Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2015, 08:46 PM

17,675 posts, read 13,466,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
Exactly how is "illegal immigration destroying the U.S." … ???
I will not dignify that question with an answer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2015, 08:49 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,603,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Ugh, I'm wondering the same thing.

Wish I could rep you a few more times.

You are aiming at the messenger. I simply presented a study and stated my opinion. I'd rather hear your comments on the content of the study and the ramifications it has for our country vs personal attacks.

But given your vague comment/attack so far, I'd guess you seem to be in favor of giving perpetual welfare to legal/illegal immigrants and native citizens for that matter, with no strings attached, even for decades, and have the working tax payer foot the bill? You think this widespread majority behavior has no effect on the health of a nation on several fronts?
And … given your comments so far, you seem to be in favor of allowing people, including their innocent children, to just die if they can't fully support themselves … (as per, Sarah Palin's proposed "death panels") … ???

Old 09-02-2015, 08:49 PM

6,591 posts, read 6,769,693 times
Quote:
Nope … I'm simply pointing out the facts of history …

How about we address this history by ceding back to The Republic of Mexico the territory we illegally seized from them … ??? Or do you think it's okay for us (documented "legal" Americans) to just steal whatever we want at the point of thousands of guns and bayonets … ??? … and then keep it … ???
Mexico signed the "Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo" figure it out minister.

Old 09-02-2015, 08:58 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,875,219 times
Quote:
One of the unspoken ironies of recent history (immigrants coming to the USA across the Mexican border) is that the history goes very deep …

During and immediately following the War of American Imperial Aggression of 1846-48, the United States seized about fully half of the territory of The Republic of Mexico …

(This was under the reign of James Polk, interestingly just recently named by Jeb W. Bush as his personal favorite President … !!!) … Leading up to and during that unjust war, many Americans were openly opposed to it, including Ulysses S. Grant …

Anyway, during decades upon decades of peaceful immigration -- some documented, some not -- the people of Mexico have been slowly relentlessly reclaiming the land that was stolen from them …

As it has been observed and commented more than once, not that long ago, by President Barack Hussein O'Bama -- "The arc of the moral universe is long but it bends toward justice … "
So, two things with your post;

1. You basically admit that you think there is an invasion; so, you think people should just roll over and accept, and even pay for, this invasion? In your defense of the Mexican immigrants, you basically are accusing them of launching an invasion, with a goal of ceding a large area back to Mexico, a country they hate so much they do not wish to live in it.

2. Ok, so let's say we accept you invasion theory, if it was just that, then fine, however, they seem to love the freebies being handed out by the US gov, the all so hated gov they are invading.

SO, is their goal to reunite with Mexico? If they liked Mexico so much, why come to the US then?

Anyway, the land was not stolen, I have no idea where you got that from. I do not see any claims at all from Mexico to the US regarding this land.

Old 09-02-2015, 08:58 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,603,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Mexico signed the "Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo" figure it out minister.
Uh huh … Entirely willingly … at the point of thousands of guns and bayonets … (of course there was a small matter of a war that Mexico didn't want and didn't start … but …)

("But honestly, ladies and gentlemen of the jury … Think about it … The bank teller simply handed over the bags of cash … !!! Yes, it's true that my client threatened her with a pistol … and hit her with it a couple of times … but he took the sacks of money from her only after she handed them to him … !!! What was he supposed to do at that point, refuse her generosity … ???")

Look … It's called, history … Stuff happens, and not always immediately, but it does have a way of coming back around … ("The arc of the moral universe …, etc. …")

Old 09-02-2015, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Uh huh … Entirely willingly … at the point of thousands of guns and bayonets … (of course there was a small matter of a war that Mexico didn't want and didn't start … but …)

("But honestly, ladies and gentlemen of the jury … Think about it … The bank teller simply handed over the bags of cash … !!! Yes, it's true that my client threatened her with a pistol … and hit her with it a couple of times … but he took the sacks of money from her only after she handed them to him … !!! What was he supposed to do at that point, refuse her generosity … ???")

Look … It's called, history … Stuff happens, and not always immediately, but it does have a way of coming back around … ("The arc of the moral universe …, etc. …")
We get it. You are for the invasion & all the chaos & rape & murder & civil disorder that comes with it. I would say that you are a self-loathing beta white male, but we all figured that out.

