Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2015, 09:30 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,922,901 times

Advertisements

national guard sniper these animals....jeezus how long do we have to witness this crap
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2015, 09:33 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,233,405 times
The Ferguson protestors are just a bunch of unemployed Leftists led by community organizers (read: Communists agitators). The don't give a rip about Michael Brown. All they really want is the violent overthrow of capitalism so they can steal the wealth of others.

A baseball with antlers is more useful to our society.

Old 08-10-2015, 09:49 AM

1,296 posts, read 1,120,510 times
The looters should have been shot on sight. Shot dead. No exceptions.

Old 08-10-2015, 09:50 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,284,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
Whites deserve more respect because in general they're much more peaceful and non-violent than blacks are. Whites don't assault and murder each other without a care in the world the way blacks do to each other on a daily basis. Whites mostly obey laws and authority and its why they don't have nearly as many issues with them as blacks do.

And yes respect should be gained on an individual basis, except that too many blacks behave in a manner that doesn't deserve respect, but rather often deserves condemnation.

Except many blacks DO LACK MORALS, compassion and human decency. Just look at all the news stories and all the video evidence on the internet that shows how blacks behave on a daily basis. How is it that a black population so small can have so many videos of their people committing crime, violence, damage etc, but whites who are almost 6 TIMES their population can't produce a fraction of those videos?

Everyone has a camera these days, yet its mostly only blacks who are usually caught doing something bad and illegal. Why is that? You can't possibly tell me if non-blacks were anywhere near as violent as blacks were that more videos wouldn't turn up catching them red handed much like more video is popping up of police brutality these days. Yet somehow the amount of videos showing whites behaving badly are relative little for such a huge population compared to blacks. So yeah many blacks especially black males lacking morals IS NOT A MYTH.

If blacks want to be treated as equals, THEN START ACTING LIKE EQUALS. Raise your kids properly like most non-blacks do. Get them educated and keep them away from the criminals in your neighborhoods and get rid of all thugs in your communities instead of hiding them.

So if they want to be treated as equals, then lets see them behave like most other people do and people will start seeing them as equals as short order. I guarantee it.

Well in the case of Ferguson, they've already gotten rid of the old police chief and have an interm black police chief. And I'm pretty sure Ferguson cops now will treat blacks at least a little better considering they're under the microscope now. So they've heard the community concerns there and have change at least somewhat.

Tell me exactly what have blacks done in return?
You must be a blast at parties.

Old 08-10-2015, 10:01 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,342,524 times
I don't think much of the protest angle, but I would sure eat roast pig. At least we can be sure the protesters are not muslim.

Old 08-10-2015, 10:04 AM

1,994 posts, read 1,519,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I don't think much of the protest angle, but I would sure eat roast pig. At least we can be sure the protesters are not muslim.
Muslims eat pork. Where have you been?

Old 08-10-2015, 10:13 AM

50,770 posts, read 24,277,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
...So far our approach as a society has been to lay all of the blame on white people and all of the responsibility for making changes on their shoulders. ...
If you believe that, then you haven't been reading city-data.

Old 08-10-2015, 10:23 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,621,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
Read a little relevant history and you would be more informed. Referring to blacks as a monkey, gorilla and baboon is racist. However, calling a cop a pig is not. Why? Because it doesn't matter what race the cops are to be labeled a pig! It is the uniform, not race. Sabe?
I see all these labels as being disrespectful to the person who is called that. But with the first three labels, maybe they are just referring to the way the person is acting. It is NEVER O. K. to be disrespectful to law enforcement officers. I don't call them cops either because my parents taught me to be more respectful.

Name calling was not allowed in our family. I was brought up right. If you think these labels are O. K; you weren't. I guess we are all a product of our upbringing. That is what I tell myself every time our president goes out of line and does something outrageous. His upbringing left a lot to be desired.

Old 08-10-2015, 10:36 AM

50,770 posts, read 24,277,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
That's the thing that kills me. There's BET on TV, there's the NAACP (which really only serves blacks), black colleges, etc.

What these are examples of are people wanting "separate but equal" status. Umm, isn't that what the civil rights activists fought against?

Instead of segregating yourselves, become a part of the greater American society.

Instead of portraying yourselves as victims, shut up and work your way up. Look at how immigrants to this country have worked themselves up by going to school, working hard, not committing crimes, etc.

You can't cry that you're being discriminated against when your actions all point to "separate but equal" goals.
At least sometimes, perhaps often, it's a question of not going where you don't feel welcome.

Let me give you an example. Our PTA used to hold "Welcome Back To School" evenings for parents at the school during the first month of the school year (it was divided up by teams). We usually had a pretty good mix of parents because, at least to an extent, school was seen as "neutral" territory. Then one year the all-White PTA decided to hold the team evenings at their rather expensive homes, instead of at the school. I refused to allow any of the administrators to attend because it was no longer neutral territory, and I knew that the poorer Black and Latino parents wouldn't feel comfortable going into the rich, predominantly White neighborhoods. And, as I predicted, the attendance at the home events was 100% White, not at all reflecting that 30% of our school was minority.

The rich White parents couldn't understand that. So I said, "Okay, let's do it again, but this time we'll hold the events in the poorer Black/Latino neighborhoods. Without even thinking, the PTA president said, "Oh, we couldn't go over to those neighborhoods."

Or then there was the time the all-White PTA wanted to do a collection drive to help the homeless. Blankets, other necessities, all to go to the local homeless shelter (they were naive enough to believe we had to go to the homeless shelters in D.C. since our suburban Virginia county had no homeless shelters...except we did. So they collected all their items...there was a lot...and then said, "So, Mr. -----, now you can take this stuff down to the shelter." And I said, "No, it's your drive, you can take it down to the shelter, and I will accompany you." Again, "Oh we couldn't go to that neighborhood."

Old 08-10-2015, 10:39 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,122,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
Disgusting!

No way, roast pig is goooooood!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events