover for their activities?

But no, somehow this is ALL the fault of poor black people. Because they're the racists.

Good god I need to stop reading these threads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events