Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 07:31 AM

40,955 posts, read 49,242,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoTex View Post
Water is the only drink that your body needs.

All the others you just want.
I want to agree but I really need a 2nd cup of coffee this morning.

I had a few old High School buddies who died from Coke abuse but they didn't drink it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2015, 07:38 AM

88,647 posts, read 84,928,808 times
Once in a blue moon I have a soda. My mom's been hospitalized and I went wild and got a root beer instead of water with my lunch at the hospital cafe the other day, and I'm not sorry.

But for those of us of a certain age, say over 50--we remember when soda was a TREAT for special occasions. A family picnic, a birthday party, etc. It came in glass bottles, was not sold in liters yet, lol, and no one bought soda as an everyday beverage and kept it in the house and drank it all the time.

Look at the news clips and documentaries from the 60s and 70s. Very few people are overweight. Coincidence? I think not.

Old 09-12-2015, 07:42 AM

40,955 posts, read 49,242,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
But for those of us of a certain age, say over 50--we remember when soda was a TREAT for special occasions. A family picnic, a birthday party, etc. It came in glass bottles, was not sold in liters yet, lol, and no one bought soda as an everyday beverage and kept it in the house and drank it all the time.
We must be similar in age. Remember when you could get an Ice Cold Coke and a candy bar for 10-15 cents? That was a special treat only on special occasions.

Always hated when my dad said "Give me a drink". I always got back about half my soda.

Old 09-12-2015, 07:52 AM

2,349 posts, read 1,399,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I can't believe anyone would even drink soda, let alone 2.2 gallons of that poisonous stuff on a daily basis.
I have one soda a day...I agree, can't believe someone would want that much.

Old 09-12-2015, 08:13 AM

12,063 posts, read 10,289,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraviolet3 View Post
I rarely drink soda, so when I do have a coke once every 2 or 3 months, I enjoy it greatly. But, obviously not enough to want to go out and buy a 12pack of the stuff.

A few months ago, I was hooked on san pellegrino sparkling blood orange drink, and would have 1 can of it a day. That went on for about 2 weeks or so until I lost interest in it.

I do sometimes buy flavored sparkling waters as they are refreshing, but for the most part, I drink plain old water.
Love sparkling water. I was stationed in Sicily for two years. When I found the blood orange soda carried by HEB, I was in heaven. Love the stuff.

Old 09-12-2015, 08:34 AM

3,671 posts, read 3,564,077 times
My system can't handle the carbonation, so never been a soda drinker. I'm a fan of V8 hot and spicy, and coffee every chance I get. Not big on water, has no flavor, but when I do drink it, it's bottled.

Old 09-12-2015, 08:39 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,544,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
Someone I grew up with had died from drinking a 12 pack of Pepsi every day, I know someone that drinks a 12 pack of Busch every day and he is still alive and well.
His liver isn't.

Old 09-12-2015, 08:42 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,544,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDown View Post
My system can't handle the carbonation, so never been a soda drinker. I'm a fan of V8 hot and spicy, and coffee every chance I get. Not big on water, has no flavor, but when I do drink it, it's bottled.
Try Propel, I drink 24 oz. every day. Your body needs water, and I try to drink as much water daily as I do coffee. I'm addicted to both Propel and coffee.

Old 09-12-2015, 09:03 AM

4,978 posts, read 5,776,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Try Propel, I drink 24 oz. every day. Your body needs water, and I try to drink as much water daily as I do coffee. I'm addicted to both Propel and coffee.
Propel has artificial sweeteners.

Quote:
WATER, CITRIC ACID, SODIUM HEXAMETAPHOSPHATE (TO PROTECT FLAVOR), NATURAL FLAVOR, POTASSIUM SORBATE (PRESERVES FRESHNESS), ASCORBIC ACID (VITAMIN C), SUCRALOSE, SODIUM CITRATE, POTASSIUM CITRATE, ACESULFAME POTASSIUM, NIACINAMIDE (VITAMIN B3), CALCIUM DISODIUM EDTA (TO PROTECT FLAVOR), VITAMIN E ACETATE, CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE (VITAMIN B5), PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE (VITAMIN B6)
Plain water with a lemon slice is wonderful. Or plain water with a splash of lime. Or plain water with a few cucumber slices.

Old 09-12-2015, 09:07 AM

174 posts, read 190,135 times
What is the supposed connection between Coke, and a baby being born without tooth enamel?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events