Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 07:47 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,251,057 times

Advertisements

Chain restraunts have always known that breakfast is not just for the morning. Some limit what you can order in the dinner hour, but if you really want eggs and hashbrowns and sausage instead of a steak, no problem.

I'd be more likely to make a hamburger at home so I'd be more likely to get one of Mcdees breakfast entrees which I do like. The hamburger I make at home with prime beef and all the spices I love will taste better but I'm not going to mess much with eggs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2015, 07:47 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,837,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
But they actually do cook everything on-site.
They have a deep fryer for the fries and nuggets, and they have skillets for the burger patties.
The patties arrive formed but raw, much like the pre-formed raw beef patties you find at the grocery store (Bubba Burger is a prime example.)
Yes, I know. well I didnt know they were raw. Lots of places use frozen patties, I dont see the big deal there. I buy ground beef on sale and pat out burgers and freeze them for later use.

Old 09-03-2015, 07:50 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,524,309 times
You people who complain about it being frozen and reheated are hilarious. It's a FAST FOOD restaurant. Do you want them to slaughter a cow each time you order a burger? How about give you premium only cooled beef? Well expect a four hour wait for a much more expensive burger.

And many of those mom and pop joints you all boast about probably do the same or worse, you just don't know it.

Old 09-03-2015, 07:57 AM

4,206 posts, read 3,756,686 times
My body cant do breakfast after 10am at the very latest. It then becomes lunch time. If I missed breakfast I need to get up earlier.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:55 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,247,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Finally.

Victory as McDonald's stops using 'pink slime' in its burger recipe

That's really sad. But as you pointed out, there are plenty of other burger joints from which people could obtain cheap, minimally-nutritious food substitutes.

--------------------------

Here's a question for everyone. Will establishments like McDonald's, as currently configured, have any place in the world, say, 30 years from now, when we will [potentially] have across the board Single Payer and mandatory daily digital medical monitoring?
the mcdouble is the cheapest and most nutritious food in human history according to author of freakonomics.

McDouble is 'cheapest and most nutritious food in human history' - Telegraph

i don't listen to liberal diet brainwashers. active men need saturated fat and calories to generate testosterone. too many men have been brainwashed to go low fat diets, and now look at them.. a generation of scrawny emasculated millenials. lol.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:55 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,557,978 times
Ahhhh, those were the days, 30 years ago exactly, when I was in college and would stop by McDonald's on the way in, for a glooorrriousss sausage muffin with egg.....then maybe later in the day for a Big Mac with that savory special sauce, and the fries - fugghetaabout ittt.

Now, meh... gimme a Diet Coke for a buck, thanks, buh bye, off to eat the food I now desire - spinach, chicken, tomatoes, zucchini, avocado....

Old 09-03-2015, 09:00 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,247,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
You people who complain about it being frozen and reheated are hilarious. It's a FAST FOOD restaurant. Do you want them to slaughter a cow each time you order a burger? How about give you premium only cooled beef? Well expect a four hour wait for a much more expensive burger.

And many of those mom and pop joints you all boast about probably do the same or worse, you just don't know it.
agree, and mom and pop joints and gourmet burger restaurants are not held at the same health standards nor scrutinized as mcdonalds, which is viewed under a microscope as a dow industrial component.

i stopped eating at unknown burger joints after i worked in a kitchen long ago, where the help mold the burgers by hand without plastic gloves. i know they didn't even wash their hands most of the time. the thinking was well it's going to be flame broiled anyway, and the funny thing is it was in midtown west at a posh restaurant i won't name, selling them for $15 a pop. at least at mcdonalds, the burgers are made and shaped off premise by machines and handled only during the frying stage. patties are fried on a special stovetop, there is minimal contact, employees use plastic gloves.

here's a short video on how their burgers are fried.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy0jmXRGTsA

this is also why i never eat a meatball outside my home. there are much much worse sanitary conditions at mom and pops and privately owned establishments. i have worked in the industry in the past long enough to know.

Old 09-03-2015, 11:10 AM

9,821 posts, read 11,540,655 times
Imo this is going to fail.
McDonalds is going about this backwards.
They should be serving a full menu all day. Sometimes i want a Big Mac with Fries at 10am

Old 09-03-2015, 11:19 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,273,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ControlJohnsons View Post
...a generation of scrawny emasculated millenials...
Were that true, it would be significant progress from the rampant plague of obesity. In reality we have multiple generations of men AND women carrying around heavy sacks of vile human fat everywhere.

I get it. I really do. It takes more money, more time, more effort, more self-control, and more know-how to consume healthy sustenance in moderation.

Old 09-03-2015, 11:52 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,878,593 times
I remember before kids it was a challenge to get up before 1030am on weekends to catch McD's breakfast. Now we get up at 7-8a like it's no big deal.

McD's breakfast all the time? It's alright. Got sick of it after doing it almost every weekend. Trader Joe's has better hash browns (in frozen form). FYI. I look forward to my wife's breakfast even more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events