Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2015, 09:33 AM

50,786 posts, read 36,486,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
I did...I just switched jobs though so now I shouldn't. But the fact is that they ARE exposing others to their "right" and not caring about the other person's "right" NOT to have to breathe it.

There have been similar problems with neighbors here.
Switched jobs? Are you actually trying to imply people at your last job were smoking pot in your workplace? I don't believe you, the law does not allow that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2015, 09:36 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
I did...I just switched jobs though so now I shouldn't. But the fact is that they ARE exposing others to their "right" and not caring about the other person's "right" NOT to have to breathe it.

There have been similar problems with neighbors here.
And this is different from being exposed to cigarette smoke how?

I don't smoke anything and yet, because my neighbors are chain cigarette smokers, my home and car reek of cigarette smoke.

Never smell the other though. And I live in the Denver metro.

The sky is not falling folks.

Old 09-19-2015, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
And this is different from being exposed to cigarette smoke how?

I don't smoke anything and yet, because my neighbors are chain cigarette smokers, my home and car reek of cigarette smoke.

Never smell the other though. And I live in the Denver metro.

The sky is not falling folks.
This is what gets me. The majority of people saying it was a terrible idea and had terrible consequences do NOT live in Colorado, most of not all of those posters from the state in question say it's been fine, and those people who don't live there come back and tell the residents of the state they are "wrong" about their own experiences living there somehow.

Also what people seem to forget it more pot os not being smoked, just being smoked more openly. There is just as much pot being smoked in PA and NJ and Kentucky and other states that have not legalized it. The ONLY difference is people being arrested for it in those other states.

The folks so against it have still failed over and over to say what they think is the solution since prohibition so clearly didn't work and only wastes dollars and lives. What is the alternative you are proposing to clear the world of this terrible scourge that no one else has thought of?

Old 09-19-2015, 09:43 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,298,303 times
Anyone can find a poll or an article that will provide statistical numbers to support their argument. What isn't being said is the underlying truth. The majority of anti-marijuana proponents are really seeking to ban it due to cultural and religious issues. It goes against their moral beliefs. Most of these people are Evangelicals. This is why most of these people oppose even medical marijuana which is why Jeb Bush rejected it in Florida. Sure, they will cite some other reason but that's the real reason.

It goes back to Nancy Reagan and Just Say No. They grew up opposing drugs like marijuana. And for them, they don't like to see their world change by legalizing it. That is the truth but won't admit that because it discredits them as basing their decision on non-logical objective measures. What I'm trying to say is it doesn't matter what the facts and statistical evidence actually show. That is immaterial to them. Culturally and religiously, they are against it. It is futile to argue with them because their choice is not based on logic but religious reasons. They will not change their mind regardless of the facts. It's like arguing with the Taliban.

Old 09-19-2015, 09:44 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,709 times
My coworkers were not smoking...the people where I was going were smoking openly and I had to wade through clouds of the crap. And it DOES affect more that cigarettes because I don't have to worry about losing my job for testing positive for cigarettes.

I don't want to have to be forced to breathe either but MJ smoke can affect more than my health.

If smokers of any kind would simply be considerate of others rights then there would not be any backlash...but smokers, for the most part, are self-righteous and do not care about the rights of others.

You cannot compare this to alcohol because the act of consuming alcohol doesn't affect the persons health next to you...you would have to take another action in order to affect someone else. With smoking, the act alone affects people around you because you are polluting the air they are also breathing.

Old 09-19-2015, 09:48 AM

Quote:
My coworkers were not smoking...the people where I was going were smoking openly and I had to wade through clouds of the crap. And it DOES affect more that cigarettes because I don't have to worry about losing my job for testing positive for cigarettes.

I don't want to have to be forced to breathe either but MJ smoke can affect more than my health.

If smokers of any kind would simply be considerate of others rights then there would not be any backlash...but smokers, for the most part, are self-righteous and do not care about the rights of others.

You cannot compare this to alcohol because the act of consuming alcohol doesn't affect the persons health next to you...you would have to take another action in order to affect someone else. With smoking, the act alone affects people around you because you are polluting the air they are also breathing.
You are not going to fail a drug test because you walked through a cloud of smoke.

I would actually like to hear from other Coloradans on this though, are you actually needing to walk through clouds of pot smoke just to get to work? If that's the case, there should be more regulation regarding smoking in public, but it seems a ridiculous overreaction to want to ban it again when simply regulating it would fix the problem you are so worried about. Your bias is showing.

Old 09-19-2015, 09:50 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I think you need to clarify this. What are "all those lives" are being lost??
· Traffic deaths: A 32 percent increase in marijuana-related traffic deaths in just one year from 2013.

Guess you didn't read the report. And how about all those emergency room visits. This is the same thing that happened in our county where I grew up years ago when we stopped banning alcoholic beverages. First weekend there was an alcoholic accident that killed two teens. Vice approval always cause bad things to happen.

Old 09-19-2015, 09:52 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
You are not going to fail a drug test because you walked through a cloud of smoke.

I would actually like to hear from other Coloradans on this though, are you actually needing to walk through clouds of pot smoke just to get to work?
//www.city-data.com/forum/denve...marijuana.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/bould...alization.html

By and large, folks really seem fine with things. The sky hasn't fallen, life has gone on and it seems like things are good.

Old 09-19-2015, 09:53 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,709 times
Quote:

I would actually like to hear from other Coloradans on this though, are you actually needing to walk through clouds of pot smoke just to get to work?
You sure will if you do it often enough. You are ignorant of what I was doing, where I was doing it and how long I was exposed each time but yet you want to argue points you know nothing about because in YOUR mind NOTHING can be true that destroys your passion for weed. No amount of fact will ever change your tune because you KNOW better right?

...Might want to educate your brain cells a bit instead of eradicating them.

Are you implying that I'M not in Colorado?

Old 09-19-2015, 09:54 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
· Traffic deaths: A 32 percent increase in marijuana-related traffic deaths in just one year from 2013.

Guess you didn't read the report. And how about all those emergency room visits. This is the same thing that happened in our county where I grew up years ago when we stopped banning alcoholic beverages. First weekend there was an alcoholic accident that killed two teens. Vice approval always cause bad things to happen.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...historic-lows/

This seems to go against your statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events