Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2015, 01:34 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,609,273 times

Advertisements

How can anyone leave their best friend in a car to die?

A Texas deputy has been let go from the Jim Wells County Sheriff's Department after he forgot to bring his police dog partner inside Sunday and the dog died, NBC News reports. Latham Roldan—the trainer for Jola, a Belgian Malinois, for three years—"just left the kennel" inside his vehicle in "a case of negligence," a sheriff's spokesman says.

Texas Police Dog Trapped in Hot Car for 20 Hours Dies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2015, 03:36 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,850,298 times
Thumbs down *

This idiot just gets let go??

IF A REG PERSON DID THIS THEY WOULD PROBABLY BE CHARGED!!!!!

Poor dog

Old 08-15-2015, 08:11 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,231,047 times
This is the 7th or 8th occurrence of this happening this summer.

Why are the officers not charged?

Old 08-15-2015, 08:26 AM

50,839 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post

If only Robert Stack were still alive, he could star in a new series -- "The Untouchables".

Old 08-15-2015, 04:26 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,125,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post

A Texas deputy has been let go from the Jim Wells County Sheriff's Department after he forgot to bring his police dog partner inside Sunday and the dog died, NBC News reports. Latham Roldan—the trainer for Jola, a Belgian Malinois, for three years—"just left the kennel" inside his vehicle in "a case of negligence," a sheriff's spokesman says.

AGAIN?!!

The K-9 cops I know treat those dogs like family. Are they just handing these dogs out willy nilly these days?

Old 08-15-2015, 05:12 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,911,569 times
When I am home, I know exactly where my dog is at all times. If he is in the backyard, I check on him if he doesn't occasional walk back in to check on me. When at an off leash dog park, he maintains a 40 ft perimeter with me at all times and when I am at work, hes at a dog day camp in a safe, controlled environment.

Important to note. I do not posses a firearm or the desire to ever use one.

Now, how the hell could that guy have been given a badge, a police vehicle and a gun if he was incapable of taking care of a dog? Don't start with 'it was an accident.' - Police officers because of the nature of their job should be mentally and psychologically assessed before they are hired at a level that would indicate who is capable of handling the responsibilities associated with the job and who would not be.

And like a certain percentage of cops that are prone to lying when they screw up. If this cop could have lied and said a 'thug' knocked him out and put the dog in the car and he woke up 20 hours later, he would have.

Old 08-15-2015, 05:14 PM

865 posts, read 623,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post

Because it wasn't his best friend.

Abhorable

Old 08-15-2015, 05:29 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,642,385 times
Because humans are no longer concerned for human or animal life. This happens often and who would forget their child or leave it there while they went into the store. Any number of things could have taken place in a parking lot. They sure as heck wouldnt have left a $100 in plain sight. See animals all the time alone in a parked car and when people confront them in parking lots its always I just ran in to pay my bill. Why do they have to take their pet along when running errands anyway? Spend time with your kids and pets by going to a park, and let them socialize not coop them up in a hot vehicle.

Old 08-15-2015, 06:12 PM

50,839 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
Now, how the hell could that guy have been given a badge, a police vehicle and a gun if he was incapable of taking care of a dog? Don't start with 'it was an accident.' - Police officers because of the nature of their job should be mentally and psychologically assessed before they are hired at a level that would indicate who is capable of handling the responsibilities associated with the job and who would not be.

And like a certain percentage of cops that are prone to lying when they screw up. If this cop could have lied and said a 'thug' knocked him out and put the dog in the car and he woke up 20 hours later, he would have.
Well said.

Old 08-15-2015, 07:46 PM

32,027 posts, read 36,803,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post

Yeah, why not? Wouldn't they charge a non-cop?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events