Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 10:18 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,770,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by linda814 View Post
So, another day she's not at work....but gets paid?
If this woman can't do her job it's time to move on.

What's next, some clerk who refuses to issue CCW's or hunting licenses because she is anti-gun?

Old 09-30-2015, 10:27 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,411,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post

What's next, some clerk who refuses to issue CCW's or hunting licenses because she is anti-gun?
Sounds alot like Massachusetts. No media outcry tho.

Old 09-30-2015, 10:47 AM

24,471 posts, read 17,207,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post

Don't give anyone ideas or they will.

I never understood any business discriminating against anyone considering all money is green.
I'm thinking the shops made to bake cakes for gay weddings.

I don't understand how this Davis creature can make such fuss. If she is not happy about performing a part of her job then step aside and appoint someone who can. Better yet fire her.

What would we do if all the janitors at schools who are paid to clean decided not to clean the bathrooms because it is gross? What if touching a toilet violated their religious beliefs?

Why do we make it easy for these idiots. Why does the pope feel compelled to meet with Davis, why do certain GOP candidates choose to meet with her and cut out a huge segment of the population that might have otherwise voted for them?

She is a hypocrite at best and the folks who rally behind her are fools who are no better than the ones that still rally behind the Michael Brown "Hands Up don't Shoot" shooting even when all the evidence was in and the Obama witch hunt had found that Wilson acted within the law.

People are getting nuttier all the time.

Old 09-30-2015, 10:52 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,149,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick View Post
I don't care if this woman met with God himself. She has no business pushing her religious beliefs onto others and denying tax paying citizens their legal rights. She needs to be FIRED, impeached, get rid of her.! What part of this does the state of Kentucky NOT get? I was born and raised Catholic, have been non-practicing for decades because of all the churches BS. I had really kinda liked this man but all that went away with this news. He has no business in the laws of the United States and especially ones that are blatantly being broken. This woman is a hypocrite, dishonest, a thief, and condoning her actions is wrong. Stealing is a sin also, and accepting tax money for not doing a job is theft.
The part where they as a state overwhelmingly voted to not allow that type of marriage but are now forced to have it through judicial legislation. She can not be fired, she will have to get impeached to be removed from office and, unless something drastically changes, that won't happen. I worked very near that area once upon a time, most of the people I know in the vicinity are pretty happy she is thumbing her nose at the courts. There are many who feel she is doing exactly what they elected her to do.
I personally don't have an issue with SSM, just answering your question by explaining why she is highly unlikely to be impeached and may even be re-elected in 3 years.

Old 09-30-2015, 10:54 AM

19,119 posts, read 25,316,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda814 View Post
So, another day she's not at work....but gets paid?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
Life of a government worker.
She is a piker by comparison with Chris Christie.

He has been out-of-state for more than 33% of the time during the course of his second term as NJ Governor, and--so far in 2015--he has been out-of-state for more than 50% of the time. And, in addition to paying the salary of the absentee governor, the taxpayers of NJ have to pay for the airline travel costs of his state police bodyguards.

Old 09-30-2015, 10:58 AM

8,055 posts, read 7,425,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
According to at least one source, it's because the Vatican hired a PR firm specifically to make him popular.

Pope Francis’ new clothes: Why his progressive image is white smoke and mirrors - Salon.com
LOL if Salon hates him, I like him more!

Old 09-30-2015, 10:58 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,110,332 times
I support the Pope in this instance. People seem to have the idea that Jesus was an "anything goes" type of man. He said He came to bring division- not acceptance of sin.

Old 09-30-2015, 11:02 AM

3,298 posts, read 2,472,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
LOL if Salon hates him, I like him more!
That's using the old noggin.

Old 09-30-2015, 11:21 AM

11,758 posts, read 14,647,352 times
This morning's update is that the Times is reporting that the Vatican confirmed a meeting took place, but isn't saying anything more about what was said.

Old 09-30-2015, 11:21 AM

50,770 posts, read 24,277,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honobob View Post
And Catholic? She's quite the chameleon er.. shameleon.
Funny, I was thinking the same thing. Can change quickly from a woman of low repute to a born-again, from one party to another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events