Old 09-02-2015, 09:05 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,875,219 times
Quote:

That is how countries are formed; did you not know this? Most every border is the result of a war then treaty.

Mexico itself was formed how? It did not just appear when the Earth was formed. Perhaps Mexico should look at given its stolen land back as well.

But of course the issue is, Mexico is not making any claim of stolen land, only you are. If the US never gotten that land, Mexicans would be still coming to the US, so you can act like they are trying to reclaim what is theirs; they do not want to be in Mexico, that is what this is all about. So how in the hell is it "reclaiming Mexican land" when none of them want to be in Mexico?

Old 09-02-2015, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
That is how countries are formed; did you not know this? Most every border is the result of a war then treaty.

Mexico itself was formed how? It did not just appear when the Earth was formed. Perhaps Mexico should look at given its stolen land back as well.

But of course the issue is, Mexico is not making any claim of stolen land, only you are. If the US never gotten that land, Mexicans would be still coming to the US, so you can act like they are trying to reclaim what is theirs; they do not want to be in Mexico, that is what this is all about. So how in the hell is it "reclaiming Mexican land" when none of them want to be in Mexico?
He's just sputtering & lashing about without any logic or reason like Max was earlier in this thread. There's no reason involved here, just emotion & displaced rage. Usually these open borders types are more crafty on how they want to cheer on the invasion, but this one could not contain himself.

Old 09-02-2015, 09:12 PM

17,675 posts, read 13,466,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You really should educate yourself. Start by reading:

U.S. GAO - Unaccompanied Alien Children: Actions Needed to Ensure Children Receive Required Care in DHS Custody

U.S. GAO - Identity Fraud: Prevalence and Links to Alien Illegal Activities

U.S. GAO - Information on Certain Illegal Aliens Arrested in the United States

U.S. GAO - Illegal Aliens: Estimating Their Impact on the United States

In addition, in April 2005, the GAO released a report on a study of 55,322 illegal aliens incarcerated in federal, state, and local facilities during 2003. It found the following: Of the 55,322 illegal aliens studied, researchers found that they were arrested a total of 459,614 times, averaging about 8 arrests per illegal alien.
  • They were arrested for a total of about 700,000 criminal offenses, averaging about 13 offenses per illegal alien.
  • 49% had previously been convicted of a felony, 20% of a drug offense; 18% a violent offense, and 11%, other felony offenses.
  • 81% of the arrests occurred after 1990
  • 56% of those charged with a reentry offense had previously been convicted on at least 5 prior occasions.
  • Defendants charged with unlawful reentry had the most extensive criminal histories. 90% had been previously arrested. Of those with a prior arrest, 50% had been arrested for violent or drug-related felonies.

The study only sampled about 21% of the incarcerated illegal aliens.
WOW!!!!!! I wouldn't dignify his question with an answer. But, you knocked it out of the ballpark with dignity

Old 09-02-2015, 09:13 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,490,921 times
Quote:
And … given your comments so far, you seem to be in favor of allowing people, including their innocent children, to just die if they can't fully support themselves … (as per, Sarah Palin's proposed "death panels") … ???

No! You are treating me like a "team player" when in reality, I trust NO politician of any party stripe. See, I figured out the game of politics a long time ago.....a little hint....they don't care about you/or me. I know that might be shocking to you. But now that we have that out of the way.......

If I could, what I'd like to do is court order all those selfish parents sterilized because they obviously can't figure out how selfish they are on their own and aren't acting at all like responsible/caring humans to mess up so many kids lives and feel it's ok to leach off hard working people. Will never happen of course for we are a free society and everyone can become a parent, no matter how bad a parent they potentially are or if they have zero resources for that matter. The double edged sword of a free society. Though I have a feeling if we cut off the free money machine alone and greatly reduce it/only use it in extreme short term cases as was originally intended, that alone would stop a good deal of the welfare abuse that is going on. Turn off the enabling machine.

Though you're going to tell me those parents have a right to raise kids in abusive/homes without enough resources, that it is indeed the responsibility of the tax paying citizen to raise their kids financially......I know, I know...

Last edited by stevek64; 09-02-2015 at 09:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events