Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2015, 09:21 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,455,203 times

Advertisements

Why exactly does this matter? White Americans recieve welfare more than any other race, contrary to popular belief of "lazy minority ghetto folks with no jobz."

Our current state of immigrant has some issues, but is welfare really that big of one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2015, 09:22 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,415,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
Why exactly does this matter? White Americans recieve welfare more than any other race, contrary to popular belief of "lazy minority ghetto folks with no jobz."

Our current state of immigrant has some issues, but is welfare really that big of one?
White receive more on the overall because there are many more whites. Whites however receive less per capita, the only relevant number.

Old 09-02-2015, 09:42 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,325,211 times
From the study: "Most people have a sense that if you were to work for $10 an hour, 40 hours a week, you couldn't be receiving welfare, could you? You couldn't be living in public housing, could you?" he said. "The answer is yes, you can. That's one of the most surprising things about this study."

Not surprising. How many places in the country can ANYONE afford to live making $400 a week before taxes? What if there are children? I live in Southern Arizona, one of the places in the nation with a reasonable cost of living and a place with its fair share of immigrants. According to City Data, "Fair market rent in 2006 for a 1-bedroom apartment in Pima County is $571 a month." That was nine years ago. What is it now? HALF of a months wages? And, believe me, in Pima County $10 an hour is FAR from the lowest hourly income commonly paid, particularly to immigrants.

Old 09-02-2015, 09:45 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,595,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
We get it. You are for the invasion & all the chaos & rape & murder & civil disorder that comes with it. I would say that you are a self-loathing beta white male, but we all figured that out.
No … I simply recognize that this isn't a simple set of questions ...

Old 09-02-2015, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
That is how countries are formed; did you not know this? Most every border is the result of a war then treaty.

Mexico itself was formed how? It did not just appear when the Earth was formed. Perhaps Mexico should look at given its stolen land back as well.

But of course the issue is, Mexico is not making any claim of stolen land, only you are. If the US never gotten that land, Mexicans would be still coming to the US, so you can act like they are trying to reclaim what is theirs; they do not want to be in Mexico, that is what this is all about. So how in the hell is it "reclaiming Mexican land" when none of them want to be in Mexico?
I don't think that immigrants "don't want to be in [………..]" …

They simply are doing what they feel they need to do in order to make a better life for themselves and their families … E.g., on my mother's side, my immigrant grandparents came from Smaland in Sweden … In Sweden they say, "When a crow crosses Smaland, it carries a lunch … " … IOW, it's really really hard to make a living there …

I remember a few decades ago when Colorado was a hot destination for Americans wanting to move to a new location of opportunity and enjoyment … and some longer time Coloradans proposed -- in all seriousness -- that they should bar new people coming in, since the newbies would wreck what had been a good thing …

Some of the traditional longstanding anti-immigrant bias in America is like that …
Again, the Irish and Poles and Italians and many other immigrant groups endured the same xenophobia and disdain ...
"I'M here now … but YOU should stay away …"

Old 09-02-2015, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
No! You are treating me like a "team player" when in reality, I trust NO politician of any party stripe. See, I figured out the game of politics a long time ago.....a little hint....they don't care about you/or me. I know that might be shocking to you. But now that we have that out of the way.......

If I could, what I'd like to do is court order all those selfish parents sterilized because they obviously can't figure out how selfish they are on their own and aren't acting at all like responsible/caring humans to mess up so many kids lives and feel it's ok to leach off hard working people. Will never happen of course for we are a free society and everyone can become a parent, no matter how bad a parent they potentially are or if they have zero resources for that matter. The double edged sword of a free society. Though I have a feeling if we cut off the free money machine alone and greatly reduce it/only use it in extreme short term cases as was originally intended, that alone would stop a good deal of the welfare abuse that is going on. Turn off the enabling machine.

Though you're going to tell me those parents have a right to raise kids in abusive/homes without enough resources, that it is indeed the responsibility of the tax paying citizen to raise their kids financially......I know, I know...
IOW, while you don't openly embrace the words … it is "death panels" … for *those*people* ...

Old 09-02-2015, 10:25 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,472,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
IOW, while you don't openly embrace the words … it is "death panels" … for *those*people* ...
You're trying a little too hard there, Teilhard. I chose my words carefully, "ALL THOSE SELFISH PARENTS". Meaning, any parent who is selfish and makes the decision to have a child without the means to support it financially on their own. And to further clarify, no matter the race/color/creed/religion/sexual orientation/no matter what their favorite color is/favorite music group/favorite time of the year etc etc etc, as there are more than a few selfish parents out there in all groups.

And sterilization isn't a "death panel". They just can't mess up a child's life in bringing a child into a home that isn't ready financially to support a kid on their own and feel entitled for other taxpayers to pick up the tab to raise their kid.

How's that.....clear as day?

Old 09-03-2015, 01:24 AM

5,075 posts, read 11,080,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
I -- taxpaying native born citizen; grandchild of immigrants -- am very very glad that our liberal democratic American society has a social safety net rather than allowing people to just die in the streets and under the bridges ...
Uh... that is still going on in the most liberal areas despite the safety net. We as a society have decided it's OK in certain circumstances.

Charges: Homeless man beat married neighbors under Magnolia Bridge with homemade club - seattlepi.com

Old 09-03-2015, 04:17 AM

381 posts, read 277,780 times
I have been visiting the states for the last 20+ years (once a year) and having thoroughly enjoyed every state I have visited I could not help but notice the rapidly changing demographics of the country.I guess I will squeeze in another 4/5 visits before I stop coming to visit.The reason "this ain't America to me".

Somali's in Minnesota laying down the law.

Some people will say sayonara but I suspect more than a few people will agree with me.

Old 09-03-2015, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
You're trying a little too hard there, Teilhard. I chose my words carefully, "ALL THOSE SELFISH PARENTS". Meaning, any parent who is selfish and makes the decision to have a child without the means to support it financially on their own. And to further clarify, no matter the race/color/creed/religion/sexual orientation/no matter what their favorite color is/favorite music group/favorite time of the year etc etc etc, as there are more than a few selfish parents out there in all groups.

And sterilization isn't a "death panel". They just can't mess up a child's life in bringing a child into a home that isn't ready financially to support a kid on their own and feel entitled for other taxpayers to pick up the tab to raise their kid.

How's that.....clear as day?
"Forced sterilization" … Hmmmm … Would that be decided and imposed by a "panel," or by whom … ???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events