Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2015, 04:49 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,486,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Why do some people always feel the need to rain on the parades of others? If you don't like marijuana, don't smoke it. If you don't like any substance/activity/idea, DON'T ENGAGE IN IT. Why do you feel the need to fear-monger with bogus stats from an undoubtedly dubious source? Even if the stats were real, ok, so what? There are STILL and will likely ALWAYS be more deaths/accidents/hospitalizations related to alcohol, as has been the case for many many years compared to any other substance. I'm curious as to your political affiliation; as in the case with same-sex marriage, it tends to be those "small-government, freedom-loving" conservatives who have a problem with other people doing things that they simply don't like. Live and let live, it's soooo not hard and when you adopt that mentality, it makes life much more enjoyable.
Because you enjoying giving yourself brain damage next to me causes me to inhale the same crap as you....I have no choice. The law says people can only smoke MJ at home but they aren't listening to the law. They are smoking it all over the place, which could cost me my job if I'm exposed to enough of it...they are risking MY life and livelyhood, not just their own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2015, 08:31 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,723,289 times
If it's not sacred, why is it in the Holy Bible? Mentioned 5 times in Genesis as kaneh bosm. It was the burning bush that was never consumed, & an ingredient in the holy anointing oil, according to a rabbi who translated from a Hebrew scroll that dated to before 3rd century BC when translated to Greek. Look up kaneh bosm & decide for yourself.

Seems you always change the subject from cannabis to all drugs, as if there are no differences, or you don't know differences. You seem be suggesting all or most cannabis users are dysfunctional, but it is important to remember that the dysfunction came first. Nobody or almost nobody would start using just to become dysfunctional or mentally ill. Mere logic makes it easy to figure out which came first.

Many in law enforcement die from not having cannabis. Depression causes over 41,000 in US to take their lives & police commit suicide at a rate about 50% higher than the public. Meanwhile pill cos. put out "anti-depressants" that actually cause some people to commit summit suicide & homicide. Do you want that happening to police officers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
And so we see the face of marijuana ..drug use.. and dysfunctional behavior ...attack anyone who shows the sacred weed may not be as sacred as its held up for us to see

There were substantial citations given... argue the evidence.. but its solid..

For me.. it has been satisfying watching the community vote.. overwhelmingly.. to control this scourge where we live. We see over and over communities struggle with drug use.. abuse.. need vs reality.. we see ultimately it is wholly damaging
We don't have to accept the dumbed down behavior of drug use...we don't have to sentence our children to a life less realized.. we don't have to accept the ehokesale damage to our physical environment.
We don't have to accept the tide of drug money driving the discussion...big dope money is trying to buy politicians ...

Didnt work out so well in Colorado ... CNN reality show..

Old 09-19-2015, 08:38 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,643,450 times
Have heard on national news some of the same. Thanks for the input. It will be on our ballot and many voting against it. Colorado thought it would bring in major bucks to the state coffers and instead its made the less intelligent even more so. Kind of made their own population the criminal elements.

Old 09-19-2015, 09:01 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,086,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
Because you enjoying giving yourself brain damage next to me causes me to inhale the same crap as you....I have no choice. The law says people can only smoke MJ at home but they aren't listening to the law. They are smoking it all over the place, which could cost me my job if I'm exposed to enough of it...they are risking MY life and livelyhood, not just their own.
LOL, that'd be ironic

Old 09-19-2015, 09:18 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,721,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv my dayton View Post
Have heard on national news some of the same. Thanks for the input. It will be on our ballot and many voting against it. Colorado thought it would bring in major bucks to the state coffers and instead its made the less intelligent even more so. Kind of made their own population the criminal elements.
Are you disputing the revenue that the state has realized since legalization?
Do you have some facts to back this up?

Colorado’s legal weed market: $700 million in sales last year, $1 billion by 2016 - The Washington Post

Colorado declares tax holiday for marijuana sales - BBC News

"The state collected $9.7 million in taxes related to marijuana sales in June 2015, up nearly $5 million from the same month last year. By May, the state had collected more than $88 million in marijuana taxes in 2015."

Colorado Marijuana Tax Revenue Nearly Doubles in One Year

Old 09-19-2015, 09:19 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,033,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
Last I checked overall the amount of violent crimes are down, most dispensaries know it is a cost of doing business to get robbed. They can give all the reasons they want, but the primary reason that they are being robbed is that they are forced to operate as a cash business, with many of these dispensaries doing around $500,000 a month in sales they are sitting targets and due to legal requirements they are not allowed to have possession of firearms in the facility. So why would anybody expect that they would not be getting robbed?
I would have to agree with this statement. On top of that, not long ago the news interviewed one of the first pot dispensaries in CO and what that lady had to say was shocking.
She had to pay sales tax at a rate of $75k per month. That in and of itself is not the issue as it reflects sales. What was shocking was what she had to go through to actually pay the tax.
At first she took the cash down to the tax office but after a few times of this the office decided for her safety and to shorten the time spent counting at the front desk they'd send an armored car. After a couple of times of that they then decided that no, they won't do that anymore and that she'd have to bring it in BUT, and this is a BIG but, if she brought cash instead of a check of some sort she'd have to pay a rather hefty fee for them to accept it and count it.
Now remember, no bank will accept her money which would allow her to pay by check,wire transfer etc.

WHAT?????

Old 09-19-2015, 09:21 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,237,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
Do you find yourself in this situation often?

Old 09-19-2015, 09:25 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,647,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren44 View Post
Nice of you to post a bogus article without referring to the actual link or where it is actually from. Yet somehow the states sales are so high and the taxes are so abundant the state is actually making more money than expected
You think it is a good idea to trade all those lives for more money. I guess you don't realize how much insurance costs are going up.

Old 09-19-2015, 09:30 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,486,909 times
Quote:
Do you find yourself in this situation often?
I did...I just switched jobs though so now I shouldn't. But the fact is that they ARE exposing others to their "right" and not caring about the other person's "right" NOT to have to breathe it.

There have been similar problems with neighbors here.

Old 09-19-2015, 09:31 AM

50,885 posts, read 36,563,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
You think it is a good idea to trade all those lives for more money. I guess you don't realize how much insurance costs are going up.
I think you need to clarify this. What are "all those lives" are being lost??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events