Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 02:21 PM

10,115 posts, read 19,422,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heterojunction View Post
Who is paying to keep it alive? Tax payer money? I imagine the treatment is incredibly expensive.

"IT"????????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 02:40 PM

251 posts, read 641,879 times
This situation reminds me so much of a situation in our church. Before I get flamed, yes I'm a Christian and believe God can do anything. But at what point is it like okay God's trying to tell us something and we keep prolonging it.

Anyway, kid was born 1 pound. He's 3 now and has no quality of life. He's blind, deaf, and has no awareness of his situation. They just had surgery on the kid to remove half of his brain that was causing him to have multiple seizures every day of his life. Now, he's having all kind of internal problems from the surgery and is under constant watch.

At what point do you realize it's time to just let them go. I believe God can heal, but at the same time, people need to not always try and play God's part. I dunno.

Old 09-30-2015, 02:54 PM

23,742 posts, read 12,615,055 times
<snipped>
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
No, they made a decision after ignoring the information they received. That's not the same as making an informed decision.
They did not ignore the information they received. The doctor, who had misdiagnosed the baby, told them that the baby would only live a short time after it was born -- seconds, minutes, hours or maybe days (the doctor also said Jax would be blind and deaf, which he isn't). They asked if there would be any harm to the mother if she carried the child until it was born and were told no. They didn't make their decision based on religious reasons, even though they are very religious. Since the doctor told them Jax wouldn't live long after being born they decided rather than aborting they would see it through. Who knows, if the doctor had given them a correct diagnosis and said that Jax could possibly live for a year or more they might have decided to do differently.

As far as their GoFundMe account that people are talking about in here .. big effing deal!! People have accounts on there for anything and everything, even the Parents of Mike Brown had an account on there. If people want to give then they give, if they don't they won't -- it should concern no one who doesn't care to give.

Old 09-30-2015, 03:00 PM

<snipped>
Quote:
Originally Posted by aparker2005 View Post
Anyway, kid was born 1 pound. He's 3 now and has no quality of life. He's blind, deaf, and has no awareness of his situation. They just had surgery on the kid to remove half of his brain that was causing him to have multiple seizures every day of his life. Now, he's having all kind of internal problems from the surgery and is under constant watch.
What child are you talking about in the above comment?

Old 09-30-2015, 03:03 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,188,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
<snipped>

They did not ignore the information they received. The doctor, who had misdiagnosed the baby, told them that the baby would only live a short time after it was born -- seconds, minutes, hours or maybe days (the doctor also said Jax would be blind and deaf, which he isn't). They asked if there would be any harm to the mother if she carried the child until it was born and were told no. They didn't make their decision based on religious reasons, even though they are very religious. Since the doctor told them Jax wouldn't live long after being born they decided rather than aborting they would see it through. Who knows, if the doctor had given them a correct diagnosis and said that Jax could possibly live for a year or more they might have decided to do differently.

As far as their GoFundMe account that people are talking about in here .. big effing deal!! People have accounts on there for anything and everything, even the Parents of Mike Brown had an account on there. If people want to give then they give, if they don't they won't -- it should concern no one who doesn't care to give.
The doctor didn't give them the wrong diagnosis. The diagnosis was spot on. He have them a prognosis based on the available information that happened to be wrong. Stop making things up.

Old 09-30-2015, 03:08 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,574,751 times
Quote:
<snipped>

What child are you talking about in the above comment?
What are you talking about? Why did you "snip" it, it says right there in the post. The very sentence you "snipped". This situation reminds me so much of a situation in our church. Before I get flamed, yes I'm a Christian and believe God can do anything. But at what point is it like okay God's trying to tell us something and we keep prolonging it.

Old 09-30-2015, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
The doctor didn't give them the wrong diagnosis. The diagnosis was spot on. He have them a prognosis based on the available information that happened to be wrong.
Spot on . The doctor told them that he had Anencephaly, and babies born with that do die shortly after being born. The doctors at the Boston Hospital gave them the diagnosis of Microhydranencephaly, and babies born with that can sometimes live longer.

Quote:
Stop making things up.
You should take your own advice

Old 09-30-2015, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
What are you talking about? Why did you "snip" it, it says right there in the post. The very sentence you "snipped". This situation reminds me so much of a situation in our church. Before I get flamed, yes I'm a Christian and believe God can do anything. But at what point is it like okay God's trying to tell us something and we keep prolonging it.
I snipped it because I wasn't asking about your comments about God, etc., I was asking about what kid you were talking about in the part that I had quoted.

Old 09-30-2015, 03:19 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,574,751 times
Quote:
I snipped it because I wasn't asking about your comments about God, etc., I was asking about what kid you were talking about in the part that I had quoted.
I'm not the one who made the post. And you snipped right off the answer to your question. As you can see, clearly the poster, when he said this was a situation going on in their church, it meant some church goers child.

Old 09-30-2015, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I'm not the one who made the post. And you snipped right off the answer to your question. As you can see, clearly the poster, when he said this was a situation going on in their church, it meant some church goers child.
Sorry, my fault.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events